LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Re: Kobe & Dwight nearly fought? 

Post#22 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:41 pm

DavidStern wrote:
Phil XI wrote:
LaLa wrote:Anyone see the picture from Kobe's twitter? On mobile right now so I can't post it but it hilarious.

It's from Hollywood - everything there is fake, so is their smiles on this photo.

oh ok...
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#23 » by Run-MKE 311 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:21 pm

I believe that there may have been some form of an incident, but nothing to this degree, probably just some kind of heated verbal spat.

We all know that Kobe has a way of testing guys to toughen them up, clearly it is not working with this group. Something is going on behind the scenes, perhaps it is between Kobe & Dwight, who knows.

All Laker fans can do right now is speculate, there are few answers for how everything is coming apart.
Ball so hard.
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#24 » by ennui » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:28 pm

GeneralNash wrote:I don't believe the scuffle is true, but I think some of the verbage is true. If Dwight is soft then Pau Gasol is a little fluffy poodle named Sophie.

Kobe's recent comments to the media shows his lack of leadership. He undermines Howard every time...agreeing with Shaq, talking about the Shaq/Kobe duo, etc. He needs to focus on the Kobe/Dwight duo and try to get that rolling.

Bro, can you go back to the phoenix board? What about your precious steve nash, not one peep out of you regarding his leadership.

Aftee recanting your accusation of kobes lack of leadership you are back at it? And didnt you say you werent watching anYmore games?
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#25 » by Kobe System » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:39 pm

They're still having fun. So much for that Kobe-Dwight feud.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#26 » by Jakay » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:40 pm

The Yahoo! version of this article starts off with "by now every one knows". I definitely had a moment of, "uh... that seems like something I'd have have noticed by now".

That said, Dwight isn't a dominant center right now, because there is no such thing as a dominant center in this league right now. Point blank. DH is about as close as it gets though.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#27 » by EArl » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:09 am

Should be teaching them how to play defense :lol:
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
PandGneverfold
Banned User
And1: 42

Post#28 » by PandGneverfold » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:19 am

We all know this isn't true. Sad that New York media is that desperate and still that butt hurt over Howard coming here.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#29 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:45 am

This was manufactured by a damn NEW YORK paper.......is that too hard to understand ?

MAQ wrote:I'm not here to troll, and I realize that "source" including Kobe have denied that it happened, but why are you guys dismissing that this possibly happened so easily?
The reason it can be easily dismissed is because even if it happened in the locker room it means the media would have had to been in there just about right after the game ended. Most media isn't allowed until 25-30 minutes after a game is over.

MAQ wrote:Does it sound far fetched that Kobe would say "Yeah, Shaq was right (ehh..maybe that part is far fetched)...Dwight is pretty soft"? I can totally see Kobe saying that. And I can totally see Dwight being PISSED that that was said about him.
Kobe barely mentions Shaq, he can't stand the man.

MAQ wrote:As for no one in the local media covering the story yet, local guys sit on stories all the time for teams. They get all kinds of personal access to teams, and if they were to leak a story that the team wouldn't want out, they'll lose a lot of that personal access.
Bull.......it's ways to let the public here know if stuff was going down. Trust me when Shaq and Kobe's feud first started most here on this board can tell you the exact location it started at and the LA media flat out clued us in.

MAQ wrote:I remember KC Johnson sat on the story of VDN and Paxson getting into a fight only to have Woj come and swoop it from him a couple of weeks later.
LA has some slime ball reporters too, trust me if they wanted it to get it they would spit like a b*tch. But at the same time did you even consider why none of the LA media didn't jump this ?

I already know why they didn't,and it didn't have nothing to do with wanting to keep access.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
PandGneverfold
Banned User

Post#30 » by PandGneverfold » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:17 pm

It's funny how the dummies,and I really mean dummies on the general board really want this to be true. There's even fools who claim a guy with five rings doesn't know the recipe for winning.lol. Now you have poor old Sam smith contributing to the ignorance. Wow people are really butt hurt over Howard coming here. Then you have known trolls like no strength and no honor pissing his pants like Percy in the green mile racing to post stuff he knows isn't true. It's comical cause when the guy from yahoo sports was exposing lebron a little while back everyone on the general board called him a liar,but when a laker story is started by a newspaper in New York it's totally believable to the zombie brains on the general board
EiRON
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#31 » by EiRON » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:09 pm

Shake my head
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#32 » by CraZyPraiZ » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:23 pm

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Its been denied by the beat writers, inlcuding Ramona Shelburne who was trying her best to create something from Howard before last game, it was denied by Kobe and by Howard's people (Jarrod Rudolph). I highly doubt some source just gave the scoop to some reporter on the other side of the country (who happens to write for the Nets) while bypassing all these people.

Ok so Dwight's and Kobe's team are denying it. I guess it must not be true then. Yeah right. If it's out there chances are there is some merit to it.
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#33 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:04 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:
SlavaMedvedenko wrote:Its been denied by the beat writers, inlcuding Ramona Shelburne who was trying her best to create something from Howard before last game, it was denied by Kobe and by Howard's people (Jarrod Rudolph). I highly doubt some source just gave the scoop to some reporter on the other side of the country (who happens to write for the Nets) while bypassing all these people.

Ok so Dwight's and Kobe's team are denying it. I guess it must not be true then. Yeah right. If it's out there chances are there is some merit to it.

there is no kobe team as ramona shelburne is employed by espn. as far as jarrod rudolph, jarrod rudolph just spent the better part of 8-12 months telling you and everyone that would listen that dwight is fed up with orlando. hindsight clearly says that rudolph was correct, so if rudolph doesn't mind spilling the beans about things that is supposed to be in house between orlando management and howard do you really think he'd have a problem outing that dwight and kobe were about to have some playground fight in the locker room, especially if it meant he gets publicity and gets to go on radio stations around the country to talk about it just like he did last year regarding a trade? not minding that all of this was started by some brooklyn nets beat writer. who the hell could've told him? how does someone who lives on the other side of the country point out what happened in the la lakers locker room, yet not one la journalist nor dwight's people know anything about it? the same la journalists that have been in jim buss' ass all season and you think they wouldn't be the first to point dysfunction of this magnitude out playing out in the locker room?

could there have been some words exchanged? more than likely giving the season they're having, but that happens in every locker room in professional sports. players argue then settle because at the end of the day they're on the same team working towards a common goal. it just so happens teams don't usually have what happens in their locker room outed by writers on the other side of the country. not to mention dwight doesn't even have the same stand up guy attitude that shaq had, kobe could've said dwight's mama tastes like raisin bran and dwight wouldn't have done a damn thing about it.

but honestly, this stuff isn't going to end until dwight re-signs. people like you are waiting for june to come and for him to walk so you can laugh at the demise of the lakers, much like all of the nba is doing right now. we'll see, but all i've got to say is some feeling are about to be hurt in about 4 months and i have 18 reasons to feel confident in saying that it won't be ours.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter

Post#34 » by CraZyPraiZ » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:26 am

Not really. I could give a crap about the demise of the Lakers. I'm just saying that if it's out there and knowing the history of Dwight, then I m sure there is some merit to it. Let's not forget that Dwight left Orlando claiming that he was not the go to man. Imagine how his super ego feels now that he is the third or fourth option. I am sure that he loathes the fact that Kobe takes 30% of the teams FG attempts. Dwight wants to be the man. It will never happen. Oh and btw he is not resigning with the Lakers. Mental midget needs to be coddled. Hello Marc Cuban.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#35 » by Jetset » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:28 am

i'm guessing you really don't have any ground to stand on except for making your own assumptions, am i right? i at least have the irrefutable facts with me. the picture of kobe and dwight mocking this, la reporters and all reporters in general not from brooklyn flat out denying the story, dwight's people saying it didn't happen. it's all staring you right in the face and it all points to dwight and kobe not being at odds, yet you still decide to ignore it all in favor of your what you think happened. you must live in new york and are the brooklyn nets writer who came up all of this in the first place, you've got to be. it's the only way.

as far as him being the man, dwight howard himself knows he can't be the man right now with a messed up back even if he wanted to. he's made that clear he's not 100% all year. and he even acknowledged that he wasn't going to be the man on this team as long as kobe's here by saying:

"I know who (Bryant) is to this team, what he has been to this team for a long time," Howard continued. "But there's going to come a day where he's going to be gone, and that's when I have to step in and fill that void and take this team to the next level. That's why I'm here. That's why they wanted me here, and I'm going to do my job and my part to make sure this team gets there – and it starts with me.
"Even now, it starts with me. That's why I come in, and I work as hard as I can every day, don't take days off and all that stuff because I want to show these guys that I'm all about winning and I'm all about making sure this team gets to the top. That's all we say. At the top is us. That's where we want to be."

yeah, dwight's leaving.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#36 » by Jetset » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:46 am

wait a minute, i just now saw you say you had him going to the dallas mavericks? one of the franchises in the league who's actually in worse shape than us? the same franchise who is possibly thinking about trading dirk for a rebuild? those mavericks? sounds legit.
PandGneverfold
Banned User

Post#37 » by PandGneverfold » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:39 am

Destro that guy is a lame ignorant troll who wants to gloat a little at our expense. He knows you're posting facts but its easier for trolls to ignore facts and push agenda.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#38 » by Sn0wman » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:26 am

Not even sure what the intention was here... Pointless on like every level.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter

Post#39 » by CraZyPraiZ » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:09 pm

destro wrote:i'm guessing you really don't have any ground to stand on except for making your own assumptions, am i right? i at least have the irrefutable facts with me. the picture of kobe and dwight mocking this, la reporters and all reporters in general not from brooklyn flat out denying the story, dwight's people saying it didn't happen. it's all staring you right in the face and it all points to dwight and kobe not being at odds, yet you still decide to ignore it all in favor of your what you think happened. you must live in new york and are the brooklyn nets writer who came up all of this in the first place, you've got to be. it's the only way.

as far as him being the man, dwight howard himself knows he can't be the man right now with a messed up back even if he wanted to. he's made that clear he's not 100% all year. and he even acknowledged that he wasn't going to be the man on this team as long as kobe's here by saying:

"I know who (Bryant) is to this team, what he has been to this team for a long time," Howard continued. "But there's going to come a day where he's going to be gone, and that's when I have to step in and fill that void and take this team to the next level. That's why I'm here. That's why they wanted me here, and I'm going to do my job and my part to make sure this team gets there – and it starts with me.
"Even now, it starts with me. That's why I come in, and I work as hard as I can every day, don't take days off and all that stuff because I want to show these guys that I'm all about winning and I'm all about making sure this team gets to the top. That's all we say. At the top is us. That's where we want to be."

yeah, dwight's leaving.

Yeah you also have ground to stand on. Just like Dwight will never go to LA to follow in Shaq's footsteps right? Or how about when Dwight and Jameer went at it and that was also denied. Maybe Dwight denying he wanted SVG fired and then having to eat crow when SVG told everyone that he had heard that straight from the top. Believe the media if you want. Just enjoy D12 because he did not come here to be 3rd fiddle and he definitely does not and did not want to go to LA. It just worked out that way. He can't handle the pressure. He'll be in Dallas next year as you'll probably both be rebuilding. Also why is it when anyone disagrees you call them a troll? I don't believe I'm trolling. You guys are funny. Anyway good luck the rest of the season.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/01/07/13/H ... eedID=7972
PandGneverfold
Banned User

Post#40 » by PandGneverfold » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 am

Take your lame trolling elsewhere. Destro already destroyed you with facts.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers