ImageImageImage

Blazer @ Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Re: Blazer @ Wolves 

Post#181 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:50 am

Still hope the Clip show goes to work on the Warriors, that's my last chance of basketball happiness tonight. I'm just satisfied that the Wolves didn't give up when they hit a 22 pt lead.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#182 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:04 am

Cunningham did a great job on Aldridge defensively: 14 pts on 7/20 shooting, zero free throws, and outrebounded him as well.

Pek was a$$raping Hickson until he pulled his groin :lol:

Too bad Batum, Matthews and their bench scrubs decided to set a record in made threes :cry:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Post#183 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:23 am

Adenusi wrote:Enough of this babying BS. Start Rubio, salvage the season.

You mean like we did for Love?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#184 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:28 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Cunningham did a great job on Aldridge defensively: 14 pts on 7/20 shooting, zero free throws, and outrebounded him as well.

Too bad Batum, Matthews and their bench scrubs decided to set a record in made threes :cry:

Cunningham is wildly underrated. I was a big fan of his when he was with Portland. He looks like he's put a lot of work in and seems to look like he's put a lot of weight on his frame from his days as a Blazers. Good glue guy you got there in Dante. He did a really nice job on Aldridge, this was probably his worst game on the whole road trip, but LA was clutch when it mattered.

..... a$$raping..... classy. Anyhow, yeah, Pek was dominate and pretty much manhandled the Blazers frontline. I would expect Pek to dominate Hickson though, he's got about 4 inches and 70lbs on him. No shock there.

Batum is doing what he's been doing all year. He's Mr. 3rd Quarter. Stotts offense relies a lot on the 3pt shot, so when they're hot, they can get hot quick. It was just one of those nights for Portland.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#185 » by karch34 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:38 am

Basti wrote:
[RCG] wrote:How did Derrick do tonight - the box score was very encouraging.

Still had a few stinkers but overall it was encouraging. I wouldn't bet on him to reproduce this kind of performance consistently, though.

Of course not. He was playing where he wasn't scared of being benched for any kind of turnover or mistake. Those seem to be his best games. I honestly think RA is killing this kid psychologically. Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#186 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:41 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Cunningham did a great job on Aldridge defensively: 14 pts on 7/20 shooting, zero free throws, and outrebounded him as well.

Cunningham is wildly underrated. I was a big fan of his when he was with Portland. He looks like he's put a lot of work in and seems to look like he's put a lot of weight on his frame from his days as a Blazers. Good glue guy you got there in Dante. He did a really nice job on Aldridge, this was probably his worst game on the whole road trip, but LA was clutch when it mattered.

..... a$$raping..... classy. Anyhow, yeah, Pek was dominate and pretty much manhandled the Blazers frontline. I would expect Pek to dominate Hickson though, he's got about 4 inches and 70lbs on him. No shock there.

Batum is doing what he's been doing all year. He's Mr. 3rd Quarter. Stotts offense relies a lot on the 3pt shot, so when they're hot, they can get hot quick. It was just one of those nights for Portland.

If you were offered before the game to go 12 out of 24 from three, you most likely would take it. And you would have lost this game...
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#187 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:43 am

karch34 wrote:
Basti wrote:
[RCG] wrote:How did Derrick do tonight - the box score was very encouraging.

Still had a few stinkers but overall it was encouraging. I wouldn't bet on him to reproduce this kind of performance consistently, though.

Of course not. He was playing where he wasn't scared of being benched for any kind of turnover or mistake. Those seem to be his best games. I honestly think RA is killing this kid psychologically. Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.

That's mindboggling and irritating.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:45 am

karch34 wrote: Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.

Lee HAD to play because we had no one else at SG. At SF/PF along with Williams, we also have Kirilenko and Cunningham who have both outplayed him early this year.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

theGreatRC
RealGM

Post#189 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:48 am

Klomp wrote:
karch34 wrote: Lee who wasnt nearly as talented was given reign to play through a myriad of mistakes. Don't see DWill getting anything close to that kind of treatment.

Lee HAD to play because we had no one else at SG. At SF/PF along with Williams, we also have Kirilenko and Cunningham who have both outplayed him early this year.

Exactly what I was going to say.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#190 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:52 am

Klomp wrote:

Minutes could be found. Dante could steal some minutes from AK at SF, Steamer could be glued to the bench when Love was back, and Love could play a few minutes less especially in the games he sucked @ss.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#191 » by AQuintus » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:43 am

Basti wrote:Edit: although I guess the 2nd number is a typo on your behalf it sure feels like he actually has that kind of three point % against us.

Not a typo. Just exaggerating for effect. I have no idea what Matthews real 3pt% against the Wolves is, but I'm willing to bet it's something stupidly high.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#192 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:23 am

it was a nice run, but there's just wasn't enough firepower out there to finish the comeback. I still feel good about the core of the team though, just bad luck w/ injuries. I still think Love/Pek/Rubio/Shved/AK/JJ/Dante and Budinger is a team thats worth sticking with until they get healthy and see if they can do some damage and I hope they don't make any big trades yet
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#193 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:40 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Minutes could be found. Dante could steal some minutes from AK at SF, Steamer could be glued to the bench when Love was back, and Love could play a few minutes less especially in the games he sucked @ss.

If you're having to search to find minutes for a guy, then he's really not that good. If he was that good, he'd earn more time by outplaying the other guys.

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#194 » by Tirion » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:49 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:it was a nice run, but there's just wasn't enough firepower out there to finish the comeback. I still feel good about the core of the team though, just bad luck w/ injuries. I still think Love/Pek/Rubio/Shved/AK/JJ/Dante and Budinger is a team thats worth sticking with until they get healthy and see if they can do some damage and I hope they don't make any big trades yet

Not this season I'm afraid. The West is deep. Love is out at least a month. AK is going to miss time at some point. Rubio is not Adrian Petersen.

And after that? The Love contract loses a year. AK has a player option. Budinger is an URFA. Pekovic needs to get paid.

There is a significant chance we will never see what this core is fully capable of.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#195 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:24 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:it was a nice run, but there's just wasn't enough firepower out there to finish the comeback. I still feel good about the core of the team though, just bad luck w/ injuries. I still think Love/Pek/Rubio/Shved/AK/JJ/Dante and Budinger is a team thats worth sticking with until they get healthy and see if they can do some damage and I hope they don't make any big trades yet

i agree completely...i'm honestly not sure if we can make the playoffs this year with all this bs going on but i want to see how we can finish the season and start next season. if we're not looking like a contender by the all star break next year then love needs to be traded for the best return possible, i'm 90% sure he will opt to leave in any circumstance.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#196 » by southern wolf » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:32 pm

They fought it out well, all things considered.

Any word on the health of Pek and Rubio? The way we're going I'll assume Pek has a broken back and Rubio has popped both his knees out.
NewWolves
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#197 » by NewWolves » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:20 pm

Once again, to much overreacting. We would have won this game if its not for the Blazers crazy/improbable 3 point shooting las night. Portland is a good team and we almost steal the game with half of our roster. Dont discard the playoffs yet, long season still ahead.
theGreatRC
RealGM

Post#198 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:27 pm

Now I remember why I don't go over to the Blazers forum..

A couple of them bring up points that some posters made about the Blazers and generalize us as a fan base.

I wish our team was healthy, they made a franchise-tying record in 3s and almost lost to us without 3 of our best players in the game.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#199 » by Narf » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:37 pm

They seem to be a mix of very solid and homertastically annoying fans on the Portland board. I wouldn't paint them all with one crayon, it's like another forum blaming all of you for Klomp and me.
:D
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#200 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:56 pm

Tirion wrote:

Not this season I'm afraid. The West is deep. Love is out at least a month. AK is going to miss time at some point. Rubio is not Adrian Petersen.

And after that? The Love contract loses a year. AK has a player option. Budinger is an URFA. Pekovic needs to get paid.

There is a significant chance we will never see what this core is fully capable of.

My plan is to see them make a smaller move to improve the bench, hang around .500 until after the all star break, make a run, get a 7th or 8th seed and face Okc who we matchup against, San Antonio who we handled last year...not that we win the series, but we can build on something and come back next year older and better. Seems worth it to stick with these guys to me. The frontcourt is fine, we just need Rubio to improve his conditioning, bring in a shooter via trade, and let Shved continue to develop.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves