Woj: Phoenix in talks to acquire Rudy Gay

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Woj: Phoenix in talks to acquire Rudy Gay 

Post#101 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:06 am

if all there looking for is dudley, detroit offers Tay prince
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#102 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:10 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Jodi wrote:If Rudy Gay is traded to a team like the Suns, Kings, or any lottery team he would average over 20pts game...The Grizzlies system doesn't fit Rudy that's why he hasn't shown any growth...

This is complete and utter nonsense. The Grizzlies have been BUILDING AROUND GAY since they drafted him! He's had a green light to shoot whatever and whenever he wants since the first time he put on a Grizzlies uniform. Don't give me that "oh he'd average a ton more if he was on some other team" garbage argument. There's zero evidence to prove it.

GB meet jodi, Jodi meet the GB
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#103 » by The J Rocka » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:13 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:if all there looking for is dudley, detroit offers Tay prince

Dudley is a wayyy better option than Prince.
WhamBamSlamm
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#104 » by WhamBamSlamm » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:19 am

Looks like Sarver and Babby/Blanks are seeing the fire sale that is about to come in Milwaukee and wants to make sure their Suns are the top of the list in regards to "threadmill teams" and compete for their beloved 8th seed maybe this year and forever.

Pathetic.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,182

Post#105 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:19 am

Trade makes a whole lot of sense for the Grizzles. They lose a little wing athleticism but they add a equally, if not better defensive player, and the main thing is they can space the floor a lot better with his three point shooting (which is much needed when you have Z Bo and Gasol occupying so much room in the paint).

Not sure what direction the Suns are going though. He isnt really worth the cap hit. You're basically saying that you're going to build around him if you make the trade. And isn't even close to being an all-star let alone a franchise player.
WhamBamSlamm
Freshman

Post#106 » by WhamBamSlamm » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:22 am

Simba248 wrote:Trade makes a whole lot of sense for the Grizzles. They lose a little wing athleticism but they add a equally, if not better defensive player, and the main thing is they can space the floor a lot better with his three point shooting (which is much needed when you have Z Bo and Gasol occupying so much room in the paint).

Not sure what direction the Suns are going though. He isnt really worth the cap hit. You're basically saying that you're going to build around him if you make the trade. And isn't even close to being an all-star let alone a franchise player.

8th seed
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#107 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:24 am

It's Rudy Gay, not Kevin Durant.
WhamBamSlamm
Freshman

Post#108 » by WhamBamSlamm » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:26 am

Simba248 wrote:It's Rudy Gay, not Kevin Durant.

that's the point. It's not a superstar the Suns are willing to give up solid assets such as Dudley and picks for, if it were a superstar Suns fans would not be heavily against it. The Suns FO knows that they are on the last year of their deals, and Sarver sees all the empty seats and lack of care given about his team in the Phoenix-area, that he is willing to "make a run at the 8th seed" by getting a good player with a terrible contract just to act like they are doing something for the casuals.

Typical no-direction, threadmill, no hope Suns move...
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#109 » by sunskerr » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:27 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg[/youtube]
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#110 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:32 am

Dudley plays lot of minutes on one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, Gay plays of lot of minutes on THE best defensive team in the NBA.

I'd say Gay is the better defender.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#111 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:35 am

Marvin Martian wrote:Dudley plays lot of minutes on one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, Gay plays of lot of minutes on THE best defensive team in the NBA.

That's the worst logic I've ever heard.
WhamBamSlamm
Freshman

Post#112 » by WhamBamSlamm » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:36 am

Marvin Martian wrote:Dudley plays lot of minutes on one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, Gay plays of lot of minutes on THE best defensive team in the NBA.

Anyone saying Gay is the better defender, hell player is out of their mind. But what many people are saying is that Gay is not $12m better than Dudley, especially for a Suns team that currently has no direction but mediocrity and that Gay would just make worse in that regard.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Post#113 » by Mk0 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:41 am

Who is the idiot in charge of the Suns? Unless they dump SuperCoolBeas they are making a big mistake. You don't take on Rudy's contract without dumping your own garbage.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Post#114 » by Mk0 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:43 am

Jodi wrote:A lot of people here are either young or just dumb...Gay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dudley, it's not even close...Dudley is a role player that shouldn't even be starting while Gay is top 5 SF in the league...Lets get serious...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InuM6V5WDaI[/youtube]
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#115 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:23 am

WhamBamSlamm wrote:

Anyone saying Gay is the better defender, hell player is out of their mind. But what many people are saying is that Gay is not $12m better than Dudley, especially for a Suns team that currently has no direction but mediocrity and that Gay would just make worse in that regard.

In that case i agree, but I seriously disagree with the claim that Dudley is a better player than Gay. People need to stop championing role players. This reminds me of the time Kobe got hurt at the end of last season and all of the Lakers stats from offense to defense went up. Does that mean that the Lakers are better off without Kobe?
YFZblu
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Post#116 » by YFZblu » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:25 am

I don't really know where the Suns are going with this. Random note: Only one player (Dragic) on the Suns is playing 32MPG, and that's the highest on the team. Gentry and co. are really annoying me with this. The Suns aren't talented enough to share the minutes like that....ugh I digress.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#117 » by ferk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:48 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Jodi wrote:If Rudy Gay is traded to a team like the Suns, Kings, or any lottery team he would average over 20pts game...The Grizzlies system doesn't fit Rudy that's why he hasn't shown any growth...

This is complete and utter nonsense. The Grizzlies have been BUILDING AROUND GAY since they drafted him! He's had a green light to shoot whatever and whenever hewants since the first time he put on a Grizzlies uniform. Don't give me that "oh he'd average a ton more if he was on some other team" garbage argument. There's zero evidence to prove it.

You don't get it Rudy gay has had better seasons already!
He's only 26 he can still improve infact he has improved this year. Ye sgtarted real bad!

He is not the same player he's always been he's having a down year.
You also this Demar is better than Rudy
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#118 » by Jodi » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:41 am

The J Rocka wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:if all there looking for is dudley, detroit offers Tay prince

Dudley is a wayyy better option than Prince.

I come home from the weight room and this is what I see... :noway: Blkbrd, I think I'm done here...
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#119 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am

Based on the GB, it looks like a package of Jared Dudley and Avery Bradley could land Lebron...he is a decent role player. The Griz might as well go Afflalo.
ClayDavis
Head Coach
And1: 104

Post#120 » by ClayDavis » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:53 am

YFZblu wrote:I don't really know where the Suns are going with this. Random note: Only one player (Dragic) on the Suns is playing 32MPG, and that's the highest on the team. Gentry and co. are really annoying me with this. The Suns aren't talented enough to share the minutes like that....ugh I digress.

i think they cant beg people to sign there so maybe they just want to do it via trade

Return to The General Board