ImageImageImageImageImage

Alan Anderson

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

watson_cm
Ballboy
And1: 1

Alan Anderson 

Post#1 » by watson_cm » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:31 am

Alan Anderson has played some nice ball since the injury and is looking sharp on both ends. I don't understand why he continues to get inconsistent minutes and come off the bench, while producing more consistently then any of the other 3's - why are we bailing on our "hot" players and focusing on "marketable talent". I 'm a fan of dwayne Casey but sometimes i question line calls and usage of minutes allocated to player

your thoughts - (reason for topic: i haven't seen anyone mention him in the raptor forums, picked him up on fantasy since the injury and noticed when given minutes he produces on consistent basis, also a Raptors fan)
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Re: Alan Anderson 

Post#2 » by J Dilla » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:37 am

I have a lot of respect for the guy, played in every league imaginable worked his ass of to be where he is today. He's looking like a starting SF on this team, but for a winning team I think he has established himself as the main scorer off the bench. He definitely has a place in this league.

Should he start over Pietrus? Of course but I think Casey is trying to balance things out between the starting unit and the bench.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#3 » by Chaos Engine » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:43 am

He's making shots but I hate how he thinks he's the first option when he's on the floor. Eventually he will cool off and then fans will start hating on him even though he'll be playing the same way.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,980

Post#4 » by Mack11 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:04 am

As long as hes doing what hes doing now then im cool with it. Once he starts missing his shots, i dont think you're gonna see a difference between and a player like Kleiza
Reef
Starter
And1: 733

Post#5 » by Reef » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:09 am

He's a great backup swingman for the 2 and 3 position. I'd much rather have him than Kleiza or Fields.
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#6 » by Illuminati_ » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:46 am

Mack11 wrote:As long as hes doing what hes doing now then im cool with it. Once he starts missing his shots, i dont think you're gonna see a difference between and a player like Kleiza

Uhhhh defense? Secondary ball handler? AA is basically a glue guy unfortunately this team needs scoring from him so he's being assumed to shoot more. If you tell him to play D he'll do it same wit getting others involved. I still believe he's a better guard than derozan. I'm still waiting on the day demand is held "accountable".
TheForrestCity
Senior
And1: 383

Post#7 » by TheForrestCity » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:59 am

Chaos Engine wrote:He's making shots but I hate how he thinks he's the first option when he's on the floor. Eventually he will cool off and then fans will start hating on him even though he'll be playing the same way.

Sad things is if you look at our team, who else is going to take charge and score and make plays... He may be our best option... This team is in a very bad spot.

I really hope we tank for wiggins and stay out of the bottom of the lottery this year
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#8 » by KnickerBonkerz » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:14 am

Dwane Casey makes the starting lineup such a big deal. So much so that when he chooses players to start, he'll never alter that lineup unless he's forced to or someone better comes back from injury (and even then it's unlikely). Whereas most coaches in the league change their starting lineups often and isn't something that gets written about in newspapers.

Stubborn old fool... of course if he were to ever make changes it would be admitting he was wrong initially. That's Dwane Casey.
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,038

Post#9 » by Scase » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:19 am

Illuminati_ wrote:
Mack11 wrote:As long as hes doing what hes doing now then im cool with it. Once he starts missing his shots, i dont think you're gonna see a difference between and a player like Kleiza

Uhhhh defense? Secondary ball handler? AA is basically a glue guy unfortunately this team needs scoring from him so he's being assumed to shoot more. If you tell him to play D he'll do it same wit getting others involved. I still believe he's a better guard than derozan. I'm still waiting on the day demand is held "accountable".

You're clearly wrong, Fields is our glue guy thanks.
Props TZ!
Mr Fitzhume
Junior
And1: 650

Post#10 » by Mr Fitzhume » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:13 am

Wolstat wrote a piece on AA:

Raptors' Alan Anderson getting an 'A'
read more here
Anderson says his attitude has been a key and similar thinking could help the myriad of other players out there who are good enough for the league, but have not yet made it.

“I’ve been in all different types of positions. Europe, D-League. You’ve got to have confidence in yourself, you’ve got to be in the right situation. Every second you’re out there, you’ve got to make it (like it’s) your last,” Anderson said after leading the Raptors in scoring with a career-best 27 points on Sunday.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#11 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:48 am

Of all the 10 day signings we have ever showcased this guy was far and away the best. By a long margin. Much better audition than Rafer Alston. As a player he wouldn't even know what the Raps other 10 signings looked like but he has stepped right in and made an immediate impact. Now he looks like a starter on this team and for a guy who is 6'5 he also looks like our best option at small forward. Some other reasonable players are available right now as well. Samardo Samuels didn't look awful. Shelvin Mack can play. Machado has potential. It seems the scrap heap is our friend.
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#12 » by BillyGM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm proud to have totally called this would happen.
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#13 » by Spragga » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:46 pm

Im pretty sure BC promised Peaches the starting job and a certain amount of minutes to get him to sign here. So it would look bad if Casey started Alan.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#14 » by Pchu » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:50 pm

Anderson is definitely a glue guy. Plays D, hit 3s, works hard. Doesn't have the greatest talent in the world, but has a great work ethics.

He is the kind of player that the Spurs would have on their roster.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#15 » by Indeed » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:37 pm

He is a SG, I do not see him guarding SF full time (Pietrus is bigger). Unless we reduce Calderon, DeRozan or Ross minutes, I don't see him playing more minutes. His minutes came from the absent of Bargnani, and he does exactly what we expect from Bargnani (shooting, isolation and man defense).

As much as BC said we got talent, I don't think we can go further without upgrade at the wings.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,626

Post#16 » by arbsn » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:38 pm

Alan Anderson is the most respected player on the Raptors by officials and other players in the league.
TCHOKE
Head Coach
And1: 312

Post#17 » by TCHOKE » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:40 pm

mr anderson has been a very nice surprise this year
anderson>fields>pietrus>kleiza
bc has to sign this guy to a big contract NAO
Lakonomy
Junior
And1: 15

Post#18 » by Lakonomy » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:49 pm

4 years, $36 m. EOY.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#19 » by dagger » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:17 pm

TCHOKE wrote:mr anderson has been a very nice surprise this year
anderson>fields>pietrus>kleiza
bc has to sign this guy to a big contract NAO

Given his age - 30 - I'd probably explore a trade more than a new contract. If a contender wants him, we might tie him to another asset to clear salary, or use him to spice up a trade involving Jose or Andrea or whomever to get a little more back. He's the perfect off the bench glue guy for a contender because he can bring good offence, his defensive metrics are apparently very good, and he's very experienced/mature thanks to his years playing high level ball in Europe.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Raptorstorm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,029

Post#20 » by Raptorstorm » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:22 pm

He should be making more than Klezia at least.. good ethic player...
"IN MASAI WE TRUST" 8-)

Return to Toronto Raptors