ImageImage

Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Player of the Game

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
49%
Larry Sanders
20%
Brandon Jennings
22%
Monta Ellis
2%
Mike Dunleavy
8%

Total votes: 65

mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks vs Heat (12/29) 

Post#21 » by mattg » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 am

Jennings doesn't get enough love on these boards for how little he turns the ball over. Playing 40+ mins with such a large role like he has and not turning it over is insane.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#22 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 am

mattg wrote:Jennings doesn't get enough love on these boards for how little he turns the ball over. Playing 40+ mins with such a large role like he has and not turning it over is insane.

To be fair, he doesn't have a lot of opportunities to turn it over. His pick and roll game is non existent, as is his drive and dish. All he does is swing the ball around the arc with the occasional pass into the open man. It's nice he's not a huge turnover machine, but when your point guard really doesn't do a whole lot to aid in setting up people that is just as big of a problem.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#23 » by 4xBuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
after tonight's game it does make me frustrated on all the obvious personnel moves we whiffed on or should have initiated over the last four years. That Bogut for Harden/Ibaka thing from two years ago, even if the Thunder just parted with Harden, which I think they would have easily done back then before they dealt for Perkins. Or Ramon/Potsie for Mike Conley or Ramon for Lee/Gallo or 18 million other moves.

Put Harden and Pau on this team and we are legit contenders. Obvious comment I realize, but not every team could just add those two guys and contend. I think we could.

Dang, why does every thread have to be a bitch fest?

The Bucks just whip the champs- hey, let’s bellyache & power whine about what maybe could have been- yay!

:roll:
verbalhologram
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#24 » by verbalhologram » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 am

Awesome game by the boys,so great to smash the Heat. I went with Larry in this one as his energy sparked us when we started to go into that 3rd quarter lull, close second Luc though.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#25 » by AussieBuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 am

Went with Luc for forcing Lebron into a few Kobe type rubbish shots in post ups. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Shinyhubcaps
Sixth Man
And1: 50

Post#26 » by Shinyhubcaps » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Luc, but wow to the steals by Jennings, Monta, and Dunleavy of all people, and a great all-around game by Larry. Just have to give everyone props in this one. Ersan and Ekpe were the only negative performers on the whole team.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#27 » by Max Green » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm

I voted for Jennings, but Luc did a awesome Job on Lebron and on the offensive end made Battier want to cry.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#28 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
mattg wrote:Jennings doesn't get enough love on these boards for how little he turns the ball over. Playing 40+ mins with such a large role like he has and not turning it over is insane.

To be fair, he doesn't have a lot of opportunities to turn it over. His pick and roll game is non existent, as is his drive and dish. All he does is swing the ball around the arc with the occasional pass into the open man. It's nice he's not a huge turnover machine, but when your point guard really doesn't do a whole lot to aid in setting up people that is just as big of a problem.

Your right about Jennings - he's not really the creator that Ellis is either. Although Ellis gets himself in trouble taking to far into the teeth of the defense, he does dish out a lot more easy under the basket layups then Jennings. I'm not saying Ellis is a PG either, just making that observation.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#29 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:Your right about Jennings - he's not really the creator that Ellis is either. Although Ellis gets himself in trouble taking to far into the teeth of the defense, he does dish out a lot more easy under the basket layups then Jennings. I'm not saying Ellis is a PG either, just making that observation.

Monta does all the things you want to see except executing. He can make a pretty pass but it rarely lands where he thinks it's going to. He has the vision and ability to do it, but he just can't for some reason.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#30 » by AussieBuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Assists at rim:
Monta 2.7
Jennings 2.6

Huge difference.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#31 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Assists at rim:
Monta 2.7
Jennings 2.6

Huge difference.

It would be nice to see the turnover counterpart to that. I'd bet Monta's would be up near 2 where Jennings would be almost non existent. He doesn't turn it over much when he gets in there, now being blocked on the other hand...
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,703

Post#32 » by Serge28 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:40 am

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute becomes the 8th player to snag POG in 16 wins this year:

Player of the Year

Brandon Jennings: 4.5

Larry Sanders: 3

Monta Ellis: 2.5

Ersan Ilyasova: 2

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute: 1

Marquis Daniels: 1

Mike Dunleavy: 1

Samuel Dalembert: 1

Return to Milwaukee Bucks