ImageImageImageImageImage

What logical reason is there for jose to start?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Scraptor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Re: What logical reason is there for jose to start? 

Post#21 » by Scraptor » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:23 am

I think BC might be waiting for Jan. 15th and the increased movement that will ensue, but my bigger fear is that he is waiting for Bargs to return because he is adamant about packaging then together. This would mean it'd be another month before Bargnani is healthy enough to be traded. Meanwhile we'd be using this idiotic platoon and two-pg lineups when really we need Lowry to have the reins, unconditionally, so he can really figure out his teammates. We also run the serious risk of Jose getting injured, which would be a clusterf**k beyond imagination.

Gah. This stupid team.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,101

Post#22 » by duppyy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:34 am

highscore wrote:
Yoga wrote:Calderon will have one or two good games and there will be threads about "giving Jose an extension", "Does Calderon deserve to be an allstar", etc. :lol:

You guys are too much

People that keep thinking this forum is bi-polar should probably just realize that more than 1 person posts here. Those people that have hated Jose (and Bargnani, BC, or even Casey for that matter) have been pretty consistent. Almost even incredibly stubborn to a degree. It's just a matter of timing, losses generate negativity and those (like myself) would rather discuss the atrocities behind this treadmill team than make posts like "Yay Alan Anderson is so good today!"

The fact that Jose starts, and not to mention always closes games is absolutely unreal. The case of Jose Calderon has been a strange anomaly for the last five years as it is, what's happening this season is just beyond comprehension.

+1

I always hate jose. Yes he played well but i still wanted him off the team. When he plays well its just a mirage and won't last long.
raps4eva
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#23 » by raps4eva » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:42 am

**** colangelo
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#24 » by fredericklove » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:43 am

To spike up the trade value by giving him enough mins to boost up his empty stat. Either that or Casey trolling. Just last year he said he's in love with Lowry's game so this benching doesn't make any sense.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#25 » by Rapsalot » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:10 am

None :o
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,038

Post#26 » by Scase » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:35 am

fredericklove wrote:To spike up the trade value by giving him enough mins to boost up his empty stat. Either that or Casey trolling. Just last year he said he's in love with Lowry's game so this benching doesn't make any sense.

My thoughts exactly, I assumed it was more for trade value.
Props TZ!
mtran5569
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#27 » by mtran5569 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:41 am

none, nil, nada, nessuno da quando, aucun depuis lors, ninguno ya que cuando
Abba Zabba
Rookie
And1: 100

Post#28 » by Abba Zabba » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:02 pm

I am, compared to most around here, a Calderon booster; in that I think it's idiotic to lay all this franchise's problems at the feet of one of the only consistent, professional players we have had. But even I was shocked that we didn't start Lowry against OKC.

Aside from being the more talented point guard (although you could argue he has had some chemistry issues running the team and getting the most out of his team-mates) Lowry is clearly the better match up against Westbrook on both ends of the court.

Pure speculation: last time Lowry came back from injury he did so too early and also without integrating his game well with the rest of the team's. He is prone to over pushing it. This time Casey is bringing him along at a measured pace until he feels Lowry is ready both physically and mentally to take over the reigns and he isn't going to rush that growth for a game that we probably would have lost anyway.
Thanks TZ
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#29 » by grumpwalter » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:43 pm

because Dwane Casey plays players based on how much they're paid, back in Minnesota, guess who was part of Casey's rotation, Mark freakin' Madsen.
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#30 » by KnickerBonkerz » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:54 pm

wolfv wrote:These scrubs had the nerve to call out Lowry for being "selfish", remember?. Lowry was looking like a star, and I don't know if others were jealous, or just couldn't handle his strong personality. These losers enjoy playing with Jose, and they went on a nice streak. BC threw away a lotto pick

In case you already forgot, Lowry was looking selfish after coming back from injury (that game against Houston where everyone was shocked to learn he was back, because he was expected to be out for weeks) and certainly was not looking like a star. He sat with Andrea, now has come back and definitely looks like he's cooled down his frustration and is playing better, and I definitely think they're "easing him into the lineup" a bit too much.

Just had to clear that up for you...
nahom1319
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#31 » by nahom1319 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:03 pm

Well the alternative is playing with superstars Aaron Gray and Peeches.

Sadly our 2nd unit of Lowry, Ross, Anderson, Fields, and Amir is better then our starting unit.
Dr Mufasa wrote: I wouldn't bet any of my personal money on Valanciunas being in the NBA after his rookie contract.
<--- May 22 2012
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 ... -THG-1.gif
tmac101
Junior
And1: 18

Post#32 » by tmac101 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:25 am

When do you guys think Casey will go back to Lowry as the starting PG
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#33 » by JunkYardSubs » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:27 am

tmac101 wrote:When do you guys think Casey will go back to Lowry as the starting PG

When he has pissed him off enough to make us trading our pick even more worthless
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,164

Post#34 » by niQ » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:06 am

Clearly to up his trade value.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#35 » by dballislife » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:23 am

dont people wanna see if lowry can be the PG of the future here, i do, how do u know, well u gotta play him in that role...its obvious what jose is already
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#36 » by pkiskool » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:04 pm

High character.
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#37 » by RedX » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:04 pm

Logically... we won 7/8 games with him starting.

Realistically... as soon as Lowry came back Jose should have been sent back to the bench.
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#38 » by lucky777s » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:45 pm

RedX wrote:Logically... we won 7/8 games with him starting.

Realistically... as soon as Lowry came back Jose should have been sent back to the bench.

It's more than that though. The players had just called out Bargs and Lowry. Then they re-grouped with Jose leading the team and bought into team play and turned the season around.

If you just throw Lowry back in there you risk dividing the locker room and disrupting chemistry. Much smarter to wait for a few losses and then make the move. That way Lowry doesn't take heat for the Raps starting to lose again.

This team is going to suck with either PG. At least Casey is taking charge of the team now and showing he will reward results. He may have regained some credibility with the players.
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#39 » by Illuminati_ » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:17 pm

lucky777s wrote:
RedX wrote:Logically... we won 7/8 games with him starting.

It's more than that though. The players had just called out Bargs and Lowry. Then they re-grouped with Jose leading the team and bought into team play and turned the season around.

If you just throw Lowry back in there you risk dividing the locker room and disrupting chemistry. Much smarter to wait for a few losses and then make the move. That way Lowry doesn't take heat for the Raps starting to lose again.

This team is going to suck with either PG. At least Casey is taking charge of the team now and showing he will reward results. He may have regained some credibility with the players.

It's clear Lowry has a strong personality on the court. There's no question he's one of th few who care about winging and play with a high motor. When it comes to this defensive culture it's not lip service wait is coming out of either derozan or Jose. Both who have yet to be held accountable for their snotty D. It's at the point where AA should be subbed in for demar when a keystop is needed. They won 7 of 8 vs teams wit a winning percentage of .302 and have looked pathetic against real teams. I'm sure the guys who want to win can rally around Lowry
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#40 » by dballislife » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:46 pm

man it was hard watching westbrook demolish jose and use him like a lil toy the whole game...meanwhile lowry held his own great playing against a top 3 PG...jrue is destroying jose tmr
What is basketball.....basketball is life!

Return to Toronto Raptors