ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN 

Post#321 » by makeitstop » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:20 am

(Ducks in...)

Please. Martial law.

If you're gonna be so scared of it, at least spell it right.

(Ducks back out, because I've heard this discussion too many times on every other site on the internet. Back to Kenyon Martin.)
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#322 » by johnnywishbone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:23 am

AndroidMan wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:
NEWS FLASH - we fought this war called the "Cold War" with the a country called the "Soviet Union". It was called the "Cold" war because hositilities were fought in proxy, through espionage and diplomacy. The Soviet Union fell apart over twenty years ago so they are not a threat anymore. But in JFK's day the Soviet Union was a clear and present danger to the US and they were spying on us. So JFK is asking the press not to release information that could tell our former enemies of our counter espionage efforts. And he tells them to use their best judgement -

JFK 14:30 wrote:All I ask - is it in the interest of national security [to release this information]?

Is that why he(JFK) is opposed to secret societies and secret handshakes as he states in the video. Or that he wants us to be free and independent as we were meant to be. I can't believe you attempt to explain the cold war. You're a clown. I could run circles around you in US history. Don't even attempt to come at me.

STFU. You aint **** and you don't know nothing. Don't run your mouth at me boy.

That video couldn't be anymore clear. JFK is talking about the Soviet Union. The introduction is about Marx, he is talking about some current event - not sure what but probably something to do with the Cuban missile crisis and he is asking the press to be sensitive about the information that post if it hampers the war effort - even if war isn't officially declared in this case. That's all it's about.
Play time is over.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#323 » by johnnywishbone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:23 am

AndroidMan wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:
NEWS FLASH - we fought this war called the "Cold War" with the a country called the "Soviet Union". It was called the "Cold" war because hositilities were fought in proxy, through espionage and diplomacy. The Soviet Union fell apart over twenty years ago so they are not a threat anymore. But in JFK's day the Soviet Union was a clear and present danger to the US and they were spying on us. So JFK is asking the press not to release information that could tell our former enemies of our counter espionage efforts. And he tells them to use their best judgement -

JFK 14:30 wrote:All I ask - is it in the interest of national security [to release this information]?

Is that why he(JFK) is opposed to secret societies and secret handshakes as he states in the video. Or that he wants us to be free and independent as we were meant to be. I can't believe you attempt to explain the cold war. You're a clown. I could run circles around you in US history. Don't even attempt to come at me.

STFU. You aint **** and you don't know nothing. Don't run your mouth at me boy.

That video couldn't be anymore clear. JFK is talking about the Soviet Union. The introduction is about Marx, he is talking about some current event - not sure what but probably something to do with the Cuban missile crisis and he is asking the press to be sensitive about the information that post if it hampers the war effort - even if war isn't officially declared in this case. That's all it's about.
Play time is over.
aj49689
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#324 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:25 am

johnnywishbone wrote:

NAH, I don't think so. His speech saying many different things. Your opinion, but I guess it goes both ways. We will see what the next 4 years are like in the world and the future beyond that holds. We will see if any major wars happen here in America. If one does I hope you and your family can prepare in time, I also hope it don't happen. Just the same as my rights for personal beliefs and my right to bare arms shouldn't be taken away from me. I hope that we all will live in a better world one day, only time will tell how things are going work out. Peace
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.

CARROT SOUP!
aj49689
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#325 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:28 am

makeitstop wrote:(Ducks in...)

Please. Martial law.

If you're gonna be so scared of it, at least spell it right.

(Ducks back out, because I've heard this discussion too many times on every other site on the internet. Back to Kenyon Martin.)

That one is my fault, I tend to be in a rush when typing and don't like to over look my mistakes as much as I should. Always on to the next post to respond in time. But your right, Martial Law, not marshal law. Don't know why I spell it like that sometimes, I guess i need to go back to school.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.

CARROT SOUP!
AndroidMan
Veteran
And1: 262

Post#326 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:30 am

johnnywishbone wrote:STFU. You aint **** and you don't know nothing. Don't run your mouth at me boy.

Lol. U Mad. This is hilarity at its best. I love how things you didn't know about till a few hours ago, you are now an expert on. I'd continue with you, but I enjoy observing your arrogance to know things right off the bat. In all likelihood, you just cherry pick what you want to believe. It's all good. I now know what to expect from you. I thought you were about average intelligence, but I now have a better grasp that I rated you way too highly, as even below average intelligence would be too favorable to describe you.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#327 » by johnnywishbone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:39 am

AndroidMan wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:STFU. You aint **** and you don't know nothing. Don't run your mouth at me boy.

Lol. U Mad. This is hilarity at its best. I love how things you didn't know about till a few hours ago, you are now an expert on. I'd continue with you, but I enjoy observing your arrogance to know things right off the bat. In all likelihood, you just cherry pick what you want to believe. It's all good. I know now what to expect from you. I thought you were about average intelligence, but I now have a better grasp that I rated you way too highly, as even below average intelligence would be too favorable to describe you.

Watch out for those lasers numb nuts. And don't go outside because the President might have seen this conversation and he'll turn the weather on you.
Play time is over.
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#328 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:42 am

johnnywishbone wrote:Watch out for those lasers numb nuts. And don't go outside because the President might have seen this conversation and he'll turn the weather on you.

ok, but before I go, I was trying to understand more about Polynomial time approximation schemes and dynamic programming in Computer Science. Since you grasp things so quickly, can you please take 10 minutes to look at it and tell me what it's all about? Thanks.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#329 » by johnnywishbone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:46 am

AndroidMan wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:Watch out for those lasers numb nuts. And don't go outside because the President might have seen this conversation and he'll turn the weather on you.

ok, but before I go, I was trying to understand more about Polynomial time approximation schemes and dynamic programming in Computer Science. Since you grasp things so quickly, can you please take 10 minutes to look at it and tell me what it's all about? Thanks.

public static void main(String args[]) {
if(args[0].equalsIgnoreCase("Andoid Man")) {
System.out.println("BULL **** COMING -- SHUTTING DOWN SYSTEM.");
System.exit(0);
}
}

edit since you want dynamic

public static void main(Object args[]) {
if(args[0] instanceof AndoidMan)) {
System.exit(0);
}
}
Play time is over.
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#330 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:48 am

^^^^^

Nice. I'd probably join Android and Man together as AndroidMan otherwise your main won't be functionally correct, boy.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#331 » by J9Starks3 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:52 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:A simple question here. If we eradicate guns from the hands of citizens would there be no more gun murders committed by citizens yes or no?

No - even in the UK there is still gun violence and gun murders. Is it less than in the US, of course, but it is not 0.
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#332 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:55 am

What about using MapReduce. I apologize, but I was having difficulty understanding this. Please take a few minutes and explain it to me. It may be harder to explain then your 2 cent code piece, but give it a shot, I have faith in you.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#333 » by johnnywishbone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:56 am

AndroidMan wrote:^^^^^

Nice. I'd probably join Android and Man together as AndroidMan otherwise your main won't be functionally correct, boy.

Here you go:

if(args[0].equalsIgnoreCase("Andoid Man".replaceAll("\\s",""))) {
System.exit(0);
}
}
Play time is over.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#334 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:57 am

johnnywishbone wrote:

Here you go:

System.exit(0);
}
}

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#335 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:58 am

johnnywishbone wrote:

Here you go:

System.exit(0);
}
}

or you could just write it efficiently and not waste a call to replaceAll(). Why not just equalsIgnoreCase("AndoidMan") and be efficient.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#336 » by johnnywishbone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:04 am

AndroidMan wrote:What about using MapReduce. I apologize, but I was having difficulty understanding this. Please take a few minutes and explain it to me. It may be harder to explain then your 2 cent code piece, but give it a shot, I have faith in you.

I've never had to use it professionally. And i've been out of school for 20 years. But looking at the wikipedia page it looks like a system for analyzing large sets of data to see repeating patterns. The fact that Google uses it in there search is probably a function of them processing large amount of web pages to see reoccurring patterns of keywords.
Play time is over.
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#337 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:09 am

johnnywishbone wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:What about using MapReduce. I apologize, but I was having difficulty understanding this. Please take a few minutes and explain it to me. It may be harder to explain then your 2 cent code piece, but give it a shot, I have faith in you.

I've never had to use it professionally. And i've been out of school for 20 years. But looking at the wikipedia page it looks like a system for analyzing large sets of data to see repeating patterns. The fact that Google uses it in there search is probably a function of them processing large amount of web pages to see reoccurring patterns of keywords.

Ya that's the basics. Much tougher in practice, but Google definitely employs it while scanning the web. Getting it setup in a distributed environment is a bitch. You passed the Basic computer science test. I'd be a dick and ask you some astrophysics concept I don't even know about, but I'll leave it at that.
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#338 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:11 am

AndroidMan wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:

Here you go:

System.exit(0);
}
}

or you could just write it efficiently and not waste a call to replaceAll(). Why not just equalsIgnoreCase("AndoidMan") and be efficient.

neither your code or my suggestion would work. We both left out the R in AndroidMan. Fail on both of us.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#339 » by johnnywishbone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:13 am

AndroidMan wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:

Ya that's the basics. Much tougher in practice, but Google definitely employs it while scanning the web. Getting it setup in a distributed environment is a bitch. You passed the Basic computer science test. I'd be a dick and ask you some astrophysics concept I don't even know about, but I'll leave it at that.

Now my turn. Please describe the difference between inheritance and interface and when you would use one over the other.
Play time is over.
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#340 » by AndroidMan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:18 am

johnnywishbone wrote:
Now my turn. Please describe the difference between inheritance and interface and when you would use one over the other.

I believe inheritance you have to initialize some variables and methods, while interfaces are implemented, rather then instantiated. As for their usage, I believe interfaces are used when you don't know what the values of certain variables or parameters may be until runtime. Thereby you kind of implement on the fly.

You can also simulate multiple inheritance while using interfaces.

Return to New York Knicks