ImageImage

BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: BREAKING: Bucks/Skiles part ways 

Post#341 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:14 am

From the sounds of the bulls fans in this thread, Boylan is even worse then Skiles, but he was pretty good with giving the young players some burn. That's great for us because our young guys will get PT hopefully, and we can end up with a decent draft pick.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#342 » by Epicurus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:15 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.

Won't laughter cause another injury?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#343 » by europa » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:15 am

paul wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Sidenote - Where's paul been?

Retired about a month ago, got sick of being dismissed as a bitter GS fan every time someone disagreed with my opinion. Just called in when I heard the Skiles news.

BogutLover
Nothing will not break me.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#344 » by paul » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:18 am

europa wrote:
paul wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Sidenote - Where's paul been?

Retired about a month ago, got sick of being dismissed as a bitter GS fan every time someone disagreed with my opinion. Just called in when I heard the Skiles news.

BogutLover

See, told you. :D

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I wonder how long Bogut was laughing when he heard about this news today.

A breakup was definitely needed and looks like it's worked out great for him if he ever gets back on the court but I'd be interested to get his take on it - if not for Skiles I'd say 99% he's still a Buck.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#345 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:23 am

Was my first thought to being a Bogut fan. I wonder if he called up SJAX and had a chuckle with him too.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#346 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:32 am

blazza18 wrote:

Was my first thought to being a Bogut fan. I wonder if he called up SJAX and had a chuckle with him too.

Not long, his ankle acted up when he laughed.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#347 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:35 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

Not long, his ankle acted up when he laughed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BuckPack
Starter
And1: 802

Post#348 » by BuckPack » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:52 am

randy84 wrote:Have any of the insiders heard that it was Skiles that quit?

The rumor is that Skiles came to Hammond yesterday and said he wanted out and that it took all day for Kohl to OK it.

Anyone else hear this?

Skiles sure wasn't fired.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#349 » by kebzach » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:55 am

BuckPack wrote:
randy84 wrote:Have any of the insiders heard that it was Skiles that quit?

The rumor is that Skiles came to Hammond yesterday and said he wanted out and that it took all day for Kohl to OK it.

Anyone else hear this?

Skiles sure wasn't fired.

I too heard that it wasn't a straight up firing.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#350 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:09 am

Bulls fans are concerned that we are in the market now for a top lotto pick....

Red Larrivee wrote:Boylans going to giftwrap them Shabazz
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#351 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:10 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Bulls fans are concerned that we are in the market now for a top lotto pick....

Red Larrivee wrote:Boylans going to giftwrap them Shabazz

They don't know our FO like we do. 10th seed here we come.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#352 » by kebzach » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:12 am

DrugBust wrote:If you're looking for the definitive national media piece on this team, Zach Lowe at Grantland nails it.

Nails it and then some. The headline says it all. And props to Zach Lowe for calling Jennings as he really is.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#353 » by SkilesTheLimit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:01 am

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/co ... 07301.html

Jennings was not happy with the way he found out about Skiles' departure Monday night.

"I mean, the team didn't tell me. Scott told me," Jennings said. "I think that's why I was a little frustrated at first - just the fact that I had to hear it from my own coach and not from the team. If I'm supposed to be the franchise player, why don't I hear the news first?
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#354 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:09 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/contract-situation-with-bucks-played-role-in-skiles-departure-eu8a3oq-186107301.html

Jennings was not happy with the way he found out about Skiles' departure Monday night.

"I mean, the team didn't tell me. Scott told me," Jennings said. "I think that's why I was a little frustrated at first - just the fact that I had to hear it from my own coach and not from the team. If I'm supposed to be the franchise player, why don't I hear the news first?

Sweet. The guy who has one good game out of every four games thinks he's franchise player material. :-?
paul
RealGM

Post#355 » by paul » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:19 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/contract-situation-with-bucks-played-role-in-skiles-departure-eu8a3oq-186107301.html

Jennings attitude is for sh*t. If you want to be the franchise start playing like something other than crap in 50% of your games, otherwise STFU prima donna.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#356 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:46 am

paul wrote:

Jennings attitude is for sh*t. If you want to be the franchise start playing like something other than crap in 50% of your games, otherwise STFU prima donna.

Says the Bogut fan.

(Had to)
paul
RealGM

Post#357 » by paul » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:51 am

GrendonJennings wrote:
paul wrote:

Says the Bogut fan.

(Had to)

Yep, Bogut often publicly whined about the franchise not giving him no damn respect...

Wait, hang on, somethings coming to me...
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#358 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:16 pm

Well in the Bucks' defense if one of Skiles' first calls right after it happened was to BJ3, it doesn't leave the Bucks much of a window as Johnny Mac would say. Plus the Bucks do have to get in order to prepare for the media, prep statements, etc. If it was Tuesday morning and BJ3 found out, then I could definitely see it. But it sounded like Skiles called him almost after it happened. I don't know if this will end up being a big deal.

He did come out and have one of his better games last night, so we'll see how it goes. I didn't hear him complain or even mention Skiles in his post game interview with Telly.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#359 » by unklchuk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:31 pm

Any chance Skiles made that call to Jennings 'cuz he'd like his new team (whichever that is) to get consideration?

I see signs that Jennings is maturing. Gradually. But he starts as a Lone Ranger with a natural focus on self. His "auditioning for the league" suggests that he feels he will have to and can do it alone.

That could evolve in any direction. Decide he has a home in Milwaukee. Or go for the bright lights. Or convince himself that another offer provides a home.

Hope the Bucks handle this just right.
AFAIK, IDKM
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,821

Post#360 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:56 pm

The only way I see Jennings mad if skiles was fired and he felt he should've been asked if he wanted Skiles back after the season. It's not like he learned the news from ESPN. I think he was more pissed on lack of input that being told right away.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks