ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: KG insults Melo's wife - Melo goes to C's locker room

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

toast
Pro Prospect
And1: 262

Re: OT: KG insults Melo's wife - Melo goes to C's locker roo 

Post#201 » by toast » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:12 am

I hate to agree with HP but really the only way to deal with trash talk is to ignore it or reply with better trash talk. Once you let any action of a bully like KG get into your head it just sets you up for permanent bully status. Here is the proper response Melo should have done.

Option A
KG: Your wife taste like honey nut cheerios
Melo: I know she is sweet as hell. Your wife tastes like &%*ing oatmeal. Your mother on the other hand is puuuure sugar.

Option B
KG: Your wife tastes like honey nut cheerios
Melo: (says nothing until he scores on KG) How'd that taste?

Option C
Nothing

Option F-
flip out and go screaming like an 8 year old saying you can't say that about my wife.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#202 » by fredericklove » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:20 am

Option C is what Andrea would mostly do.
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 118
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#203 » by kmatrixg » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:20 am

fredericklove wrote:Calling Lala a honey nut cheerio? Wow...I wonder what Lamar would do if KG calls Khloe a white chocolate cookies and cream?

I don't think KG has to worry about dismantling Lamar. He does that on his own.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,223

Post#204 » by Shaazzam » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:29 am

What a poom poom.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#205 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:48 am

I'm gonna be sad when KG retires.
Sohogrand
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#206 » by Sohogrand » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:53 am

toast wrote:I hate to agree with HP but really the only way to deal with trash talk is to ignore it or reply with better trash talk. Once you let any action of a bully like KG get into your head it just sets you up for permanent bully status. Here is the proper response Melo should have done.

Option A
Melo: I know she is sweet as hell. Your wife tastes like &%*ing oatmeal. Your mother on the other hand is puuuure sugar.

Option B

Option C
Nothing

Option F-
flip out and go screaming like an 8 year old saying you can't say that about my wife.

this man is a voice of wisdom
TheWire
Senior
And1: 889

Post#207 » by TheWire » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:12 am

Melos wife is a light skin sweetie
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#208 » by Chaos Engine » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:36 am

TheWire wrote:Melos wife is a light skin sweetie

She looks good, but for some she isn't a high class women. :lol: :wink: I see you fredrick.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#209 » by JV4MVP » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:10 am

A lot of posters here just hate Carmelo so they're supporting KG.

If this was said to a likable guy such as Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, etc. and he reacted similarly then I bet that people here would comment how it was justified and how classless Garnett is.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#210 » by JunkYardSubs » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:10 am

toast wrote:I hate to agree with HP but really the only way to deal with trash talk is to ignore it or reply with better trash talk. Once you let any action of a bully like KG get into your head it just sets you up for permanent bully status. Here is the proper response Melo should have done.

Option A

Option B

Option C
Nothing

Option F-

:lol:
Mikestro
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#211 » by Mikestro » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:31 am

Option A

Option B

Option C
Nothing

Option F-

QFT.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,425

Post#212 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:08 am

Like toast's options, but as with so much in life, a lot of time and effort can be saved by mastering the skill of the single eyebrow arch.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#213 » by Greg Stink » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:18 am

I used to love to hate Reggie Miller way back. Garnett just makes me wonder why he's still alive.
EG73
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#214 » by EG73 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:21 am

Some posters seems to think trash talking is not 'unsportsmanship', and that reacting at trash talking is a sign of mental weakness.
I disagree. I may be the devil advocate (in this case: god advocate), but I think trash talking :
- has nothing to do with toughness
- completely 'unsportsmanship' (I don't know if that word exist)
- shouldn't be allowed in the NBA
"But the thing is, maybe I do want to wake up one morning and say, `Baby, let's go to the Bahamas. Today.' That costs money. So what if I want to do that?
MJ
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,425

Post#215 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:30 am

EG73 wrote:Some posters seems to think trash talking is not 'unsportsmanship', and that reacting at trash talking is a sign of mental weakness.
I disagree. I may be the devil advocate (in this case: god advocate), but I think trash talking :
- has nothing to do with toughness
- completely 'unsportsmanship' (I don't know if that word exist)
- shouldn't be allowed in the NBA

I think you are conflating issues. Trash talking isn't tough, but not knowing how to deal with it is a weakness. It's there...if you play sports enough, you're going to have to know how to deal with it.

Some guys trashtalk to get to you, some just do it to pump themselves up and getting to you would just be a bonus..but there are always going to be guys who do it, and if you don't handle it, you're costing your team.

As far as not allowing it, that would be pretty hard to mandate. And besides, the refs have enough trouble implementing the rules. Playing recess monitor on top would be a bit much.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,934

Post#216 » by EH15 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:40 am

Harry Palmer wrote:Like toast's options, but as with so much in life, a lot of time and effort can be saved by mastering the People's Eyebrow.

Fixed
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#217 » by redeye514 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:44 am

Regression2u wrote:A lot of posters here just hate Carmelo so they're supporting KG.

If this was said to a likable guy such as Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, etc. and he reacted similarly then I bet that people here would comment how it was justified and how classless Garnett is.

Yep.

I don't care about the Melo situation specifically, but generally speaking, Garnett is by far one of the most annoying personalities in sports. How anyone can take him seriously, or call him 'tough' is beyond me.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,490

Post#218 » by bboyskinnylegs » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:45 am

so I guess that means Melo's caliper score is low ... good thing BC looks for this kind of stuff when evaluating players.
EG73
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#219 » by EG73 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:55 am

tracey_nice wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:Or is there something called a brain which makes decisions for us, based on cost/benefit?

WHAT IS THE COST OF POSTING ON THE INTERNET IN A HOUSE FULL OF MODELS?

Tracey nice: your post reminds me Garnett: caplocked barking, away from threats, in front of your computer.

I agree with HP: We should make the decision based on cost/benefit, And a little bit independantly of the reason why we have to make a decision.
But I don't think most NBA players have the maturity to always apply this rule, especially during an intense event.
And even me (who are against violence and even more against trash talking, and older than NBA players), I think the best reaction to KG trash talk is completely ignoring him or laughing at him, and the second best reaction would be to physically attacking him. About a fight with KG: the cost/benefit wouldn't be bad: maybe a ssupension, but better reputation, and maybe changing KG behavior.
PS : one poster wrote in this thread that 'Raptors are stuck with soft players like Calderon...'. Ironically, Calderon was one who showed he was not afraid of Garnett.
"But the thing is, maybe I do want to wake up one morning and say, `Baby, let's go to the Bahamas. Today.' That costs money. So what if I want to do that?
MJ
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#220 » by Sn0wman » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:03 am

I'm just surprised at how KG literally mind f***** Melo, made him miss so many shots, and then had him running around the building. Now that's how you get into someones head

Return to Toronto Raptors