ImageImageImageImageImage

Jordan Crawford

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Re: Jordan Crawford 

Post#521 » by Nivek » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah, no question that Crawford has been better. My stat -- which also does not overvalue scoring -- has him right at league average. Which is significant progress from where he was last year. Biggest issue with Crawford continues to be terrible shot selection. He works harder to get bad shots than any player I've ever seen. Next issue is consistency. In my last 3 stat updates, he's gone from an average rating to well below average back to average.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#522 » by nate33 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:17 pm

hands11 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
hands11 wrote:But for the record.

He is playing as well at the starting SG of the LAC who are in 2nd place and the starting SG of the NYN who are in 5th play.

Opinions aside. Those are the facts.

If those are two of the top 5 team in the league, then he clearly could be starting in this league.

So the fact that we have him as a back up SG who can play PG when needed is a really nice thing to have. Specially at 1M a year.

Fact: Garrett Temple is statistically playing about as well as the starting PG for the 2012 World Champion Miami Heat.
Fact: Bradley Beal is statistically outplaying the starting SG on the 2011 World Champion Dallas Mavericks
Fact: Martell Webster is statistically outplaying the starting SF on the 2007 World Champion San Antonio Spurs
Fact: Nene is statistically outplaying the starting PF on the 2006 World Champion Miami Heat
Fact: Okafor is statistically outplaying the starting C on the 2008 World Champion Boston Celtics.

Opinions aside. These are facts. Clearly, the Wizards should be winning championships with this lineup.

That is completely different from what I was saying.

Are you suggesting that you don't compare Crawford and other players against current peers when evaluating their worth or starter potential in the league. Because that is all I did. What you did was totally different.

Taking multiple players and comparing them against players in past years then putting that information together to say they should be the best in the league ? Yeah. ok. And you infer this is using the same logic as saying one play given his stats against his peer group shows he could start for one of the many teams in the league including some of the better ones ? Not even remotely the same thing.

It is not completely different. You cherry-picked two of the worst starting SG's in the league, both of whom aren't even among the top 5 players on their current team, and suggested that because Crawford is playing comparably to them, that he's a legit starter on a top team. I'm merely pointing out that it's pretty easy to cherry pick "facts" in that fashion to support any point. It doesn't make Crawford a starting caliber player. It just means that a few other team start players who shouldn't be starting. (Also, we need to remember that J.R. Smith, in particular is a much better defender than Crawford. And Willie Green gets far less minutes than the Clippers' backup SG, Jamal Crawford.)
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,903

Post#523 » by DCZards » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:17 pm

Crawford has indeed played better this year. No doubt about it. He still takes too many bad shots but I blame some of that on the fact that oftentimes Jordan is the ONLY player on the floor capable of scoring. (There are times I prefer a forced shot from JC than a wide open shot by the Zards stable of lousy shooters.)

Put a better team around Crawford and I believe you'll see fewer forced/bad shots. There's a role for Crawford as a valuable sixth man on the Zards...or some other NBA team.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#524 » by hands11 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:48 pm

Nate

Read what you just wrote.

You made exactly my point.

He is good enough to start in the league.

And you ignore that the list you posted before is totally different then comparing one player to his current peer on other existing teams.

You really think what you did was the same as what I did when what I did is the same thing you and others do here all the time ? Really ?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#525 » by nate33 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:02 pm

Whatever hands11

Fine. Crawford could conceivably start on a winning team provided that this hypothetical team had all-star caliber players at 3 or 4 other ,positions plus one or two bench players who happened to be better than Crawford.

If that's the criteria by which you would label Crawford a starting caliber player, then you are right.

Are you happy?
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#526 » by Induveca » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:22 am

nate33 wrote:Whatever hands11

Fine. Crawford could conceivably start on a winning team provided that this hypothetical team had all-star caliber players at 3 or 4 other ,positions plus one or two bench players who happened to be better than Crawford.

If that's the criteria by which you would label Crawford a starting caliber player, then you are right.

Are you happy?

hands11 wrote:I said, This (Vesely) is our franchise player. This kid will be the heart of the team by next year

Don't bother.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#527 » by montestewart » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:57 am

hands11 wrote:You really think what you did
was the same as what I did
when what I did is the same thing
you and others do here all the time ?

That is some lightening slam poetry. Powerful stuff!
hands11
Banned User

Post#528 » by hands11 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:23 am

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:You really think what you did
was the same as what I did
when what I did is the same thing
you and others do here all the time ?

That is some lightening slam poetry. Powerful stuff!

:lol:

Just needed some proper formatting. Thanks
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#529 » by TGW » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:35 am

Trade him now.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#530 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:19 am

TGW wrote:Trade him now.

Yup time to package him up for another asset. He doesn't play winning basketball.
hands11
Banned User

Post#531 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... road-trip/

“It hurt the first moment and I haven’t been 100 percent since that game,” Crawford said about the Wizards’ 89-86 loss to Boston on Nov. 3.

Crawford played the next 25 games, establishing himself as the Wizards’ leading scorer despite an ever-changing role as backup shooting guard, to starting shooting guard, to backup, to starting point guard, to backup shooting guard once again. Until rookie Bradley Beal started to hit his stride this month, Crawford was the only Wizard who was a threat to consistently score 20 points.

But the pain in his ankle never went away, until Crawford decided that it was time to take a break, leading him to sit out against Chicago. He played four more games but the problem — which was recently diagnosed as a bone bruise — eventually forced him to take an extended break.

===

He has been a warrior for this team playing through injuries because the team needed him. Beal wasn't doing what he is now and there was no Wall or even Price. And he still produced.

Now that Beal is shooting better from 3, adding Crawford back should be fun to watch and it will give the Wizards a lot more flexibility. I can even see Randy using Wall, Crawford with Beal in stretches or even putting Crawford at PG some. Price has been doing better, but he doesn't drive like Crawford does.

But even if he is just used as a back up SG, that is going to help.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#532 » by AFM » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 am

Honestly we could have used Crawford on that last possession. Best ISO player on this team
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#533 » by jivelikenice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 am

He's the best iso player, but doesn't mean he's a good iso player. I think Wall could be the best iso player if we simply had a stretch 4. If we spread the floor with Beal, Webster, and a stretch and let Wall and Nene run hgih pick & roll, He'd be able to get to the hoop or create a wide open jumper for a teammate.

Crawford's a chemistry killer. He's been better this year but he's proven that he needs heavy minutes and touches to be effective. I'm concerns about the negative impact that would have on Beal's development and Wall's aggressiveness.
hands11
Banned User

Post#534 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 am

jivelikenice wrote:He's the best iso player, but doesn't mean he's a good iso player. I think Wall could be the best iso player if we simply had a stretch 4. If we spread the floor with Beal, Webster, and a stretch and let Wall and Nene run hgih pick & roll, He'd be able to get to the hoop or create a wide open jumper for a teammate.

Crawford's a chemistry killer. He's been better this year but he's proven that he needs heavy minutes and touches to be effective. I'm concerns about the negative impact that would have on Beal's development and Wall's aggressiveness.

Not sure where you get this.

But yeah, a stretch 4 would be nice. They should at a min bring back Cook to a 10 day contract.

Should be interesting to see how they use Crawford and if he is effective in his role. As you mentioned, he does seem to be a rhythm player that needs to have the ball is his hands and I think he plays better with more minutes where he can play PG first to a get a feel for the game before he starts looking for his shoot more down the stretch. That is why I have said for a while that he is more like a PG then a SG.

I think Wall is the better driver and passer between the two but Crawford is the better shooter. Wall is a pure passing PG. Crawford is a PG/SG. And he is currently the leader scorer on the team.

I do have concerns as to how he will fit. Not because of Wall but instead because of how Randy will use him given they have Price. We will see. Beal has been getting pretty tired playing 40 minutes. My guess is that Randy rolls that back to 32-34 minutes. That leaves Crawford 14-16 minutes. Just not sure if that is enough minutes for him. Specially if all those minutes are at SG. Now if he was getting Walls back up minutes as well he would be at 28 to 32 and he would be able to play his game of PG and SG.

Funny. The team went from not having enough player just a week or two ago to know having to figure out how to spread the minutes. I guess its a quality problem to have.
hands11
Banned User

Post#535 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 am

OH MY THE MAN HAS SOME

BIG BALLS

And can I just add. Very Gilbert like clutch shot.

Perfect set up and then launched from 3-4 feet behind the 3 line.
AFM
General Manager

Post#536 » by AFM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:12 am

AFM wrote:Honestly we could have used Crawford on that last possession. Best ISO player on this team

:)
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#537 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 am

Big balls Crawford is back! Hope this boasts his confidence vs the Jazz. We need to win that game and close out the road trip 3-2
AFM
General Manager

Post#538 » by AFM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sdFRHNkV6k[/youtube]

silence the crowd baby
AFM
General Manager

Post#539 » by AFM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 am

from WizzNuttz

hands11
Banned User

Post#540 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

http://www.nba.com/wizards/video/2013/0 ... p4-2361592

Living The Dream

First buzzer beater in his career. Good stuff.

Return to Washington Wizards