ImageImage

Royce White around the USA in 160 days

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Re: Royce White around the USA in 160 days 

Post#101 » by Starks1994 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:04 pm

How good is Royce? Is it really worth the energy the Rockets will have to expel in order to just get him on the floor.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#102 » by Zubby » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:38 pm

Starks1994 wrote:How good is Royce? Is it really worth the energy the Rockets will have to expel in order to just get him on the floor.

Well not a burden on the players or coaching staff, just on the GM.

I didn't like the draft pick, then he grew on me. I got disappointed, followed by anger... now I just feel sorry him.
I don't think he is going to make it. Just saw that grantland video last night.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#103 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:04 pm

In summer league play in Iowa Royce looked like the 2nd or 3rd best prospect on the floor behind Will Clyburn and Rayvonte Rice. And I know I know Royce is a very special player with a "unique skillset. But Clyburn fits the wing position in the pros and actually has a position. At best he could go in the 2nd round this year. Rice is in a transfer year right now but he is 6'4 250... and has serious hops/handles.

Royce was turning the ball over constantly against smaller slower kids from small colleges because he was trying to be the point guard. Despite how it looked Fred Hoiberg really reigned him in from how he'd like to have played.

And Royce just can't shoot the ball. His jumper is broke. So is it worth all this for a guy who is probably really out of shape right now?

Has anyone not watched Dr House? You can have a disability and still be a tool. He's suspended so he's at least not collecting a check. That will have to be good enough for the organization... for now.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#104 » by cavsfan_osiris » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:25 pm

Is it confirmed that Royce White is suspended without pay? thanks
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#105 » by moofs » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:14 am

*sigh*
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
GrapeApe
Pro Prospect
And1: 14

Post#106 » by GrapeApe » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:39 pm

TMU wrote:
Mr. E wrote:http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/01/rockets-suspend-royce-white-one-week-after-he-refused-d-league-assignment/

Feignen discusses the White Saga. This note I found particularly interesting:

The impasse, however, is more complicated than that. According to a person with knowledge of the talks between White and the Rockets, White has refused to play or practice until the Rockets agree in writing to an addendum to his contract that he has written. That kind of addition to an NBA player contract would conflict with the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement with the players’ association.

Though White has not publicly specified the conditions he would need to practice or play, he has indicated through his tweets that he wants players to be able to choose the doctors who would then be given the authority to determine players’ work environment and expectations. If the Rockets agreed to that in writing, it would violate the conditions of the CBA.

If this is true then this goes well past a spat between player & team. If the White camp is making demands that would directly violate the CBA agreed upon by the NBA and NBAPA we are discussing much bigger issues. If this is what is actually happening then there is no doubt that the NBA is involved with this problem at this point.

Look at the wording of the suspension - you don't see the usual "conduct detrimental to the team" line. There could be a possibility that this could be a League suspension, not a Rockets suspension. If that is the case then there exists rules that would allow the Rockets to remove some of White's salary hit against their cap.

If what Feigen says is true, then I would like to know who's part of this "White Camp". They must have found a loophole in what's supposedly part of the CBA. Better not be a group of idiots who's blindly going after its demands.

I'm looking forward to see how the rest of this plays out.

Could the Rockets hire Royce's doctor to be one of the team doctors?
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#107 » by moofs » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:12 am

Royce's doctor that he wants to put in charge of things is his FAMILY PRACTICE DOCTOR.

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/1/8/3 ... on-rockets
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#108 » by jwise44 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:56 am

moofs wrote:Royce's doctor that he wants to put in charge of things is his FAMILY PRACTICE DOCTOR.

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/1/8/3 ... on-rockets

thanks for posting that. dude is extremely well spoken i read the whole thing. i didn't see where he said that he wanted the family practice doctor to be his primary doctor for the rockets. i just read it like he talked to her before the season began, and she told him he needs to get his protocol in place before the season started. just some advice from a family doctor.

if that ACTUALLY is one of his sticking points he is an idiot. All this talk about medical professionals being in charge and making his/teams decisions, and he wants a family practice doctor to be his mental health professional over actual well trained mental health professionals

but again i didn't see where he said that was what he was angling for

that being said he is still an extreme douchebag for his twitter rants and calling out the team on twitter. in the interview i noticed he actually mentions the nba was giving US problems about some of the things he wanted, and he still called us out on twitter. looks like we bent over backwards to accommodate him, even agreeing to pay for his bus travel.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#109 » by rocketsballin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 am

Jan 22 royce is gonna be on espn outside the lines (btw colleen is smokin hot in this)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=884720 ... id=2378529

to summarize, his problem is the rockets only look at him from a business standpoint
not mad at the dleague demotion, mad at the reason behind it
thinks rockets should learn more about his condition
wouldn't be shocked if they traded him
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#110 » by Mr. E » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:27 pm

If anyone still cares about this guy he apparently went off on a Twitter tirade against the Rockets and Jonathan Feignen because Feignen copied the text from a letter they got from the upcoming Royce White interview.

I think that the dude is losing it.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#111 » by TMU » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

rocketsballin wrote:Jan 22 royce is gonna be on espn outside the lines (btw colleen is smokin hot in this)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=884720 ... id=2378529

to summarize, his problem is the rockets only look at him from a business standpoint
not mad at the dleague demotion, mad at the reason behind it
thinks rockets should learn more about his condition
wouldn't be shocked if they traded him

Such an outspoken guy, yet the interview itself was absolutely ridiculous. Based on that interview it's no longer about the Rockets making adjustments to his demands. It goes beyond that and it's become an ego issue such that "for me, my mental health is more important than this organization, and it should be for your as well" type of thing. He wants to the Rockets to admit that they were at wrong and that they want to "learn" more about his condition. That seems like its his primary intention and the focal conflict rather than trying to find a way to negotiate his demands and somewhat understand where the team comes from.

This has gotten way out of control. I have come to the conclusion that with his self-absorbed, narcissistic attitude, this guy doesn't deserve to be in the NBA.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#112 » by jwise44 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Mr. E wrote:If anyone still cares about this guy he apparently went off on a Twitter tirade against the Rockets and Jonathan Feignen because Feignen copied the text from a letter they got from the upcoming Royce White interview.

don't have twitter please post a few of those tweets he sent
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#113 » by zapatasblood » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Royce White on HBO tonight I think
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#114 » by rocketsballin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 am

none of you numb nuts kept tabs on this sh*t? :angry:
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#115 » by Mr. E » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

jwise44 wrote:
Mr. E wrote:If anyone still cares about this guy he apparently went off on a Twitter tirade against the Rockets and Jonathan Feignen because Feignen copied the text from a letter they got from the upcoming Royce White interview.

Sorry - just saw this. I'll go back later when I'm on my laptop to try to find some stuff.

A friend just told me that Royce was on 97.9 this morning claiming that he expects a resolution to this issue today and that he expects to report to McAllen on February 11th.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#116 » by spolgar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 pm

I didn't watch the ESPN special or the HBO thing. I'm still looking for the full footage.

I found this thus far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Ya_Ycv7p4
zapatasblood
General Manager

Post#117 » by zapatasblood » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Mr. E wrote:
jwise44 wrote:

Sorry - just saw this. I'll go back later when I'm on my laptop to try to find some stuff.

A friend just told me that Royce was on 97.9 this morning claiming that he expects a resolution to this issue today and that he expects to report to McAllen on February 11th.

:pray:
zapatasblood
General Manager

Post#118 » by zapatasblood » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

rocketsballin wrote:none of you numb nuts kept tabs on this sh*t? :angry:

Be back on at 4 :curse:
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#119 » by Guy986 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Rooting for him. Always good to see someone heading the right path.

Still last on the Rockets depth chart for PF though. His game just doesn't fit Harden/Lin backcourt and what we're trying to do as a team.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#120 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 am

he's still alive?

Return to Houston Rockets