2013 Coaching Candidates / Offseason Head Coach Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Re: 2013 Coaching Candidates 

Post#41 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:17 am

emunney wrote:Dave Joerger for me.

Can't believe it took this long before his name came up. He'd be my #1 choice.
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#42 » by pilprin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:58 pm

I am in the anyone by Skiles corner.

I am so tired of his B.S.

WTH is the deal with the Bucks and signing their own guys and then devaluing them by messing with their heads.

Ersan is the latest in that group. He started slowly and has been playing much better. Now I hear trade rumors...stupid! If you didn't want to build around him, then why sign him. Skiles has always like LRMM better and it is no surprise he is back starting.

This whole organization is mind numbing....I pray the team gets sold and new leadership can make a difference.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but it just is sooooo frustrating.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#43 » by JustinCredible » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:03 pm

I wouldn't mind Skiles. The Bucks at least always play the right way. In my opinion we are almost Spur-like without the talent.

We always have very few turnovers. We always play solid defense. We mostly share the ball well. I am in agreement with who gets minutes and who doesn't this season.

A different coach would have Tobias playing a lot more and living with his defensive mistakes. Skiles makes you play the right way or you don't play (minus Gooden last year). I believe that will lead to an improved defender in Tobias next season and he'll break out.

In short....I'd be fine with Skiles back.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#44 » by bullox » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:53 pm

I don't think he's quite ready yet, but a name I'd like to see somewhere down the line is Michael Peck. Former coach of Findlay Prep, he has seen a lot of NBA talent over the past few years. He was named head coach of the Idaho Stampede in the D-League this year, jumping straight from high school. They are having a rough year this year, but I like the way Peck manages a game. He's a sleeper candidate for a couple years down the road for any NBA job imo.
milweskee
Starter
And1: 331

Post#45 » by milweskee » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm

pilprin wrote:I am in the anyone by Skiles corner.

I am so tired of his B.S.

WTH is the deal with the Bucks and signing their own guys and then devaluing them by messing with their heads.

Ersan is the latest in that group. He started slowly and has been playing much better. Now I hear trade rumors...stupid! If you didn't want to build around him, then why sign him. Skiles has always like LRMM better and it is no surprise he is back starting.

This whole organization is mind numbing....I pray the team gets sold and new leadership can make a difference.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but it just is sooooo frustrating.

Ilyasova is his own worst enemy. I don't see Skiles having much to do with this weak minded individual who was relieved to be taken out of the starting line-up. LRMAM is better. And I am by no means a supporter of Skiles.

I would like Cassell or Sampson.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,888

Post#46 » by BUCKnation » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:40 pm

Woeful was on WSSP today with Bill Michaels and he asked him about Kelvin Sampson. Woeful said that if Skiles was fired, and Sampson was still available, he would be in their top 2-3 choices.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#47 » by SkilesTheLimit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Agreed with most where Sampson and Cassell are my top guys.

With Sampson, we could make a legit run at Eric Gordon if we wanted too.

Well, we know Kelvin has Gordon's cell #.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,159

Post#48 » by raysbookclub » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:

haha funny one.

am curious about Gordon's health--how much of his missed time is really just his problems with NO management? and is his leg injury bad enough that it leaves him not the same player?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#49 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 pm

books wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:

haha funny one.

am curious about Gordon's health--how much of his missed time is really just his problems with NO management? and is his leg injury bad enough that it leaves him not the same player?

It was probably legit but he doesn't want to be there, I'm sure he milked it.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#50 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 1, 2013 1:01 am

No to Sam Cassell. That would be the homer move but he's not head coach material right now and isn't exactly learning from a premier coach in Washington.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#51 » by Turd Ferguson » Tue Jan 1, 2013 5:30 am

The more I think about Cassell, the less I believe he'd really bring anything to the table in terms of player development that would be different from any other hot assistant in the league. I think everybody saw him jumping up and down on the sideline when we played the Wiz and suddenly this is a guy our young guys are gonna get behind and he's gonna turn them into studs etc.

I guess I don't really see how Cassell would come in from a putrid franchise and really get anything going here. I feel like, if we heard the news this offseason after finishing 6-10, no matter what, people will regret the hire versus another assistant (assuming we don't get anyone notable and have to go the unproven route, as I'm sure our FO will try for a former head coach before they exhaust other options) as soon as word comes down.

The hire absolutely has to be from a winning organization, and this team would be foolish to even consider anyone from a team that's going absolutely nowhere. I realize our options for candidates who legitimately consider coming here are slim, but there are always assistants looking to take the reigns and make a name for themselves, and I'd go with literally anyone else besides Cassell given the criteria of coming from a winning organization.

An assistant hire means they're going tank mode, and since that ship has sailed, get ready for somebody completely washed up after Sampson draws interest from other more enticing teams and passes on us. Too predictable.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#52 » by JayMKE » Tue Jan 1, 2013 8:14 am

I'm not sure what you're expecting from a coach. Nobody we bring in is going to "turn things around" on his own, that has to happen from the top. Some random no name no personality assistant from team like the Thunder or Spurs or whoever isn't going to shake some magic winning fairy dust on this team. We could get Phil Jackson and it wouldn't make much of a difference, you can't polish a turd.The reason I like Sam is because of his personality, I think he'll be a guy that players want to play for.
FREE GIANNIS
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#53 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 1, 2013 8:23 am

JayMKE wrote:I'm not sure what you're expecting from a coach. Nobody we bring in is going to "turn things around" on his own, that has to happen from the top. Some random no name no personality assistant from team like the Thunder or Spurs or whoever isn't going to shake some magic winning fairy dust on this team. We could get Phil Jackson and it wouldn't make much of a difference, you can't polish a turd.The reason I like Sam is because of his personality, I think he'll be a guy that players want to play for.

We need a modern coach. We're a problematic market so we need to draft/trade for/sign more under the radar talent. We need a great GM and a coach who plays all the right guys rather than going with "winners" "scorers" "legit big bodies" etc. We need a Morey or better and a coach who will listen to him. There's no point getting a Udoh, Hayes or Taj Gibson type guy if your coach plays them behind guys who "fill the stat sheet." Basically we need to optimise everything and right now we aren't within any facet of the organisation.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#54 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 1, 2013 8:39 am

I think one thing that most of us differ from you is I believe you severely overrate Udoh's impact.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#55 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 1, 2013 8:47 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I think one thing that most of us differ from you is I believe you severely overrate Udoh's impact.

Too much different +/- data for it not to be true IMO. :D Udoh's only a minor part of the larger issue anyway.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#56 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Tue Jan 1, 2013 3:54 pm

Is Sam Cassell a realIstic possibility?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#57 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Jan 1, 2013 4:03 pm

While for the most part I am ok with Skiles, -it makes me smh some times when I see him do the same things over and over again. I recall laste last year when we were getting killed at the start of games and Skiles even commented on that and said how it was hurting the team. Yet every game we saw Gooden, Ilyasova and Delfino out there as the starters. Think the start Daniels experiment need to end and Skiles needs to reconcile with Dalembert
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#58 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 1, 2013 9:09 pm

Bucks_Pre wrote:Is Sam Cassell a realIstic possibility?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Any assistant coach is pretty much a high possibility if you actually have interest in them.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#59 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Jan 1, 2013 11:42 pm

Maybe Carlisle will be available soon
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#60 » by ampd » Wed Jan 2, 2013 5:24 am

AussieBuck wrote:legit big bodies

I got so sick of hearing about that before the season. Am more than slightly amused that our 2 'legit big bodies' are both glued to the bench and we are better for it and so is our defense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks