ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

blazinskillz
Junior
And1: 20

Re: Bradley Beal 

Post#881 » by blazinskillz » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:54 pm

I told folks they have to be patient. Bradley Beal's Prime will be a 23pts, 4.5 rbs and 3.5 ast on 56% TS Before his 25th Bday. Him and Wall will make a great backcourt. Beal is very unselfish and can do a lot when his shot isn't falling. His defense and his passing ability(while not even being a primary ball handler) is great. Once he works on more iso moves and release the ball quicker he will be a beast
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#882 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:05 pm

blazinskillz wrote:I told folks they have to be patient. Bradley Beal's Prime will be a 23pts, 4.5 rbs and 3.5 ast on 56% TS Before his 25th Bday. Him and Wall will make a great backcourt. Beal is very unselfish and can do a lot when his shot isn't falling. His defense and his passing ability(while not even being a primary ball handler) is great. Once he works on more iso moves and release the ball quicker he will be a beast

I think in Beal's prime he will average close to 6 rebs and 5 or 6 asts per game. The kid is already showing a solid all around game at the tender age of 19. I'm excited to see how he plays with Wall. You make a good point about Beal's defense. He takes on veteran sg's and holds his own on defense. Beal out played Joe Johnson and his 120 plus million contract last night, very impressive. I want to see him continue driving to the basket to get dunks, lay ups, or create contact.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,076

Post#883 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:17 pm

I don't think he'll average 6 rebounds at his height. 5 rebounds, maybe. Dwyane Wade cracked the 6 rebounds per game barrier just once in his career, and Beal isn't as strong, long or explosive.

5 assists per game I can definitely see. I think he already possesses the court awareness and unselfishness to average 5 assists. His only issue is that he's not a very good ball handler yet, so the team doesn't run the offense through him.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#884 » by AFM » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:25 pm

He a bust he a bust
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#885 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:26 pm

nate33 wrote:In 3 games so far in January, Beal is averaging 20 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 1 stl, 1 blk and 1 turnover while maintaining an eFG% and TS% of around 54%. Now THOSE are ROTM type of numbers!

Not bad when you mix that in what Crawford is doing at the same time.

Over the last 4 games.

Crawford 34.0 min FG% .585 3Bball .529 4.5 rbs, 4.8 ast, 19.8 pts
And he missed a game because of a sprained ankle before the last 3 games.

Could end up being a powerful combination at SG.

Now add Wall/Temple/Price and mix :D

That is a young and talented combination of guards that compliment each other well. Everyone bring something unique that is needed.
blazinskillz
Junior
And1: 20

Post#886 » by blazinskillz » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:28 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
blazinskillz wrote:I told folks they have to be patient. Bradley Beal's Prime will be a 23pts, 4.5 rbs and 3.5 ast on 56% TS Before his 25th Bday. Him and Wall will make a great backcourt. Beal is very unselfish and can do a lot when his shot isn't falling. His defense and his passing ability(while not even being a primary ball handler) is great. Once he works on more iso moves and release the ball quicker he will be a beast

I think in Beal's prime he will average close to 6 rebs and 5 or 6 asts per game. The kid is already showing a solid all around game at the tender age of 19. I'm excited to see how he plays with Wall. You make a good point about Beal's defense. He takes on veteran sg's and holds his own on defense. Beal out played Joe Johnson and his 120 plus million contract last night, very impressive. I want to see him continue driving to the basket to get dunks, lay ups, or create contact.

Hmm I dunno. I don't think he can average 5-6 assist playing next to Wall. Maybe on a team where he's given free reign but I think a smidget over 4 maybe at most. Another reason is, he's not that great of a ball handler(advance moves) yet. I think he can achieve 6 rebounds tho but once again, Wall is a good rebounder for a guard already, so I don't see the backcourt being able to grab that many rebounds cause that could lead to fastbreaks for the other team. But yeah, his defense all year has impress me. Seems to have caught on to the NBA side of defense quicker than his offensive game. It took harden a while to adjust to the NBA length and speed and From there pre draft workout, Beal is more athletic than him(and less than an inch shorter). He'll be aaight
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#887 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:35 pm

I cringe when people keep mentioning Garrett Temple as if he has a place in the future of this franchise. He's doing a passable job as a stopgap PG, but let's not overlook that he is posting a PER of 10.5 and a TS% of 41.6%. At age 26 and now playing for his 6th NBA team, I don't think we can expect significant improvement going forward.

The fact that people like him so much is really just an indictment of how lousy the talent is on this roster.
hands11
Banned User

Post#888 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:37 pm

That is why we wanted to draft him.

Don't confuse short term frustration and those of us who didn't think he should have stayed the starter, with people not thinking he would get there eventually.

That said, this has been a dramatic turnaround for him. Its like a light switch went on. Man I hope he can keep it up. If he can, and Wall is returning and the added depth at PG with Temple and Price, along with Nene and Okafor in the post and the return of Trevor A at SF, this is going to be a good team a lot sooner then people thought.

Blow it up. Hell no. Build on this.

They have a lot of options moving forward if this continue to progress.
hands11
Banned User

Post#889 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:44 pm

nate33 wrote:I cringe when people keep mentioning Garrett Temple as if he has a place in the future of this franchise. He's doing a passable job as a stopgap PG, but let's not overlook that he is posting a PER of 10.5 and a TS% of 41.6%. At age 26 and now playing for his 6th NBA team, I don't think we can expect significant improvement going forward.

The fact that people like him so much is really just an indictment of how lousy the talent is on this roster.

Why? He is a heady player, mature yet only 26 that can play PG and SG and is 6-6. He defends well. Great length guarding taller guards.

Wall will be getting the lions share of the minutes at PG. Temple and Price are the back ups. I like that combination. He had 11 assists last night and 1 TO and defends well. And he gets the ball up court quickly.

As part of a bench, I think he looks like a great addition. And it cost nothing.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#890 » by DCZards » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:25 pm

tontoz wrote:
I think he is just starting to get comfortable playing in the NBA. It is hard to shoot well if you are afraid to miss and i think as a 19 year old coming in with high expectations he was probably very nervous. Watching guys on TV it is easy to forget how young they are.

Bingo. You draft a player with the 3rd pick and people claiming he's the second coming of Ray Allen and expectations go sky high. Then you throw him out there to defend (and be defended by) all-stars like Kobe, Wade, Harden and Joe Johnson during his first couple of months on the job. That's a tough assignment for anyone, especially a 19 year old.

I've been convinced from day one that Beal has the potential to be a special player. We just have to be patient.
hands11
Banned User

Post#891 » by hands11 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:50 am

Up and Downs of a rookie

That was a rough game for Beal. Two more blocked shots.

4-14 and 0-3 from the line. :(

Miami was making it really rough on the entire team by switching and double teaming. Tough when you don't have a PG that can break that and make them pay. They were jumping Temple and Mack all night.

Miami played a play off style game. Trapping and switching on D, passing it around on offense.

Got a lead in the first. Coasted for two quarters then put it away.

Next up OKC. Now thats a tough back to back.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#892 » by miller31time » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:31 am

hands11
Banned User

Post#893 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:30 am

Best thing about that shot was how he pulled off the pump fake first.

He had two shots blocked last night. Players have been jumping him all season.

Very vet move to do a pump fake with the clock winding down.

Two OKC player went for the block. Takes ice in your veins to be patient enough to slow down, do a jump fake, step past then and pull up for the more clear shot. And he was bumped so he had to play off that as he was moving forward. Should have gotten the and 1 on it as well because he was fouled.

There was so much maturity and skill in that move. Very impressive.

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#894 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:34 am

I like how he took his left hand off the ball a little early and stuck it out to fend off Perkins' hand.
hands11
Banned User

Post#895 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:38 am

nate33 wrote:I like how he took his left hand off the ball a little early and stuck it out to fend off Perkins' hand.

Nice catch. I missed that. Just brings another level to how awesome that move was. Down to the smallest detail like what you just pointed out.

Hey, that's two buzzer beaters in two games. That's what puts a young man on the map. He is now becoming clutch and the team really needs that.
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#896 » by TheBigThree » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:43 am

hands11 wrote:Hey, that's two buzzer beaters in two games. That's what puts a young man on the map. He is now becoming clutch and the team really needs that.

Don't forget the sick 4 point play he had today to end the third quarter.

He also had a great fading jumper against Sefolosha to beat the shot clock. Really showing some moxie.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#897 » by Halcyon » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:41 am

He's getting more and more used to the NBA 3, and the overall size & speed of these players.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#898 » by montestewart » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:48 am

nate33 wrote:I like how he took his left hand off the ball a little early and stuck it out to fend off Perkins' hand.

That combined with what hands11 said makes three separate moves within a second to get the game winning shot. That really was a smart veteran move. He always looked pretty composed.

I don't recall ever seeing a game with two four point plays made before. How often does that happen?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#899 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:52 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSWUWm63tY[/youtube]
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#900 » by dangermouse » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:26 am

Ive been waiting for this moment. I wanted to get a Beal jersey when he was drafted. I waited and it looked less and less likely that I would.

I have a Wall jersey in the old blue and gold style. So i was like "ill wait till we get the next piece in the puzzle before i get one of the new style jerseys." Off to NBAstore.com i go.

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.

Return to Washington Wizards