ImageImageImageImage

Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST 

Post#281 » by Skin » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:01 pm

ANOTHER PERFECT LOSS!!!! I'M LOVING THIS SEASON!

Who can complain about this? Like really. We're showing how competitive and close we are to beating ALL of these teams, yet we're making sure we will not hurt our lottery chances of getting an elite player. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#282 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:07 pm

magicmamma wrote:What?? You don't believe a good coach has to have precognition? :lol:

At first I was like "I agree" then I re-read and was like "Wuh?" lol

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#283 » by NickAnderson » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:34 pm

I really wonder if some of you actually WATCH the games. Rest the STARTERS in the 4th in a close game to prepare for OT? I have now heard it ALL. lol

JV is already showing he is a better coach the Stan.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#284 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:36 pm

NickAnderson wrote:

Stan is a top 5 coach in this league. I know you have a mab-crush while Vaughn is good, but not great by a long shot.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#285 » by NickAnderson » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:39 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:

Stan is a top 5 coach in this league. I know you have a mab-crush while Vaughn is good, but not great by a long shot.

JV is top 4 :)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#286 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:57 pm

NickAnderson wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:

JV is top 4 :)

Right now, his team is a bottom 4 team! 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#287 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:42 pm

I said it earlier, but Vuc is the problem in our streak. He is the reason our defensive rating is so bad. It's not McBob, his problems are a result of Vuc's problems, which is pick and roll defense. McBob is pretty much net zero on defense on/off court, but Vuv is -6, the team gives up 6 more points when he's on the court.

Vuc's problems on the pick and roll create a ripple effect that ruins our rotations. When Baby was in, he didn't have these problems, but now Vuc is being forced out to guard too often. Like I said, it was painfully evident in the Portland game but has been happening all season. Vuc either runs into one of our wings or allows the easy pass to the pick setter, which then leads to McBob coming over to help and leaves McBob's man over. From my viewpoint, McBob looks like a failure because he often fails at helping because he's put at a defensive disadvantage by Vucevic messing things up.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#288 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:51 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I said it earlier, but Vuc is the problem in our streak. He is the reason our defensive rating is so bad. It's not McBob, his problems are a result of Vuc's problems, which is pick and roll defense. McBob is pretty much net zero on defense on/off court, but Vuv is -6, the team gives up 6 more points when he's on the court.

Vuc's problems on the pick and roll create a ripple effect that ruins our rotations. When Baby was in, he didn't have these problems, but now Vuc is being forced out to guard too often. Like I said, it was painfully evident in the Portland game but has been happening all season. Vuc either runs into one of our wings or allows the easy pass to the pick setter, which then leads to McBob coming over to help and leaves McBob's man over. From my viewpoint, McBob looks like a failure because he often fails at helping because he's put at a defensive disadvantage by Vucevic messing things up.

I see what you are saying. BBD is just a great team player that covers for other players faults. Still there are haters . . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#289 » by NickAnderson » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:47 am

^ his pick and roll d does suck actually him and Nicholson are pretty bad. If they are our future frontline they def need to work on that but it isn't the only reason we are losing close games. Its mainly because we don't have anyone to close out games for us.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#290 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:54 am

NickAnderson wrote:^ his pick and roll d does suck actually him and Nicholson are pretty bad. If they are our future frontline they def need to work on that but it isn't the only reason we are losing close games. Its mainly because we don't have anyone to close out games for us.

Ain't that the truth.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#291 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:22 am

Vucevic is not the main reason why we are losing, sure he's had some problems on defense, but look at the rest of the team, and who we are starting next to him in the front court..plus we cant finish in the 4th
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#292 » by drsd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:15 am

magicman123 wrote:Vucevic is not the main reason why we are losing, sure he's had some problems on defense, but look at the rest of the team, and who we are starting next to him in the front court..plus we cant finish in the 4th

The rebounding stats look nice, and he has some nice offense, but to get to a top-10 level many want, he really need to work on his defense.

The Magic is losing because a terribly disorganized SF rotation. The solution here is for Hedo to get healthy and confident.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#293 » by KillMonger » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:03 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I said it earlier, but Vuc is the problem in our streak. He is the reason our defensive rating is so bad. It's not McBob, his problems are a result of Vuc's problems, which is pick and roll defense. McBob is pretty much net zero on defense on/off court, but Vuv is -6, the team gives up 6 more points when he's on the court.

Disagree with this, i can't remember what video but it was a practice video but it was recent when coach himself said that Vuc was in the top 3 defensively every game so far. I remember coach saying that they grade all the players every game that plays and said that Vuc was top 3 defensively every game at that point. So idk if coach is saying he's doing a good job then i'll have to go with him, Vuc is not perfect but i think he's doing alright he does need work in his pick and roll defense though.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,078

Post#294 » by tiderulz » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:06 pm

NickAnderson wrote:^ his pick and roll d does suck actually him and Nicholson are pretty bad. If they are our future frontline they def need to work on that but it isn't the only reason we are losing close games. Its mainly because we don't have anyone to close out games for us.

Nicholson IS a rookie. and Vuc barely got playing time last year. This is where they hopefully learn and grow, with help from the coaching staff
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#295 » by NickAnderson » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:06 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Nicholson IS a rookie. and Vuc barely got playing time last year. This is where they hopefully learn and grow, with help from the coaching staff

Agreed, I think they can learn it and be quite good actually because they aren't THAT bad for playing only 30 nba games.
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#296 » by NickAnderson » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:06 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Agreed, I think they can learn it and be quite good actually because they aren't THAT bad for playing only 30 nba games.
Mule Tears
Starter
And1: 216

Post#297 » by Mule Tears » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:37 pm

You guys should be happy we are losing. We need a good draft pick + good player so we arent the next Bucks/Hawks/Nets for the next 10 years.
The Future Has Arrived: Paolo Banchero is coming to Orlando!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#298 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:06 pm

Mule Tears wrote:You guys should be happy we are losing. We need a good draft pick + good player so we arent the next Bucks/Hawks/Nets for the next 10 years.

True, the Magic could strike out in the draft and end up the Bobcats or worse for the next 10 years.

You are correct, it could get worse. Sure, lets keep on losing so the Magic can pray to be one of 10 teams tanking and praying to get one out of ten players that will make a freakin difference. It is not like any single one of them is a guaranteed superstar. At best, 90% will be as good as Afflalo. So, lets try to lose for another 10 years and maybe strike gold with another Dwight. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,202

Post#299 » by thelead » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:58 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Mule Tears wrote:You guys should be happy we are losing. We need a good draft pick + good player so we arent the next Bucks/Hawks/Nets for the next 10 years.

True, the Magic could strike out in the draft and end up the Bobcats or worse for the next 10 years.

You are correct, it could get worse. Sure, lets keep on losing so the Magic can pray to be one of 10 teams tanking and praying to get one out of ten players that will make a freakin difference. It is not like any single one of them is a guaranteed superstar. At best, 90% will be as good as Afflalo. So, lets try to lose for another 10 years and maybe strike gold with another Dwight. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So you don't trust Hennigan and his staff to make the right draft choice with a high lotto pick? If our GM drafts like Milwaukee, we're screwed regardless of what we do.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#300 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:14 pm

thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

So you don't trust Hennigan and his staff to make the right draft choice with a high lotto pick? If our GM drafts like Milwaukee, we're screwed regardless of what we do.

Its not just that, but players who look good in college don't always translate to success in the Pro's. It is like one out of 10 become Franchise players. Henny may end up picking up a player everyone wants, but ends up being a dud. It happens 9 times out of 10 while it may not be Henny's fault. Should just call this team the Orlando Bobcats because one player is not going to change this team unless it is a superstar. I would rather just build this team with smart cap management and solid role players in the draft instead of praying for a Superstar every year like we did before Shaq and Dwight for 10 years at a time.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic