mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#621 » by mohammed10 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:58 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:
mohammed, repost it here if you still have it

Here you go:

Ted- While we appreciate your enthusiasm, please remember – close only counts in horseshoes and grenades.
As a longtime BULLETS fan (I refuse to call them Wizards until something magical happens) who can recall the heady days of Dick Motta, Wes Unseld (player, not GM), and Bobby Dandrige, I am forced to endure yet another losing season of Washington professional hoops. Occasionally, before your arrival as owner, we fans were treated to Chris Webber, Juwan Howard and even Gilbert Arenas and the infrequent playoff victory.

In your tenure, we have seen this team regress badly. Further, there is no savior on the horizon that encourages even the most pedestrian of DC fans to whisper 'playoffs'. When you arrived, we all embraced the 'build through the draft' mantra you preached. We are more than three years into this rebuild 2.0 (or is it 4.0, I lose count). At the same time, typically downtrodden teams like the Clippers and Nets trade for superstars that you would not (James Harden) and are looking like playoff teams capable of making deep runs into the post season.

I for one will not spend a dime on another game at Verizon Center until profession basketball returns there in some capacity (note to Ted - signing and resigning D-league players is akin to reshuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic). I know many other fans who feel the same way. It's unfortunate that you may never see their passion, as you and your moderators delete all but the most pollyanna of posts. That stated, I am sure that my post may never see this message board either.

Sad.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#622 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:01 pm

mohammed10 wrote:Here you go:

Good stuff. Very similar indeed :nod:
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#623 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:18 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:Just posted this on Ted's take. Im sure it will be deleted but i just needed to vent..

http://www.tedstake.com/2012/12/27/not- ... ment-41106

"yawn.. while i appreciate your diligence to continue posting, I'm so tired of reading such apathetic posts about another moral win. At what point do you realize moral victories still end up in the "L" column.

Close losses are a result of the team you have created. It's clear that this team lacks the talent to execute during crunch time, so how do you expect these close games, turn into wins? We may be the called the Wizards but doing nothing while hoping for magic is not the answer.

P.S. I find it ridiculously disrespectful that you delete so many of your comments. Just so you know, they have been re posted elsewhere and after reading them, I must say it reflects very poorly on you. I understand if they are inappropriate or profane, but civil comments should not be moderated. So when you say that you understand the "fans frustration," pardon us if we laugh in your face."

MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#624 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 pm

I posted this just because the moral victory posts are just getting old and its still awaiting moderation

This is unbelievable,

We have no talent on this team, young players and injuries can’t be excuses for this terribly built team. John Wall is not going to come in and wins will not just magically appear. Look at the Rockets and Warriors organizations who develop there young players properly and built there teams to compliment each other and not just 1 player. Were a bottom-feeder team until someone steps up and invests in the proper development, scouting, talent and medical aspects of the team and not on Bieber concerts. But most of the hardcore fans know that this atrocity of a team won’t change thanks to our almighty front office.

Thank You Theodore Leonsis and Ernest Grunfeld for completely breaking the hearts of true Bullets/Wizards fans and not the casual fans who just pay a buck on Stubhub to come to games.

The Players We Could’ve had:
James Harden, Ricky Rubio, Stephon Curry, Klay Thompson, Kemba Walker, Kawhi Leonard, Kenneth Faried, Trey Burke, Nikola Vucevic, The Morris Twins, Marshon Brooks, Chandler Parsons, Andre Drummond, Damian Lillard, Terrence Jones, Draymond Green, Alex English, Scott Machado.

^^^ If your a Hardcore fan you know what I’m talking about.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#625 » by mohammed10 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:14 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:I posted this just because the moral victory posts are just getting old and its still awaiting moderation

This is unbelievable,

We have no talent on this team, young players and injuries can’t be excuses for this terribly built team. John Wall is not going to come in and wins will not just magically appear. Look at the Rockets and Warriors organizations who develop there young players properly and built there teams to compliment each other and not just 1 player. Were a bottom-feeder team until someone steps up and invests in the proper development, scouting, talent and medical aspects of the team and not on Bieber concerts. But most of the hardcore fans know that this atrocity of a team won’t change thanks to our almighty front office.

Thank You Theodore Leonsis and Ernest Grunfeld for completely breaking the hearts of true Bullets/Wizards fans and not the casual fans who just pay a buck on Stubhub to come to games.

The Players We Could’ve had:
James Harden, Ricky Rubio, Stephon Curry, Klay Thompson, Kemba Walker, Kawhi Leonard, Kenneth Faried, Trey Burke, Nikola Vucevic, The Morris Twins, Marshon Brooks, Chandler Parsons, Andre Drummond, Damian Lillard, Terrence Jones, Draymond Green, Alex English, Scott Machado.

^^^ If your a Hardcore fan you know what I’m talking about.

Yeah - like the other two posts, this one will never see the light of day on Ted's World...

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#626 » by tontoz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:21 pm

I sent a post in for that one too. So far no comments have made it past the mods lol.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#627 » by mohammed10 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:25 pm

tontoz wrote:I sent a post in for that one too. So far no comments have made it past the mods lol.

Not surprising...

Mods = Ernie

Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#628 » by Mickstix » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:40 pm

He a bust..
Mick
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#629 » by tontoz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 am

My comment actually made it in. Granted it was a lot more tame than the others posted here.

It isn’t just an issue of not knowing how to win. It is about a roster full of guys who can’t shoot. Plenty of other teams have injuries to key players (Rose, Dirk, etc) but they have other guys who can make shots.

Right now the Wizards are ranked last in offensive efficiency by a mile. Nobody else is even close. They are ranked at the same level as the Bobcats last year
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#630 » by hands11 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 am

badinage wrote:If Leonsis decides to keep Grunfeld through the season -- gasp -- then this should be the GM's new directive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3b ... ata_player

That's awesome. lol

This so sucks. This was supposed to be a much more entertaining season then this. After the way the year ended last year, there was actually finally something to look forward to.

Its all wrong man. Its all wrong. Were are even supposed to be here... crazy eye from Armageddon comes to mind.

After all those years of Abe, Ted was supposed to be a much better owner. I could live with some personnel blunders but what is Ted even doing these days ? I thought he was a marketing guy. Tell me about something Ted. What are you upgrading since you put in the sanitizer in the toilets ? Synder may have sucked as an owner but at least he got up some big screens in the stadium. What is Ted doing ? Seriously.

Upgrading the scouting team ?
New medical staff and training program ?
New strategy for player development ?

What ? What are you doing ?
hands11
Banned User

Post#631 » by hands11 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:54 am

This team simply can't afford to tank another entire season away. Since the Gil thing happened it been like one dark cloud. They did a ton to clean up the mess and the light finally started to shine starting at the end of last season. The Nene for McGee trade was actually a good trade. We were all happy we got Beal. Well at least most of us were. But now that you have Nene, you need to go for it and add the pieces. You can't just sit back and tank. We have to win now while you have Nene and Wall coming into his prime.

As was the 2011 draft. Ves, Singleton and Mack. Really ?

You draft a 3 and D SF with your second pick and you don't even have your core starter worked out ? Hell, I'll even give him a pass on Ves. Yes he is a project but at least he is long, athletic and has an old school approach to the game. Kid isn't just about scoring. You can actually develop a player like that in time and he fits better with better players. But they need production now. They could have had a very solid center in Nikola Vucevic. Could have had a SG that is long in Brooks. We needed a future center and we need a Nick replacement.

Wall
Brooks/Crawford/Mason
Trevor A/Webster
Nene/James Singleton/Kevin
Okafor/Vucevic

Thats not even counting what you would have gotten in this years draft. Hell, they could have added anything they wanted. Barnes, Lillard. Beal, Drummond

If they had the above roster, they very could have gone Lillard. I could make a case for every one of them.

It wouldn't have mattered because non of them would have been starting. Actually if they went Lillard, he would be starting with Wall out and the team would not have sucked. And the worst of our problems would be, what do we do with Wall and Lillard when Wall return. Hell, even Beal would have fit in better.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#632 » by payitforward » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:24 am

I've posted *many* comments on Ted's blog that have been denied. Here's what I made in response to his idiotic "Jordan Crawford's Positive Attitude" post:

Jordan Crawford has improved in his third season — his numbers are just about that of an average NBA 2-guard.

That’s it. Pretty sad if we’re hanging our hat on this. When will it be time to look in the mirror and say “we’ve made a series of bad decisions, one after the other. We’re going to have to start over. Scratch this rebuild, and on to the next rebuild.”

You don’t see these comments, and you certainly don’t read them. You don’t give them any weight, and you don’t look at anything outside the already-decided narrow perspective in weighing your own work here and that of your Front Office.

We just got dismantled by one of the worst teams in the league. Congratulations.

You keep saying “John Wall is our longest-tenured player.” Actually, we have 4 guys out of the 2010 draft, and 3 of them are equally long-tenured — Seraphin and Booker in addition to Wall. Crawford arrived a bit later that season.

Houston has exactly one player who’s been with the team as long as that group has been with us, Patrick Patterson. They started rebuilding from a disaster (loss of their franchise player, Yao Ming) right when we started rebuilding.

Darryl Morey has made a series of bold and clever moves, and his team is already well on its way up the ladder. He also is paying almost $20m less than we are in salary this year, and he has much more cap flexibility going forward.

Morey is starting a guy at the 3 who was taken a few picks *after* we took Shelvin Mack, whom we cut. He’s starting a guy at the 4 who was taken several picks *after* we took Jan Vesely (who had 1 rebound in 30 minutes last night — leave aside his pathetic shooting).

Morey is also getting 15 outstanding minutes a night from a guy who went undrafted that same year, and whom I was repeatedly calling for us to pick up after the draft. He has 4 rookies on his squad, and he has 4 2d year players as well — and at least 3 guys in their 3d year.

He also managed to sign a highly productive, reasonably-priced Center as a FA, not to mention Jeremy Lin (another guy I touted before the ’10 draft). And he managed to trade for one of the best players in the league as well.

What’s wrong, Ted? When are you going to make it right? Please replace Ernie Grunfield with a real GM, and then please give him a reasonable set of financial constraints and get out of his way.

I’m glad Jordan Crawford has “a positive attitude.” For heaven’s sake, man — don’t you get embarrassed when you assess what you’ve done here? Are you really thinking that a healthy John Wall takes us very far? He took us where last year?

This comment won’t get through moderation. Even if it does (and a few have since I figured out that saying my comments wouldn’t get online might help them actually get there), you won’t read it.

You are not taking in any information from anywhere but the mirror. As we all know, the mirror lies.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
hands11
Banned User

Post#633 » by hands11 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:58 am

pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#634 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:07 am

Pine on December 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM said:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Perhaps this comment is way out of line, but perhaps the Wizards wouldn’t have trouble closing out close games against fellow NBA bottom dwellers if we had a GM who knew how to assemble a roster.

Could that possibly be it?
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#635 » by Halcyon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:18 am

Everyday I check this site, hoping that Ernie has been fired. He's the last clown GM left in town (with Jim Bowden and Vinny Cerrato ousted long ago). Ted is holding back the area from becoming a dynasty town, with the Nats becoming legit championship contenders, and the Skins on the way there.

Ted is losing generations of fans right now, with no end in sight.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 364

Post#636 » by Silvie Lysandra » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:06 am

hands11 wrote: I thought he was a marketing guy.

That's exactly the problem.

Ted knows how to MARKET.

He doesn't know how to build.

I'm honestly curious as to how he made all his AOL money, and what role he was in. A lot of these CEOs make their fortunes not by being able to assemble a competent team or by innovating a product or taking entrepreneurial risk, but by being able to sell stuff and shift resources around.

Compare how Mark Cuban and Ted Leonsis made their fortunes. The thing with Cuban is that he BUILT his fortune from the ground up. Leonsis really didn't. Dan Snyder had a similar background - a marketer, not a builder.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#637 » by mohammed10 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 am

payitforward wrote:I've posted *many* comments on Ted's blog that have been denied. Here's what I made in response to his idiotic "Jordan Crawford's Positive Attitude" post:

Jordan Crawford has improved in his third season — his numbers are just about that of an average NBA 2-guard.

That’s it. Pretty sad if we’re hanging our hat on this. When will it be time to look in the mirror and say “we’ve made a series of bad decisions, one after the other. We’re going to have to start over. Scratch this rebuild, and on to the next rebuild.”

You don’t see these comments, and you certainly don’t read them. You don’t give them any weight, and you don’t look at anything outside the already-decided narrow perspective in weighing your own work here and that of your Front Office.

We just got dismantled by one of the worst teams in the league. Congratulations.

You keep saying “John Wall is our longest-tenured player.” Actually, we have 4 guys out of the 2010 draft, and 3 of them are equally long-tenured — Seraphin and Booker in addition to Wall. Crawford arrived a bit later that season.

Houston has exactly one player who’s been with the team as long as that group has been with us, Patrick Patterson. They started rebuilding from a disaster (loss of their franchise player, Yao Ming) right when we started rebuilding.

Darryl Morey has made a series of bold and clever moves, and his team is already well on its way up the ladder. He also is paying almost $20m less than we are in salary this year, and he has much more cap flexibility going forward.

Morey is starting a guy at the 3 who was taken a few picks *after* we took Shelvin Mack, whom we cut. He’s starting a guy at the 4 who was taken several picks *after* we took Jan Vesely (who had 1 rebound in 30 minutes last night — leave aside his pathetic shooting).

Morey is also getting 15 outstanding minutes a night from a guy who went undrafted that same year, and whom I was repeatedly calling for us to pick up after the draft. He has 4 rookies on his squad, and he has 4 2d year players as well — and at least 3 guys in their 3d year.

He also managed to sign a highly productive, reasonably-priced Center as a FA, not to mention Jeremy Lin (another guy I touted before the ’10 draft). And he managed to trade for one of the best players in the league as well.

What’s wrong, Ted? When are you going to make it right? Please replace Ernie Grunfield with a real GM, and then please give him a reasonable set of financial constraints and get out of his way.

I’m glad Jordan Crawford has “a positive attitude.” For heaven’s sake, man — don’t you get embarrassed when you assess what you’ve done here? Are you really thinking that a healthy John Wall takes us very far? He took us where last year?

This comment won’t get through moderation. Even if it does (and a few have since I figured out that saying my comments wouldn’t get online might help them actually get there), you won’t read it.

You are not taking in any information from anywhere but the mirror. As we all know, the mirror lies.

:bowdown:

I nominate this as a HOF post...

mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#638 » by mohammed10 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:22 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:Pine on December 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM said:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Perhaps this comment is way out of line, but perhaps the Wizards wouldn’t have trouble closing out close games against fellow NBA bottom dwellers if we had a GM who knew how to assemble a roster.

Could that possibly be it?

Pine - all I can say is thank goodness Real GM does not have the 'awaiting moderator' feature. Otherwise, NOTHING bad would ever get posted about the Wizards!

...and Ji would be exiled

mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#639 » by mohammed10 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:25 am

Chaos Revenant wrote:
He doesn't know how to build.

I'm honestly curious as to how he made all his AOL money, and what role he was in. A lot of these CEOs make their fortunes not by being able to assemble a competent team or by innovating a product or taking entrepreneurial risk, but by being able to sell stuff and shift resources around.

Compare how Mark Cuban and Ted Leonsis made their fortunes. The thing with Cuban is that he BUILT his fortune from the ground up. Leonsis really didn't. Dan Snyder had a similar background - a marketer, not a builder.

Hmmm...is that why The Danny and Ted are not on Shark Tank?

Jay81
Starter
And1: 473

Post#640 » by Jay81 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 pm

just curious but what does Ernie do at work on a day to day basis. Serious question

Return to Washington Wizards