ImageImageImage

Who would be happy/upset if this happened?

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Who would be happy/upset if this happened? 

Post#1 » by Piston Pete » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:24 pm

Before the deadline this season....

TRADE #1: Monroe to Sacto for Cousins, straight up.

We get a guy who, I feel, is a better fit next to Drummond as he has the much better high post game. They get the guy who, IMO, is better suited playing C. Works for both teams.

TRADE #2: Prince, Maggette, and English for Gay

They get talent enough to remain atop the Western Conferences best few teams and also obtain cap relief. We get the young, athletic SF with an inflated short-term salary.

Knight / Bynum
Stuckey / Singler / Middleton
Gay / Daye / Middleton
Cousins / CV / Maxiell / Jerebko
Drummond / Kravtsov

I think this team becomes a playoff team THIS SEASON, and begins to fight for Eastern Conference championships within 2 years -- with the further developments of guys like Knight, Cousins, Drummond, Singler, and Middleton.
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Re: Who would be happy/upset if this happened? 

Post#2 » by Jodi » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:29 pm

I would be happy, just don't include Singler with talented players like Knight, Cousins, and Drummond...
Goldtop
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#3 » by Goldtop » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:34 pm

I'd be happy with those moves. I don't really like the Knight/Stuckey backcourt though.
Mr. Krabs
Sixth Man
And1: 249

Post#4 » by Mr. Krabs » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:00 pm

I like the second trade, not the first. I don't think we have the veteran leadership for Cousins. We would have the same problems Sacto is having right now. He would continue to chuck low percentage fadeaways.
retrolenny
Rookie
And1: 19

Post#5 » by retrolenny » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:43 pm

Mr. Krabs wrote:I like the second trade, not the first. I don't think we have the veteran leadership for Cousins. We would have the same problems Sacto is having right now. He would continue to chuck low percentage fadeaways.

This but with a twist. I would do the first trade if we could switch 1st round picks this year provided Sacto has the better pick..
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 16,955

Post#6 » by MrBigShot » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:42 am

I would be happy with the second one...still iffy on Cousins though. It's clear, in my opinion, that Cousins has the higher ceiling...but I don't know if we have the staff and leadership to handle his immaturity problems. When Sheed came here, he was a bit older and he was never a bad teammate. He may have been a hot head, but I feel really strongly that he only had a positive effect on team chemistry and team culture wherever he played, and still does at the moment in NY.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#7 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:59 am

Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#8 » by Warspite » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:15 am

The GM who gets fired for making a lopsided trade with Dumars.

All Pistons fans when they realise that Petrie was offering Evans, 1st rd pick or Fredette and Dumars turned him down.

I would be happy with just about any of Piston Petes homer trades coming true.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#9 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:28 am

Warspite wrote:The GM who gets fired for making a lopsided trade with Dumars.

All Pistons fans when they realise that Petrie was offering Evans, 1st rd pick or Fredette and Dumars turned him down.

Are his trades outlandish? Yes.

Do you have any more insight than he does what's going on in the NBA brass? No. James Harden was supposed to be going to PHX according to you. Prince for Kobe was the trade that would be happening if it wasn't vetoed. His trades are outlandish, but equal value exchanges rarely occur in the NBA.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#10 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:55 am

From all reports the Kings owners are crying poor, would love to shed salary and are even looking to sell/move the team

IMO the first team that offers to take their bad contracts AND Cousins will land the big man...

We happen to have some nice expiring deals.. and some cheap youth... I can see a deal happening but it's up to Joe to make the call and make an offer.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#11 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:19 pm

On trade one, I don't mind trading MOnroe but I want a young wing scorer who can be our go to guy on the Wings who is the same age as Monroe or younger. I am not sure of the names but that is what I would want for him. I don't want Cousins head game problems. We don't need 2 centers on this roster who need 30 mins plus each.

On trade 2, it's brutally bad. Since the Grizz want Dudley and multiple firsts for Gay, I don't see the Pistons offering anything close to that. The Pistons would have to sacrifice Monroe and expirings for Gay most likely. A deal I wouldn't do. I don't want Gay and his 16.4 mill dollar deal. I'll simply pass.
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#12 » by need4detroit » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:41 pm

DetroitDon15 wrote:On trade one, I don't mind trading MOnroe but I want a young wing scorer who can be our go to guy on the Wings who is the same age as Monroe or younger. I am not sure of the names but that is what I would want for him. I don't want Cousins head game problems. We don't need 2 centers on this roster who need 30 mins plus each.

Sounds like this guy
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
Warspite
RealGM

Post#13 » by Warspite » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:24 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Warspite wrote:The GM who gets fired for making a lopsided trade with Dumars.

Are his trades outlandish? Yes.

Do you have any more insight than he does what's going on in the NBA brass? No. James Harden was supposed to be going to PHX according to you. Prince for Kobe was the trade that would be happening if it wasn't vetoed. His trades are outlandish, but equal value exchanges rarely occur in the NBA.

Harden had reached the open market its very possible. Harden took the money I dont fault him for that. The guy did go to Arizona State University. I havent worked for the Suns since 2007. Im not in the front office meetings anymore. What I do know is what other teams want (maybe not what they will settle for) while you know what your willing to give up. The grey in bewteen is what this forum is about.

I dont have a problem with you believeing I dont know more than Piston Pete. I think Piston Pete knows more than you so I have np being on his level.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#14 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:20 am

I thought you said you were a store manager at dominoes and now help coach the high school team...
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#15 » by kurtis48239 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:48 am

someone posted a trade on the trade forum with prince and stuckey going to mem and gay coming here,Ialso would love to get paul george.
tradez401
Starter
And1: 613

Post#16 » by tradez401 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:58 am

if we cant get rudy gay i wonder if the phoenix suns would trade beasley
c-dot
Rookie
And1: 60

Post#17 » by c-dot » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:40 am

I find it kinda ironic that guys want George and Mayo but wanna fire Dumars for getting CV and Gordon. Im not saying they're the same players but they were similar to what they were before Joe signed them....
ComboGuardCity
RealGM

Post#18 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:09 am

c-dot wrote:I find it kinda ironic that guys want George and Mayo but wanna fire Dumars for getting CV and Gordon. Im not saying they're the same players but they were similar to what they were before Joe signed them....

George is nothing like those 2. He is an excellent wing defender. That usually doesn't change with a contract. Nonetheless, there is no way in hell the pacers trade him for anything but a superstar point/wing. They already have that albatross of a contract for Hibbert.
Warspite
RealGM

Post#19 » by Warspite » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:33 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:I thought you said you were a store manager at dominoes and now help coach the high school team...

The 1990s yes they were fun times. I was telling one of my employees about playing basketball at 4am outside after we shoveld the snow just the other day. 2 babies at home and a young wife.

Now those babies are in high school. Still with the young wife.

Return to Detroit Pistons