ImageImageImageImageImage

Alan Anderson

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Re: Alan Anderson 

Post#21 » by West Rouge » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:27 pm

Raptorstorm wrote:He should be making more than Klezia at least.. good ethic player...

I give BC credit for finding a Diamond in the rough with AA and I take all that credit back plus one when i see Landry and Linus making what they do.

BC is loser
Aliasego
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#22 » by Aliasego » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:34 pm

dagger wrote:Given his age - 30 - I'd probably explore a trade more than a new contract. If a contender wants him, we might tie him to another asset to clear salary, or use him to spice up a trade involving Jose or Andrea or whomever to get a little more back. He's the perfect off the bench glue guy for a contender because he can bring good offence, his defensive metrics are apparently very good, and he's very experienced/mature thanks to his years playing high level ball in Europe.

I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him if it would make a significant difference, but I doubt that other teams value him as much as we do. On a team short on veterans, he's one of the last guys we should look at trading off. If the other team insisted on it, sure, but there's no reason to look towards trading him.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#23 » by Big Shot » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:36 pm

AA has been the most productive and consistent wing player off the bench. With his positive attitude and manageable contract, he is someone you want to keep for long term as a veteran role player either on a rebuilding team or a playoff team. Unless he is a make or break piece in a trade for a game changer type player, I don't think he should just be thrown in any trade.
peja drobnjak
Starter
And1: 46

Post#24 » by peja drobnjak » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:38 pm

you have to note that he's got less miles on his legs than most 30 year olds in the nba

parker was 32 i think when he came over and he still had several productive years
Image Turbo Zone
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#25 » by Green Backpack » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:50 pm

Anderson has basically been everything BC was hoping Fields could be, plus more
Sterling_Archer
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#26 » by Sterling_Archer » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:57 pm

I like Anderson I do and I think he should be on the starting unit right now because they could use some extra scoring. When Lowry get back to the starting unit I would rather have Feilds starting because Lowry is more of a scorer and Feilds can help with distributing more. But a healthy dosage of Anderson over someone like pietrus in the starting unit would be nice.
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#27 » by lucky777s » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:42 pm

Anderson is both the best and worst player of the BC era. Best wing player but broke our tank season last year and may have helped save BC's job, at least for a few months, this year.

AA won't come back here for less than 3 or 4 mill per year over 3+ years. I think several teams would offer him 3/9 type of contracts and if he stays healthy that is good value. So BC probably goes 3/15 at least.

Problem is we have Fields and Kleiza taking up 10 mill next year, and DD/Ross combo taking another 12mill so we are already at 22 mill for pretty crap wing play.

If AA is an asset that helps get Bargs off the books I think you have to do it. A guy like AA could make the difference in the Lakers doing a Pau deal. Then we move Pau this summer for good value or even shorter contracts.
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#28 » by JohnnyFlame » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:08 pm

I'd certainly look to deal any asset on the team that is expendable. 30 yr old role players are assuredly in this category. This year shouldn't be about BC's and Casey's job but of course it is. That's the reason for the weird substitution patterns. Desperation to find anything that will work towards a very limited goal. A goal which does NOT further the franchise.

A properly built team should be looking to get maximum benefit from this season for the next and ongoing seasons. Up until January 15th and even till the deadline they can showcase to some extent but not to the detriment of the youth.

After they jettison the likes of AB and Jose and AA etc. then it should be totally about next year and beyond. They have a fanbase that shows up no matter what crap they put on the floor so that isn't a concern. Build the team and sink or swim with the youth.
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#29 » by kush- » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:14 pm

this guy slayed our tank last year and this year.

also has better handles than any of our wings/guards except maybe lowry
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#30 » by Indeed » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:00 pm

If we don't sign him next season (or even trade him), I think our record will be the worst in the league. Although, sadly, we are riding on Calderon and Anderson, but we don't really have any talent in our team.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#31 » by MikeM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:02 pm

He has old man game. It's like playing against Uncle Drew. He looks like he should be just a spot up shooter but then he goes and gives you that lightning quick shimmy and gets by you with that first step which is somehow the fastest on our team.
Abba Zabba
Rookie
And1: 100

Post#32 » by Abba Zabba » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:15 pm

Shame he is a shooting guard. At this point we have 3 good to promising SGs and no small forwards.

Gotta love the value we are getting out of his contract though: $854,389
Second cheapest player on the team and lately he's in the top 4 of our most valuable players in any given game.
Thanks TZ
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#33 » by Spacing » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:09 pm

I like what he brings on the defensive end. I hate what he brings offensively. It's nice that he's shooting well now but he seems like a bit of a chucker at times. Also, I hate when he gets the ball his only intention is to take a jump shot or to take it the hole. He never gets his team mates involved and he does this on virtually every possession. He plays too much like Kobe without the Kobe skill.

I'd rather have him running off a screen for a catch and shoot then using him as our primary offensive weapon. Which seems to be what he has become as of late.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#34 » by Indeed » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:13 pm

Spacing wrote:I like what he brings on the defensive end. I hate what he brings offensively. It's nice that he's shooting well now but he seems like a bit of a chucker at times. Also, I hate when he gets the ball his only intention is to take a jump shot or to take it the hole. He never gets his team mates involved and he does this on virtually every possession. He plays too much like Kobe without the Kobe skill.

I'd rather have him running off a screen for a catch and shoot then using him as our primary offensive weapon. Which seems to be what he has become as of late.

He does create for others. His bounce pass to the big near the rim is very good. Sometimes he might be chucking a little bit too much, but not only no one wants the ball, he also wants it. His aggressiveness allows us to win more games. As for his shot selection, sometimes he is questionable, but can be help with better offensive players around him.
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#35 » by Spacing » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:32 pm

Indeed wrote:
Spacing wrote:I like what he brings on the defensive end. I hate what he brings offensively. It's nice that he's shooting well now but he seems like a bit of a chucker at times. Also, I hate when he gets the ball his only intention is to take a jump shot or to take it the hole. He never gets his team mates involved and he does this on virtually every possession. He plays too much like Kobe without the Kobe skill.

He does create for others. His bounce pass to the big near the rim is very good. Sometimes he might be chucking a little bit too much, but not only no one wants the ball, he also wants it. His aggressiveness allows us to win more games. As for his shot selection, sometimes he is questionable, but can be help with better offensive players around him.

I think his chucking has more to do with Casey's "random" offense instead of "nobody wants the ball" which I find hard to believe on a team full of young guys looking to make a name for themselves.

I think he's been the best of the worst. Watch the 3rd quarter of both the OKC and Sacramento game and you will see what i am talking about but I can agree to some extent that he has been playing good ball just not team ball per se.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#36 » by Indeed » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:39 pm

Spacing wrote:
Indeed wrote:

I think his chucking has more to do with Casey's "random" offense instead of "nobody wants the ball" which I find hard to believe on a team full of young guys looking to make a name for themselves.

I think he's been the best of the worst. Watch the 3rd quarter of both the OKC and Sacramento game and you will see what i am talking about but I can agree to some extent that he has been playing good ball just not team ball per se.

Not sure if you are making excuses to our players. There has been no random offense since our home winning streak started. Calderon doesn't run random offense, instead he needs to run plays to be effective. It is about players willing to cut back and get the ball. Very often Calderon just was waiting for someone to make a cut or try to get open on the perimeter, while Anderson is the one who has his hands ready to receive a pass.
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#37 » by Canada_7 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:02 pm

He's certainly put me to shame...back when he was with the Bobcats, when I was updating the rosters of either Live or 2K, I got to this guy and was like "who the heck is this guy". He's no star, but I'm happy with his contributions to the team lately.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#38 » by grumpwalter » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:16 am

Offensively, he reminds me of Juan Dixon in terms of streakiness.
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,626

Post#39 » by arbsn » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:25 am

His nickname is the Anti-Tank

AKA the Anti-Harrison Barnes
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,490

Post#40 » by bboyskinnylegs » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:02 am

he's looked better than Barnes so far, so I guess that works in his favour (for now)

Return to Toronto Raptors