Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Re: Wolves vs. Denver Jan 03 

Post#141 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:34 am

“@JerryZgoda: George Karl post-game: "I think Minnesota at times plays better without Love. They're kind of a machine-like offense."”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#142 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:44 am

Klomp wrote:
“@JerryZgoda: George Karl post-game: "I think Minnesota at times plays better without Love. They're kind of a machine-like offense."”

I was just going to post that. :x
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#143 » by Murphs56 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:11 am

Ok, so lets bench Pekovic as well considering he was in constant foul trouble tonight and didn't contribute much of anything. So good, we can win a game without Love and Pekovic when Denver absolutely stinks down the stretch.

Honestly, 17 rebounds in 24 minutes against one of the best rebounding squads in the NBA is pretty damn impressive. If you don't think that contributed to the win, you weren't watching. Denver usually owns the glass and gets easy putbacks. Love controlled that area for the minutes he was in there. It really got Denver off rhythm the entire night and got people into foul trouble. Offensively, yes he's struggling and it's tough to watch, but His presence on the glass is necessary, especially against a team like Denver
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#144 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:30 am

Murphs56 wrote:Ok, so lets bench Pekovic as well considering he was in constant foul trouble tonight and didn't contribute much of anything. So good, we can win a game without Love and Pekovic when Denver absolutely stinks down the stretch.

Honestly, 17 rebounds in 24 minutes against one of the best rebounding squads in the NBA is pretty damn impressive. If you don't think that contributed to the win, you weren't watching. Denver usually owns the glass and gets easy putbacks. Love controlled that area for the minutes he was in there. It really got Denver off rhythm the entire night and got people into foul trouble. Offensively, yes he's struggling and it's tough to watch, but His presence on the glass is necessary, especially against a team like Denver

And yet, despite all that we were down by 10 when Love went out.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#145 » by Dual » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:43 am

Love needs time to put his body and his mind ready to play. I say, give him a couple of weeks of the court to work on his conditioning.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#146 » by Murphs56 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:35 am

Dual wrote:Love needs time to put his body and his mind ready to play. I say, give him a couple of weeks of the court to work on his conditioning.

Off the court? How can he work on his conditioning when he's not playing in games? You get into game shape by playing games. Unfortunately for him, he's suffered set back after set back and can't get into a rhythm. Rubio isn't in shape either you know
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by Murphs56 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:38 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:Ok, so lets bench Pekovic as well considering he was in constant foul trouble tonight and didn't contribute much of anything. So good, we can win a game without Love and Pekovic when Denver absolutely stinks down the stretch.

And yet, despite all that we were down by 10 when Love went out.

Lets put it this way. We'll be a lottery team if Love doesn't turn it around. He's the best player on this team by miles and the team will go absolutely nowhere without him. That's me being a realist.
Dual
Veteran

Post#148 » by Dual » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:43 am

Murphs56 wrote:
Dual wrote:Love needs time to put his body and his mind ready to play. I say, give him a couple of weeks of the court to work on his conditioning.

Off the court? How can he work on his conditioning when he's not playing in games? You get into game shape by playing games. Unfortunately for him, he's suffered set back after set back and can't get into a rhythm. Rubio isn't in shape either you know

He came back too early, thats what i think, thats why he is allways hurt, he need to stop.
Rubio's case is different, he needs games to became the old Ricky we know.
Rubio isnt "fat" as Love and his knee is 100%, also they are taking care of him. But Love is out there like he was 100% and for me, right now he is 30% of his old self, and i dont think he needs more games to get in shape, he just need to get in shape by himself and rest to comeback at full strenght.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#149 » by Murphs56 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:49 am

Some of you guys probably believe we would have blown the Thunder out by 15 if Love didn't play... You know because his 28 11 7 stat line didn't contribute much.
Dual
Veteran

Post#150 » by Dual » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:51 am

Murphs56 wrote:Some of you guys probably believe we would have blown the Thunder out by 15 if Love didn't play... You know because his 28 11 7 stat line didn't contribute much.

He played great that game, i dont say he dont, but remember it was a National TV game :wink:
He is not putting the same effort in non national tv games :P
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#151 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Jan 4, 2013 12:02 pm

great win nuggets announcers were highly annoying bitching the whole game....they just said to end the game "sad thing for me.....is i don't think minnesota's very good" bitter much?....really pleased with the way dw is progressing, watched him closely all game and he's really impressing me with his rotations and all around effort...i truly can't wait to see him with ricky rather than jj. clutch play by jj and luke, there's no one on this team who i hate more and love seconds later more than jj...he can have me pulling my hair out one possession/game and loving him the next. hope klove is ok, he's been pissing us all off in the worst way lately but we need him and he will surely pull it together eventually...give him a solid amount of time off, get rid of some of the excess baggage and shot 1000 shots a day and come back for the stretch run.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#152 » by Dewey » Fri Jan 4, 2013 12:49 pm

Murphs56 wrote:

Chip - my new name for KLove

No excuse for not being in game shape - NONE. He has been loping all year and maybe if he got that big chip off his shoulder, he'd pick up his game. It's all about the willing and the able ... he is able, but unwilling (right now in most games). Yes, he's dealing with some hand injuries, but due to his self-inflicted saga, I think Chip is messed up mentally too. Bottom-line: His lack of conditioning is inexcusable.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#153 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:49 pm

Love hasn't had a whole lot of opportunity to get out of shape, he was playing in the Olympics all summer. I guess if he wasn't working at all when he was out with the broke hand, but ultimately it seems like Love has to work a lot harder to stay in shape than your average NBA player.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#154 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:51 pm

I think Love just needs to take a step back from the superstar mentality, play more like the hustle player he was a few years back until finds his shot.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#155 » by Basti » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:53 pm

southern wolf wrote:JJ Barea deserves more credit tonight. He was huge in the last quarter.

:nod:

Come to think of it, I remember him being much more of a game changer than last year. Also, although I'm not totally sure about that, it feels like he has won or brought us back into much more games than he helped the other team with errand shots and turnovers.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#156 » by TMo519 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:58 pm

The way Love is shooting right now, of course the team plays better without him on the floor. You have a guy shooting like 30% taking like 18-20 shots a game, your offense (and in turn, leading to more broken defense off missed shots) is going to suffer. Adelman's trying to get him going, running stuff for him and all that, but at the same time we're doing that, it's costing us some flow and shots from guys who are actually playing better. There's a very delicate balance here. How much effort should he put into trying to get Love to get his game going (and possibly sacrificing some games) in the hopes that it will pay off later in the season when he and Rubio are hopefully back to playing near their peaks?

On another note, really miss Chase Budinger. I never really thought before the season I'd be saying that, but you just watch this team, and man, he would be SOOOO nice to have on the floor cause of his outside shooting ability and knowledge of the offense from the wing spot.
teven_1
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#157 » by teven_1 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:01 pm

When is Chase due back?
"Look at me. I'm running like a young deer."- Andrei Kirilenko
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#158 » by Swish4 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:13 pm

We really do miss Budinger. He's exactly what we need right now.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#159 » by shrink » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:43 pm

teven_1 wrote:When is Chase due back?

He hopes to return in March. Mid-March would mean about the last 20 games of the season.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#160 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:26 pm

shrink wrote:
teven_1 wrote:When is Chase due back?

He hopes to return in March. Mid-March would mean about the last 20 games of the season.

combined with a fully-healthy Rubio and shooting-improved Love means a 20-0 finish! 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves