Redick Rumor

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: Redick Rumor 

Post#41 » by Skin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:02 pm

shrink wrote:
Skin wrote:Redick for Minnesota 2013 2nd round pick and 2014 1st round pick?

Our pick situation is confusing, but basically, if neither MIN nor MEM make the play-offs, we'll still owe PHX a pick next year. If we traded a future pick, there would have to be a clause in there that if the PHX obligation wasn't paid off, it would have to be two years after PHX. We could trade the rights to the 2013 pick (trading the 2012 doesn't matter) with those same conditions.

As for value, I would not trade an unprotected 1st for expiring JJ Redick. Best I would do is Top 12 protected. Last year, we gave a #16 for Buddinger for one year and his rights, and while JJ is better, Buddinger was sitting on a $885,120 contract that helped us meet some very stringent needs for cap space. Redick is sitting on $6.2, and we don't know how much we would need to match offers next year.

If neither MIN or MEM make the playoffs, then you will put off on giving PHX a pick in 2013. Since both picks are lottery proected, you would keep your pick and MEM would keep theirs. Actually, there is a slim chance that you would miss the playoffs and still have to give your pick to PHX. That's if you finish 9th seed and just barely miss it and you ended up with the 14th pick after the lottery concluded. Since your pick to PHX is only Top 13 protected. MEM's pick is Top 14 protected, so if they miss the playoffs, their pick is definitely theirs to keep.

Realistically though, there is no way I see MEM missing the playoffs. They are just too good this year. They will end up giving you thier pick and if it's lower than yours this year (likely) and you will end up giving it to PHX. Debt paid and you'll end up keeping your own 1st rounder in 2013. I see you guys making the playoffs btw. IF you don't, Love will be upset and could cause more tension. I think you guys are in win now mode.

Your 2014 1st rounder should 99.9% chance be your own. What I did notice though is that you guys don't own your 2013 2nd rounder. You owe it to Portland. But you will receive a 2nd rounder from OKC and Brooklyn in 2013.

I still would trade Redick for your 2014 1st rounder (Top 10 protection) and the Brooklyn 2013 2nd rounder. Plus, we'd take on a bad contract like Roy or Ridnour...and Cunningham or Steisma to make salaries work. Thoughts?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#42 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 4, 2013 1:59 am

Sources say the Wolves are big fans of Orlando's J.J. Redick.

An unrestricted free agent this summer, the indication is he's going somewhere. The Wolves are the worst 3-point shooting team in the NBA, so Redick is an obvious fit.

It'd take forward Derrick Williams, plus a future first-round pick just to get into the discussion. There will be plenty of teams after Redick.

The best bet is that Kahn does something, but it may not be until the week, or even the day of the deadline.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_ ... ades010313
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#43 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:38 am

I can't see us trading Williams and a first for Redick. We need to stop throwing away 1sts. We are going to need them eventually.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#44 » by [RCG] » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:48 am

I'd rather do a simple swap of:

MN: Morrow
CLE: Ridnour
ATL: Miami 1st

Morrow gives us a SG excellent from long-range. As a bonus we clear Ridnour's salary for next year.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#45 » by the_bruce » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:26 am

There is no way JJ reddick is worth any sort of first. At best he's a productive expiring rental for 1/2 a season. If a team does give a first it's a partial salary dump where orl eats a year of salary. I can't think of an instance where a player that expires was traded for a first and a salary dump wasn't part of the trade
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#46 » by The J Rocka » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:37 am

I guess we shall wait until FA then. Hope the Magic get scraps for him after their unrealistic demand. This is the same team that gift wrapped their franchise center to a historic franchise for pennies on the dollar and want to hustle us now? D'ohkay
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#47 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:52 am

Yeah...I wouldn't even trade D-will for Redick. Let alone adding that first(just to be in the discussion? lol).

D-will has played solid the last month or so, no reason to trade him for pennies.
Morrow would be fine, he's not playing much in ATL so we could probably get him on the cheap.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#48 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:23 am

No way I would trade D-Will for Redick, D-Weezy has been showing growth so far with his sporadic minutes.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#49 » by [RCG] » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:36 am

Go big or go home!

Love for Afflalo, Redick, Harkless, GS '13 1st.

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Redick/Shved
Afflalo/Kirilenko/Harkless
Kirilenko/Williams/Cunningham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

G'bye Love!
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#50 » by AQuintus » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:43 am

[RCG] wrote:Go big or go home!

Love for Afflalo, Redick, Harkless, GS '13 1st.

Rubio/Ridnour/Barea
Redick/Shved
Afflalo/Kirilenko/Harkless
Kirilenko/Williams/Cunningham
Pekovic/Stiemsma

G'bye Love!

You're missing like 6 or 7 more unprotected picks coming back Minnesota's way.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#51 » by [RCG] » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:53 am

AQuintus wrote:You're missing like 6 or 7 more unprotected picks coming back Minnesota's way.

Its that close? Yes :lol:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves