ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#801 » by arsenal6106 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:32 pm

Anybody know anything about Bobby Brown?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... his_Season

I wonder if the Magic is interested, considering our pg situation.

Bobby Brown could become a free agent this season due to financial issues with his Italian club Montepaschi Siena, according to sources.

Brown has had a breakout season in Europe, causing several NBA teams to inquire about signing him as a backup point guard.

Brown scored 41 points in a single game this week and is averaging 21 points in Euroleague play.

During the 2008-2010 seasons, Brown played 113 NBA games during stops with Sacramento, Minnesota, the Los Angeles Clippers and New Orleans.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#802 » by Def Swami » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:00 pm

DJRajX wrote:I wouldn't mind picking up Wayns
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#803 » by Def Swami » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:01 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:Can't believe some of you want Harrington back so bad, he is the definition of a chucker.

He can score and we need scoring.

This and he needs to get some games in to build some sort of trade value.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#804 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:29 pm

pinoynurse wrote:
glennathan wrote:Just incase anyone was wondering, I read this article on Hoopsworld to show exactly how the trade took place. Very detailed and very well orchestrated by Hennigan

http://www.hoopsworld.com/how-exactly-w ... rd-traded/

this was a fantastic read. thank you for sharing. seeing how vuc is turning out so well, and the intricacy in this trade, i have to say not bad for a rookie gm

Wow..Otis would've had a rectal prolapse if he had to think that hard and think that far into the future in a trade.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#805 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:37 pm

Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the Magic to let al sit and then collect the insurance on him?

Some of you guys want to win so bad you forget what our goal is this season.....

News flash, it is not to win a championship. Therefore, making the playoffs is a waste of time....and draft picks.
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#806 » by glennathan » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:39 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
pinoynurse wrote:
glennathan wrote:Just incase anyone was wondering, I read this article on Hoopsworld to show exactly how the trade took place. Very detailed and very well orchestrated by Hennigan

http://www.hoopsworld.com/how-exactly-w ... rd-traded/

this was a fantastic read. thank you for sharing. seeing how vuc is turning out so well, and the intricacy in this trade, I have to say not bad for a rookie gm

Wow..Otis would've had a rectal prolapse if he had to think that hard and think that far into the future in a trade.

We Will... trust in Hennigan
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#807 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:13 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
DJRajX wrote:I wouldn't mind picking up Wayns

He's signing a 10-day in Philly again.
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#808 » by D12VCMagic » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:25 pm

I haven't been able to watch a single game in weeks. The fact the team sucks along with work will do that. I do miss the days of looking forward to every game, but I can't wait to see what sort of moves are coming next for this team. Hopefully Henny can set us up with some solid moves before the deadline.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#809 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:00 pm

D12VCMagic wrote:I haven't been able to watch a single game in weeks. The fact the team sucks along with work will do that. I do miss the days of looking forward to every game, but I can't wait to see what sort of moves are coming next for this team. Hopefully Henny can set us up with some solid moves before the deadline.

Don't worry, BBD gonna come back and prove ya'll wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#810 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:34 pm

So what's the story on Ish's contract? Is it a guaranteed three year deal? Do we have a team option at any point? Not that anyone out there is necessarily better than Ish, but Scott Machado, Malik Waayns, and Shelvin Mack did just clear waivers...
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#811 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:37 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:So what's the story on Ish's contract? Is it a guaranteed three year deal? Do we have a team option at any point? Not that anyone out there is necessarily better than Ish, but Scott Machado, Malik Waayns, and Shelvin Mack did just clear waivers...

Guaranteed this year with player option for next year. Looks like he stays unless included in a trade. If the Magic keep Moore at SG after moving Afflalo or Reddick, then a PG would definitely be aquired or signed.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#812 » by MoMM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:11 pm

http://data.shamsports.com/content/page ... /magic.jsp

I just wish we had offered Ish's contract to Moore and Moore's to Ish :(
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#813 » by Rick Rolled » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:12 pm

The Memphis Grizzlies and Phoenix Suns are engaged in trade talks centered on forward Rudy Gay, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Rudy Gay is averaging 17.8 points and 5.8 rebounds this season. (USA Today Sports)
The Grizzlies have been shopping Gay to multiple teams, and found an interested trade partner with the Suns, sources said.

There's no framework of a possible deal in place, but the Grizzlies have expressed a strong desire that any package involving Gay include Suns forward Jared Dudley and future first-round draft picks, sources said.

http://tinyurl.com/bdopadj
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
liquid_softgel
Junior
And1: 19

Post#814 » by liquid_softgel » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:37 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:
The Memphis Grizzlies and Phoenix Suns are engaged in trade talks centered on forward Rudy Gay, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Rudy Gay is averaging 17.8 points and 5.8 rebounds this season. (USA Today Sports)
The Grizzlies have been shopping Gay to multiple teams, and found an interested trade partner with the Suns, sources said.

There's no framework of a possible deal in place, but the Grizzlies have expressed a strong desire that any package involving Gay include Suns forward Jared Dudley and future first-round draft picks, sources said.

I'm still baffled at the Grizz's repeated desire to move Gay.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#815 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:58 pm

liquid_softgel wrote:

I think they see what some people see in that they have a player worth $8-10 mil a year being paid more than Wade or Lebron that increases for a few more years. It is a Shard like contract while Rudy Gay has already peaked and isn't the type of player to dominate a game or create his own shot with consistency. Afflalo isn't that far behind Gay as a player, but is just shorter and isn't a SF which there is a lack in quality SF's in the league

Anyone trading for Gay will be stuck with him for the rest of his contract. So, they better have a game plan to work with before aquiring.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#816 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:17 pm

liquid_softgel wrote:
Rick Rolled wrote:

Gay makes them a treadmill team and they don't want to a bunch of money for a second tier star.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#817 » by Ballah » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:53 pm

Gay is on a superstar contract, Gay is not a superstar. It is that simple.
MagicFan41
Sixth Man
And1: 163

Post#818 » by MagicFan41 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:58 pm

Ballah wrote:Gay is on a superstar contract, Gay is not a superstar. It is that simple.

While I agree that Gay is not a superstar and not worth his bloated contract, I do wonder sometimes how much his game/stats might expand if he was the #1 option on a team ala Harden. He is on a team where the stats get divided between some upper echelon players in ZBo, Gasol, Conley, Mayo (in the past - but an example of what somebody can do when they are the #1 option after leaving Memphis...).
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#819 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:17 pm

MagicFan41 wrote:
Ballah wrote:Gay is on a superstar contract, Gay is not a superstar. It is that simple.

While I agree that Gay is not a superstar and not worth his bloated contract, I do wonder sometimes how much his game/stats might expand if he was the #1 option on a team ala Harden. He is on a team where the stats get divided between some upper echelon players in ZBo, Gasol, Conley, Mayo (in the past - but an example of what somebody can do when they are the #1 option after leaving Memphis...).

Gays game is nothing like Harndens. He is not fast or creates his own shot like Harnden. I have a feeling that Afflalo is a better offensive option than Gay at that end, but I don't watch many Grizzlies games. I think Gay would be a huge upgrade and can only dream about a Meer, Afflalo or JJ, Gay, BBD and Vucci lineup could do in this league, but I would hold out for a better prospect on a better contract.

I think this team learned enough after dealing with Shards, Arenas and Hedo's contracts. I say it is time to move on from this type of cap management.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,203

Post#820 » by thelead » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:29 pm

MagicFan41 wrote:

Do you know that Gay averages 17 shots per game? That's 3 more than the next highest (ZBo). How many more shots does he need? He shoots 41% and has a god awful Moe Harkless-Like 48% TS%.

Return to Orlando Magic