ImageImageImage

Love re-fractures third metacarpal

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Re: Love re-fractures third metacarpal 

Post#21 » by Adenusi » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:36 pm

Hopefully he uses this time to condition instead of sitting on his @ss and doesn't rush back too fast.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#22 » by Murphs56 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:37 pm

Basti wrote:There's no need to hit the panic button (someone would most likely get injured while doing so, anyway). Obviously this loss is bad but considering how well this team seems to play without Love I think we can weather the storm for a while. Yes, it sucks and I feel really bad for Love but we have some depth at the power forward slot. This also means that Williams gets more playing time and we can evaluate if he can keep up his recent level of play for extended minutes.

It just sucks that this means AK will need to play at least as many minutes for an extended period of time. This can't be good.

Sorry. We got the benefit of a soft schedule to start. This is very bad. This roster isn't weathering a storm like this
criteriado
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#23 » by criteriado » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:37 pm

Murphs56 wrote:
Basti wrote:There's no need to hit the panic button (someone would most likely get injured while doing so, anyway). Obviously this loss is bad but considering how well this team seems to play without Love I think we can weather the storm for a while. Yes, it sucks and I feel really bad for Love but we have some depth at the power forward slot. This also means that Williams gets more playing time and we can evaluate if he can keep up his recent level of play for extended minutes.

It just sucks that this means AK will need to play at least as many minutes for an extended period of time. This can't be good.

Sorry. We got the benefit of a soft schedule to start. This is very bad. This roster isn't weathering a storm like this

THIS. When we played without Klove...We played the 27th softest schedule in the league.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#24 » by Mattya » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:38 pm

[RCG] wrote:PANIC BUTTON!

ANARCHY!!!!
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#25 » by Cashin out » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:39 pm

Does this mean you guys trade for a impact player to keep your playoff hopes alive?

Gasol for Kirlenko/Dwill?
criteriado
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by criteriado » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:39 pm

Cashin out wrote:Does this mean you guys trade for a impact player to keep your playoff hopes alive?

LOL. Kirilenko is much better than Gasol.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#27 » by Basti » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:40 pm

Cashin out wrote:Does this mean you guys trade for a impact player to keep your playoff hopes alive?

Absurd offer.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#28 » by Jukeness » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:40 pm

I dont understand how this can just can continue to happen, it never ends. It's injury after injury after injury, what other team would this ever happen to, why us? It really saddens me.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mattya » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:41 pm

How about we let the Lakers keep him and let them keep struggling.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Basti » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:41 pm

Murphs56 wrote:

Yes, we had a soft schedule at the beginning but they've been hanging with good teams even when Love was playing like a pile of hot doggy poop.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#31 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:44 pm

our main issue is our depth right now.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Murphs56 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:53 pm

Basti wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:

Yes, we had a soft schedule at the beginning but they've been hanging with good teams even when Love was playing like a pile of hot doggy poop.

Yup played horrible against the thunder. Our best win of the year. He hasn't been himself but u really think dwill is going to make up those 14 boards a game?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#33 » by C.lupus » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:58 pm

If Gasol was an impact player the Lakers wouldn't be trading him.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Basti » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:59 pm

No, obviously not and I was aware that we will miss his rebounding the most, just like we did early this season.

However, I wasn't thinking only of the Thunder game. There were several games against good teams we were playing well against at, despite abysmal performances by Love. Look, I'm not hating on Love or anything but I don't think there's a reason to hit the panic button, yet (emphasis on YET).
Murphs56
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Murphs56 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:02 am

Basti wrote:No, obviously not and I was aware that we will miss his rebounding the most, just like we did early this season.

However, I wasn't thinking only of the Thunder game. There were several games against good teams we were playing well against at, despite abysmal performances by Love. Look, I'm not hating on Love or anything but I don't think there's a reason to hit the panic button, yet (emphasis on YET).

It's good to be optimistic but this roster is depleted. This 18 and 14 Love is still a difference maker. Not having him for the next 6 weeks against a tough schedule is disastrous
criteriado
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by criteriado » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:06 am

Next opp: Blazers tonight, Hawks, Thunder, Hornets, Spurs, Clippers, Mavs, Clippers, Hawks, Nets.

Good luck with that without KLOVE. I smell 2-9.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#37 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:07 am

Jukeness wrote:I dont understand how this can just can continue to happen, it never ends. It's injury after injury after injury, what other team would this ever happen to, why us? It really saddens me.

Portland says hi
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#38 » by southern wolf » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:10 am

Ugh, this will hurt. It's not as simple as "Love was playing like **** anyway". Even when his shot is off, he's still grabbing a hell of a lot of rebounds and taking defensive focus off Pek and others. Now Pek is going to see a lot more double teams in the post. It's going to be even tougher to make the playoffs now, especially with Ricky still struggling with injury as well and AK has always been fragile.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mattya » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:30 am

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
RT @davebenzwolves: Kahn says the @kevinlove injury will make the team more aggressive in trade talks. #twolves
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#40 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:33 am

Mattya wrote:
Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
RT @davebenzwolves: Kahn says the @kevinlove injury will make the team more aggressive in trade talks. #twolves

Barea or Luke for Lee? Rivers was talking on the radio that they need a backup PG.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves