ImageImageImageImageImage

Crawford vs Arenas 3rd Year Comparision

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Crawford vs Arenas 3rd Year Comparision 

Post#21 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 am

I'm going to start all my self-congratulatory posts with the phrase, "I'm going to stick my 12-year Realgm reputation on …"

bulletproof, I hear that there metric system weight scale is different. Jan's 240 lbs is probably some sort of conversion, however they do that.

I believe Jan weighs right at 16-and-a-half stone
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#22 » by AFM » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:57 pm

He shoots like the ball is a 16 and a half lb stone you mean.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#23 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:04 pm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 02&y2=2013

Starting to pull away from 3rd year Gil.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... fjo02.html

Up year over year over year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... ing-guards

Pick a link.

Crawford only cost us 1M and he is a Jamal Crawford clone only a decade younger. Just to note, Jamal starts for the LAC who have the second best record in the league. He makes 5M a years.

His numbers also measure up to J.R. Smith starting SG for NY, who have the 5th best record in the league. JR is a steal at 2.8M

Dollar for pts, these are the best valued SG that produce.

We have JC signed for another year a 2M then and match year at 3.2M

JC is worth at least what the other JC is getting which is 5M. I would have no problem with the Wizards extended him for that at 3 years. If he keeps this progress up, they should consider this.

Wall/Temple/Price
Beal/Crawford/FA 3 ball shooter

Could make for a solid guard rotation for years to come. The key would be not overpaying for Wall

I still say they are building a team that is better balanced and better then the GA, CB, AJ, Haywood team.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#24 » by Dat2U » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:12 pm

Most laughable thread ever. Folks ought to get a backhand to the face for suggesting such ridiculousness.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#25 » by BigA » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:37 pm

bulletproof_32 wrote:Very interesting comparison. Got me thinging (sic) about another very similar comparison that should be on fredstake.com soon:

Jan Vs Jermaine 1st year comparison

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 01&y2=2012

Ok, before you'll (or y'all) freak out, just look at the numbers. I know this is sacreligious to the EG haters but so be it. This isn't about saying Jan is the franchise cornerstone or the heart of this team but it is interesting to see their similarities and realize Jan has nice potential if used correctly.

Both 6-11. Jan is thinker (tomato/ tamatoe) at 240 ( apparently jan also uses a different scale to weight himself).

Neither played college ball.
One was teammates with Rasheed Wallace. The other plays for a franchise that drafted Rasheed Wallace.
Both have names that begin with J (although one can't hit a j, the other has hit a few j's in his lifetime)
Both showed tones of swag confidence at the draft.

OK. Let the freak out name calling begin. I've been making this comparison for years and will stick my 7 year Wizboard reputation on it.

I'm HOF'ing this one.

By the way, I think it would be funny for those so inclined to start making satiric positive comments on Ted's Take and see if they get posted. It would be similar to the way Russians got things by the censors in the old Soviet Union.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#26 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:44 pm

Dat2U wrote:Most laughable thread ever. Folks ought to get a backhand to the face for suggesting such ridiculousness.

I totally agree.

I just refrained from saying anything out of respect to the OP. :)
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
hands11
Banned User

Post#27 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:53 pm

Its a numbers comparison. It is what it is.

Crawford is not getting the keys to a team any time soon like Gil did.

That said, I didn't care for the role Gil played with the Wiz. I thought it was a flowed design. I much prefer having a player like Wall with Beal next to him then Gil and Hughes or Gil and DSleez

But Crawford does have some of the same game Gil had. There is a comparison to be made. That is if yo have an open mind and don't over idolize Gil.

But in the end, Wall with Beal and Crawford is going to be the best guard rotation you have seen here is a long time. That is if Beal has really turned the corner it looks like he has.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#28 » by TGW » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:04 pm

Dat2U wrote:Most laughable thread ever. Folks ought to get a backhand to the face for suggesting such ridiculousness.

:lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#29 » by Wizardspride » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:08 pm

hands11 wrote:
But Crawford does have some of the same game Gil had. There is a comparison to be made. That is if yo have an open mind and don't over idolize Gil.

No. The only comparison to be made is if you don't have an open mind and intensely dislike Gil. (like you did...and still do.)

Other than being guards, I see no real comparison.

Sorry.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
hands11
Banned User

Post#30 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:17 pm

hands11 wrote:http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=arenagi01&y1=2004&p2=crawfjo02&y2=2013

Starting to pull away from 3rd year Gil.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... fjo02.html

Up year over year over year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/playe ... ing-guards

Pick a link.

Crawford only cost us 1M and he is a Jamal Crawford clone only a decade younger. Just to note, Jamal starts for the LAC who have the second best record in the league. He makes 5M a years.

His numbers also measure up to J.R. Smith starting SG for NY, who have the 5th best record in the league. JR is a steal at 2.8M

Dollar for pts, these are the best valued SG that produce.

We have JC signed for another year a 2M then and match year at 3.2M

JC is worth at least what the other JC is getting which is 5M. I would have no problem with the Wizards extended him for that at 3 years. If he keeps this progress up, they should consider this.

Wall/Temple/Price
Beal/Crawford/FA 3 ball shooter

Could make for a solid guard rotation for years to come. The key would be not overpaying for Wall

I still say they are building a team that is better balanced and better then the GA, CB, AJ, Haywood team.

Read WP
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#31 » by go'stags » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:37 pm

You dislike Gil for his "shot jacking". Never mind that he was hyper-efficient. And now you're a fan of Crawford?

Try again.
LyricalRico wrote:
Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#32 » by TGW » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:06 pm

go'stags wrote:You dislike Gil for his "shot jacking". Never mind that he was hyper-efficient. And now you're a fan of Crawford?

Try again.

Not only that, but Hands fails to realize just how much of a FAIL this thread is. He's basically arguing that Crawford is about as good as an injured Gilbert Arenas.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#33 » by Nivek » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:39 pm

Is hands still at this? :nonono:

There are probably quite a few seriously injured guys that Crawford can outplay. Don't want to be limited in our thinking.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#34 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:56 pm

"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
hands11
Banned User

Post#35 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 9:43 pm

Man I wish I was so injured I could average 38 minutes a game and mix in some 40+ minutes ones with
three 50 minute games.

After he took some time off, he came back to play his 2nd and 3rd game back at 44:00 and 41:00 mins
on back to back nights.

Where do I sign up for that injury. :lol:

Ok, I think I will let this go for now. Its obviously upsetting to some. I would rather get pumped up over Beals new 3 ball and Wall and Trevor returning.
dandrews
Junior
And1: 4

Post#36 » by dandrews » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:12 pm

A Jordan Crawford possession consists of dribbling aimlessly, accidentally using screens, and jacking of bad shots (if he hasn't already turned it over). I don't think "mentally special" is the right word for that
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#37 » by Knighthonor » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:37 am

hands11 wrote:Man I wish I was so injured I could average 38 minutes a game and mix in some 40+ minutes ones with
three 50 minute games.

After he took some time off, he came back to play his 2nd and 3rd game back at 44:00 and 41:00 mins
on back to back nights.

Where do I sign up for that injury. :lol:

Ok, I think I will let this go for now. Its obviously upsetting to some. I would rather get pumped up over Beals new 3 ball and Wall and Trevor returning.

Hey Hands11 I enjoy your positive energy and spirit regarding Crawford. Seem you are less bias on this forum, and judge player by effort rather than pop trends.

have my props... :wink:
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,598

Post#38 » by pancakes3 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:05 pm

Genius is often blinding
Bullets -> Wizards
Stat Padder
Junior
And1: 7

Post#39 » by Stat Padder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:30 pm

I think Crawford could average 26 points with the right amount of touches
I aplogise for my poor english as I a from nigeria :)
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 359

Post#40 » by Benjammin » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:45 pm

Stat Padder wrote:I think Crawford could average 26 points with the right amount of touches

Absolutely! Given his efficiency and 40 shots, that should about do it. :roll:

Return to Washington Wizards