ImageImage

Head Coach candidates

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Re: Head Coach candidates 

Post#61 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:27 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again: Randy Whitman.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#62 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:28 pm

I'd love Sammy from a pure entertainment standpoint.

Chances of him taking the team to the next level? 0%.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#63 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah, I'm honestly baffled at the Cassell love.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#64 » by europa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:35 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Yeah, I'm honestly baffled at the Cassell love.

The entertainment value of Sammy confronting a player who didn't want to practice would be epic, though.
Nothing will not break me.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#65 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:41 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Yeah, I'm honestly baffled at the Cassell love.

Cassell would actually talk to the players unlike Skiles, however nobody can understand a word he says so probably a wash there. Our Swag twins would get the green light to chuck on 80%+ of our possessions...
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
9abovetherim
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#66 » by 9abovetherim » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:45 pm

Monta Ellis + Don Nelson = championship.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#67 » by Epicurus » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:38 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Epicurus wrote:Reading these threads on coaching is like being on the set of "Groundhog Day". Get a list of the 100 or so persons in the wolrld who have significant NBA sideline experience and then throw a dart. Except for about two guys, the rest will produce about the same results, all things being equal. Now that doesn't mean that anyone off the street or from an internet forum can do the job; but the idea that some noteworthy difference exists in those who qualify is just anti-empirical. Luck (including compatibility with the contributing players) matters. All the guy of which I speak have the same knowledge, the same bag of tricks, even nearly the same temperments. Oh well, in truth, reality biases are not as much fun as fictions.

Couldn't agree more with this. Outside of a few names on either end of the spectrum (great or horrible) it really doesn't matter a ton.

Yep, there are impressions based upon biased perceptions and their is evidence. Our position, Luke, is based upon the latter. But it is not as much fun as pretending that the next coach is the magic one. Thus the only thing I recommend is not bringing back Larry Krys... (but to some here he also had that magic, even though he really lacked an understanding of some basics of the pro game).
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#68 » by wichmae » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:43 pm

Mike Budenholzer.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#69 » by Run-MKE 311 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:08 pm

Sloan would never come here, let's just get that out of the way right now, he may see another shot at the Laker job. There is nothing about this team and/or organization which would lure a "name" to this opportunity. With that said, I would not at all mind a look at Sampson, something along those lines would make sense. Pair a sharp young/up n' coming coach with a young team and you never know.

Nice to have room for positive speculation though!
Ball so hard.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#70 » by chonestown » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:11 pm

It's time to CTC* and bring back Nellie.

*CTC = springing for a sixer of Jacob's Best for each postgame presser
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#71 » by emunney » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:32 pm

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#72 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:57 pm

Run-MKE 311 wrote:Sloan would never come here, let's just get that out of the way right now, he may see another shot at the Laker job. There is nothing about this team and/or organization which would lure a "name" to this opportunity. With that said, I would not at all mind a look at Sampson, something along those lines would make sense. Pair a sharp young/up n' coming coach with a young team and you never know.

Nice to have room for positive speculation though!

Money talks though. I think George Karl is a good example of that. He was one of the top names available in the late 90's, Milwaukee was relevant in anything since the early 90's, Kohl gave him a big contract and in came Karl.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#73 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:30 pm

Epicurus wrote:Reading these threads on coaching is like being on the set of "Groundhog Day". Get a list of the 100 or so persons in the wolrld who have significant NBA sideline experience and then throw a dart. Except for about two guys, the rest will produce about the same results, all things being equal. Now that doesn't mean that anyone off the street or from an internet forum can do the job; but the idea that some noteworthy difference exists in those who qualify is just anti-empirical. Luck (including compatibility with the contributing players) matters. All the guy of which I speak have the same knowledge, the same bag of tricks, even nearly the same temperments. Oh well, in truth, reality biases are not as much fun as fictions.

Yep. Totally agree.
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#74 » by Cold Crush 24 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:37 pm

Mike Brown.
Finals in 2017
zjl3
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#75 » by zjl3 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:54 am

Here is my "wish list" for next year:

1) Brian Shaw- has lots of NBA/assistant coaching experience, somebody has to give him a shot
2) Quin Snyder - a finalist for the Bobcats position, he is very smart and has experience coaching in the NCAA, NBA, D-League, and EuroLeague. Seems very well qualified.
3) Mo Cheeks - if Terry Stotts can get three head coaching gigs, so can he
4) Jack Sikma - has been assistant coaching for a while and has had tons of success as a Bucks player
5) Avery Johnson/Sam Mitchell - both won NBA Head Coaching Awards and were decent players not too long ago (and Mitchell has Bucks ties)
6) Herb Williams - has tons of experience, why not give him a shot?
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 10

Post#76 » by EzeDoesIt » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:48 am

Anyone else find it funny that Phil Jackson released his 'no intention of ever coaching again' statement the same day that our HC position opened up? Lol
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,789

Post#77 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:15 am

Here's what worries me. By keeping Boylan for the remainder of the season, I worry we're gonna miss out on some of these candidates. At seasons end when other teams are firing their coaches, competition for these guys is gonna be much worse.

My favorites right now are Sampson, Joerger and Shaw. Or see what Paul Mokeski is up to nowadays. F it.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#78 » by DanoMac » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:17 am

zjl3 wrote:Here is my "wish list" for next year:

1) Brian Shaw- has lots of NBA/assistant coaching experience, somebody has to give him a shot
2) Quin Snyder - a finalist for the Bobcats position, he is very smart and has experience coaching in the NCAA, NBA, D-League, and EuroLeague. Seems very well qualified.
3) Mo Cheeks - if Terry Stotts can get three head coaching gigs, so can he
4) Jack Sikma - has been assistant coaching for a while and has had tons of success as a Bucks player
5) Avery Johnson/Sam Mitchell - both won NBA Head Coaching Awards and were decent players not too long ago (and Mitchell has Bucks ties)
6) Herb Williams - has tons of experience, why not give him a shot?

Absolutely, 100% NO to Sam Mitchell. Good Lord.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#79 » by ampd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:42 am

Is shaw a triangle guy? We don't really have the personnel for that if he is
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#80 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:26 pm

EzeDoesIt wrote:Anyone else find it funny that Phil Jackson released his 'no intention of ever coaching again' statement the same day that our HC position opened up? Lol

I know right. I don't think he ever cared for Milwaukee if I recall. In fact didn't he always let Frank Hamblen call the shots for the games against the Bucks? I mean Phil was on the sidelines but I thought he made the comment once that he let Hamblen do this game. And I forgot if Phil refered to us or Sacramento "cow town".

Return to Milwaukee Bucks