ImageImageImageImage

Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

applash
Junior
And1: 47

Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST 

Post#261 » by applash » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:59 am

The night is darkest just before the dawn.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ScUeKSnNs[/youtube]
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#262 » by crazytown » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:00 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
DJRajX wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:Disregard W's, acquire ping pong balls.

+1
The only fact that's keeping me sane this season lol

Every game is a win-win for me this way.

WAS and NO won tonight too. We're climbing "up" in the standings! :D
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#263 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:10 am

It's a shame Jameer couldn't figure out he was ice cold from outside tonight. Had he taken a few less 3's and a couple more 2's, this game could have been ours.

I won't hate, though. They all played solidly, and they clearly wanted to win it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more excited about landing either Shabazz or McLemore in the draft. My hopes for a playoff birth are gone. It's just nice that the team is still fighting.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#264 » by drsd » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:13 am

Orlando really needs a competent SF.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#265 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:50 am

I like watching this team. Hate to see all these close losses though. I think we'll perform better down the stretch soon. We're getting a lot of practice at it. Hope Baby comes back soon.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#266 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:12 am

Vuc's pick and roll defense killed us tonight. It is atrocious. He either runs into his own player on the pick, is too slow to react to the roller, or gets switched and has to guard the best player on the opposing team. This has got to be priority no. 1 for the coaching staff and Vuc.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#267 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:26 am

I hate to watch McRoberts constantly play key minutes. It is really infuriating and I don't understand why Nicholson isn't getting those minutes.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#268 » by BaunceyChillups » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:03 am

MagicTownBaller wrote:I hate to watch McRoberts constantly play key minutes. It is really infuriating and I don't understand why Nicholson isn't getting those minutes.

because Nicholson usually just fouls his man instead of playing defense
mityamag
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#269 » by mityamag » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:32 am

MagicTownBaller wrote:I hate to watch McRoberts constantly play key minutes. It is really infuriating and I don't understand why Nicholson isn't getting those minutes.

McRob hustles for the rebounds, may defend several positions
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#270 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:42 am

Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#271 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:43 am

rcklsscognition wrote:Vuc's pick and roll defense killed us tonight. It is atrocious. He either runs into his own player on the pick, is too slow to react to the roller, or gets switched and has to guard the best player on the opposing team. This has got to be priority no. 1 for the coaching staff and Vuc.

I agree and Portland seemed to realize it in the 2nd half which allowed them to get much better looks on offense.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#272 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:46 am

arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)

During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#273 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:23 pm

I don't think mcrob "sucks on defense" I think he's being put in situations that don't allow him to be successful. The guy has had to guard lebron and melo out of position. Cut him some slack the dude plays hard.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#274 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:05 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:
arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic

During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.

So one non-starting player makes the entire team's defense stink?

Could it also be that our starting C/PF and bulkiest interior defender is out?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#275 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:07 pm

Bensational wrote:It's a shame Jameer couldn't figure out he was ice cold from outside tonight. Had he taken a few less 3's and a couple more 2's, this game could have been ours.

I won't hate, though. They all played solidly, and they clearly wanted to win it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more excited about landing either Shabazz or McLemore in the draft. My hopes for a playoff birth are gone. It's just nice that the team is still fighting.

Yeah he shouldn't have taken that 3 to send it into overtime, since he was shooting it bad ... :roll:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#276 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:24 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I don't think mcrob "sucks on defense" I think he's being put in situations that don't allow him to be successful. The guy has had to guard lebron and melo out of position. Cut him some slack the dude plays hard.

I think he has been playing hard. With all the injuries and youth on the team he is being forced to play in situations he is not suited for. Would you rather have one hand Hedo out there? I think the McRobs hate is unwarranted.
aka: prorl
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#277 » by magicmamma » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:00 pm

I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.

What's with all the McRoberts hate? Is it because people want to hate Dukies, but can't hate JJ, because he always looks like he just rolled out of bed, or because he isn't a kid? It can hardly be his play. The guy is doing everything out there, and playing with intelligence, energy, and considerable athleticism. Sure, some of the kids have more potential, but you win games with performance, not potential.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#278 » by BaunceyChillups » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:12 pm

magicmamma wrote:I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.

what an inane statement considering either the Magic or the Blazers could've gone off on a huge run to put the game out of reach at anytime given how lax the defense was this game
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#279 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:24 pm

magicmamma wrote:I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.

How would any coach in the history of the NBA know a game is going into overtime unless there is like 10 seconds or less on the clock and they are confident in their offense to tie the game or defense in stopping the other team from scoring?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#280 » by magicmamma » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:50 pm

What?? You don't believe a good coach has to have precognition? :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic