ImageImageImage

The Shved Thread!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Re: The Shved Thread! 

Post#141 » by Varejao17 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:00 pm

Even though I like Shved very much and think he's, with Pekovic and Kirilenko, our 3 best players of the season right now, you guys are going too far saying that he's better than Rubio IMO... He's a very good passer but not near Rubio's level, ahd the scoring Alexey have is not that hard to find... Not taking anything away from him, but Rubio is Rubio...
props to C.lupus
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#142 » by LordBaldric » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:10 pm

Rubio's TS% Last year was .476, worse than Wes Johnson's. FACT
Shved is at .514, nothing to write home about, but worlds better than Rubio. FACT
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#143 » by Esohny » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:13 pm

LordBaldric wrote:Rubio's TS% Last year was .476, worse than Wes Johnson's. FACT
Shved is at .514, nothing to write home about, but worlds better than Rubio. FACT

Sweet potato fries are **** amazing. FACT.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#144 » by LordBaldric » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:15 pm

Esohny wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:Rubio's TS% Last year was .476, worse than Wes Johnson's. FACT

Sweet potatoes are for knuckle draggers.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#145 » by Esohny » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:33 pm

LordBaldric wrote:
Esohny wrote:

Sweet potatoes are for knuckle draggers.

FACT?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#146 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:57 pm

yes rubio can't shoot, but remember all those games when Ridnour was in and we'd be down 12 and Rubio would come in and we'd go on a run to erase the deficit - it was like clockwork. His ability to run a team is almost irreplaceable. (fact)
zubinho
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#147 » by zubinho » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:04 pm

Ok, seriously now - I think Shved is great passer. He has that I.Q. and ability to find open teammates on the floor. I really like his ability to pass of the dribble. When it comes to shooting I think he is average.

Now what I don't like is his energy and movement while playing defense! He seems so sleepy and not willing to do anything. I always have some strange feeling when Minnesota is defending that his guy will be the one that will score. And another thing is his way of defending pick and roll or any screen - always but always he loses his man by hiting the screen. I don't know why but he seems unable to fight/avoid that screens and keep up the pace with his matchup.

All in all he is fearless shooting guard who can spread the floor, draw few fouls and get things going on offensive end of the court by dishing assists. When it comes to defense he will have to step up and work hard because he is smart and he can make right decisions. All he needs to do is work hard. That's not easy but it pays off!

Cheers twolves!
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#148 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:05 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:yes rubio can't shoot, but remember all those games when Ridnour was in and we'd be down 12 and Rubio would come in and we'd go on a run to erase the deficit - it was like clockwork. His ability to run a team is almost irreplaceable. (fact)

Ridnour can't run a team and can't stop nobody so there's no camparison between him and Rubio. Shved can run a team, he's also a better defender so there can be a comparison between him and Rubio.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#149 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:07 pm

Shved is a better defender? you are out of line!
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#150 » by [RCG] » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:11 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Shved is a better defender? you are out of line!

Agreed.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#151 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:21 pm

on defense Shved>>>>Luke. FACT.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,580

Post#152 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:26 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:

on defense Shved>>>>Luke. FACT.

The wording made it look like you thought Shved > Rubio on defense
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
zubinho
Freshman

Post#153 » by zubinho » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:16 pm

Shved vs Hawks
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86_eCz7TCTk[/youtube]
zubinho
Freshman

Post#154 » by zubinho » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 am

Shved vs Thunder
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKf93I4yuIQ[/youtube]
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#155 » by Murphs56 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 am

Shved is very confused when he's in the air trying to make decisions. It usually always leads to a turnover
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#156 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 am

Murphs56 wrote:Shved is very confused when he's in the air trying to make decisions. It usually always leads to a turnover

Who's doing knuckle pushups in your avatar?
lothy
Junior
And1: 19

Post#157 » by lothy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:Shved is very confused when he's in the air trying to make decisions. It usually always leads to a turnover

Who's doing knuckle pushups in your avatar?

Actually he's doing elbow pushups :lol:
zubinho
Freshman

Post#158 » by zubinho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Shved vs New Orleans Hornets
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_EboMGdqmg[/youtube]
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,977

Post#159 » by shrink » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:01 pm

I found this post pretty interesting from a Russian visitor to rube chat

FromRussiaWithLove wrote:Here is link for original article: http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/tran ... 09439.html

You can try to read it through translator but I'm afraid it will be hard to understand, online translators are not really good for russian language.

I won't translate it full but I'll post here most interesting conclusions and numbers.

Author made some serious analytic work and his main point that Rubio and Shved don't have good connection at the moment when they are both on the court and he is not sure that it will become better soon. Rubio doesn't consider Shved as the one of priority addresses to assist in attack and he prefers to give ball to other guys. When Rubio is on the court he always runs the attack ball so if he doesn't pass to Shved - then Shved doesn't have really good chances to attack the basket. In this article there are some examples (screenshots) when Rubio prefers to pass the ball to other guys even when Shved is obviously the best possible option (wide open).

Author proves this thesis with a stat. Rubio and Shved played 68 minutes together and Rubio assisted only twice (2!) on Shved's scores. 1 assist in 34 minutes of playing time.

For comparison, Rubio has 7 assists on Barea's scores while they played together almost same time (76 minutes) and Barea averages a little less ppg then Shved.

Rubio as a PG doesn't use Shved as a scoring threat.

And we all know Rubio prefers to handle the ball when possible untill he finds good option for an assists (pass on score chance) so Shved doesn't have really much opportunity to make assists while they are playing together.

That means as it goes now it's almost useless to play Shved and Rubio in the same time.

As a project "Shrubio" looks exciting but as it goes now it's waste of Shved to playing him with Rubio. :(

I hope it will change because their pairing may be really extremely dangerous and very entertaining but looks like some tactics should be changed to let this happen.

Another sick stat from that article - Rubio has only 2 assists on Pek in 79 minutes (!). One assist in almost 40 minutes on your center who is very good under the rim. Wow. I was very surprised to see that. Rubio should use him more. For comparison Rubio has 11 assists on Williams in 83 minutes or 4 assists in 55 mins on Steamer (!).

Here are assists rates for Rubio:

Williams - 11 assistss on 83 mins (1 assist in 7.55 mins)
Barea - 7 assists on 76 mins (1 assist in 10,86 mins)
Ridnour - 3 assists on 27 mins (1 assist in 9 mins)
Steamer - 4 assists on 55 mins (1 assist in 13,75 mins)
Love - 2 assists on 29 mins (1 assist in 14,5 mins)
Dante - 4 assists on 77 mins (1 assists in 19,25 mins)
AK - 2 assists in 49 mins (1 assist in 24,5 mins)
Shved - 2 assists in 68 mins (1 assist in 34 mins)
Pek - 2 assists in 79 mins (1 assist in 39,5 mins)

Here are assist rates for Shved:
(he has much more assists and more players so I'll just post per minute for him)

AK (suprise surprise :)) - 1 assist in 13,32 mins
Bud - 1 assist in 16,40 mins
Pek - 1 assist in 17,17 mins
Williams - 1 assist in 21,80 mins
Dante - 1 assist in 24,33 mins
Lee - 1 assist in 26,33 mins
Ridnour - 1 assist in 27,61 mins
Howard - 1 assist in 30,5 mins
Love - 1 assist in 32,45 mins
Steamer - 1 assist in 46,20 mins
Barea - 1 assist in 55,14 mins
Amudson - 1 assist in 102 mins.

----

That was very interesting stats and read for me. I hope you liked that too.
A lot of things to think about...
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Gideon
Pro Prospect
And1: 178

Post#160 » by Gideon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

I don't really know the specifics of how margin of error and sample-size requirements work... but I think that's just way too small a sample size with Rubio/Shved (or Rubio/Pek) to conclude anything from.

Don't get me wrong... it's still interesting to read, and I appreciate you posting it. However, I think we can't really tell anything yet.

I also have a hard time imagining Rubio basically freezing out Shved (or Pek). Every PG has favorite players to set-up, but Rubio doesn't seem like he would be deliberately screw people over by refusing to pass to them. Deron Williams used to do that with AK (and a couple of other players) on Utah -- basically he would just never feed AK and always look for certain players no matter what, which was really frustrating... Williams had the sort of attitude where that fit, though. Rubio seems like a really nice guy who gets along with everybody... I bet the stats will even out.

Come on, Ricky... let's get a bunch of assists to Shved and Pek tonight!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves