ImageImage

PG: Boylan first Bucks coach to win debut since 2007

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: PG: Boylan first Bucks coach to win debut since 2007 

Post#21 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:40 am

Brandon played good, hopefully he can put together a couple good months of basketball for the rest of the season.

Our frontcourt is pretty much set, got starters for the future and good depth. Like everyone else says, if we get rid of Monta I'm pretty excited about the future of this team.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#22 » by ReddWing » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:41 am

I don't know why Sparky is angry. Skiles didn't want to be here and his heart wasn't in it.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#23 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

Nice to have a C that can run the floor. That one handed oop was sick.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#24 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

ReddWing wrote:I don't know why Sparky is angry. Skiles didn't want to be here and his heart wasn't in it.

A couple weeks back after the Nets game I was listening to Sparky and he was supporting Skiles b/c he is not convinced we're going to get a better coach than him if he was fired. Well now that he's officially gone, he's probably not thrilled with the move so losing his mind.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#25 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

ReddWing wrote:I don't know why Sparky is angry. Skiles didn't want to be here and his heart wasn't in it.

He's more upset that Herb Kohl kept Hammond and that ultimately the team goes nowhere until Kohl sells or empowers a high quality GM. Wants to keep fans grounded that we've been through the "new coach" will turn things around story in Milwaukee many times. And it always ends the same way.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#26 » by step3profit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am

the only thing sparky ever gets right is being passionate about Milwaukee having an NBA franchise.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#27 » by ampd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am

listening to Boylan post game, he may not be the coach Skiles is, but you can tell his attitude is a million times more positive and the players seemed a lot more relaxed.
step3profit
Analyst

Post#28 » by step3profit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:46 am

and that he wants Monta gone, I can get behind that as well.
ampd
RealGM

Post#29 » by ampd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:47 am

CanadaBucks wrote:Nice to have a C that can run the floor. That one handed oop was sick.

Jennings is actually a decent lob passer, if we actually ran an offense, perhaps we could use that somehow
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#30 » by BigDoggyStyle » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:49 am

Get Monta off this team, and we may have something at least worth watching. Tonight was a nice preview. Without Monta sucking, it would've been a near perfect game.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#31 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 am

ampd wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Nice to have a C that can run the floor. That one handed oop was sick.

Jennings is actually a decent lob passer, if we actually ran an offense, perhaps we could use that somehow

I'd pretty much argue most lobs come off penetration by your PG, someone Jennings is not good at. Our offense is a problem, but that may also be on Jennings just as much as anyone.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#32 » by ReddWing » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 am

I'd agree with Sparky but Skiles wanted nothing to do with this team. He had to go.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#33 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:52 am

I'm going to the game on Sunday so I'm getting pumped for that, hopefully the 2 games in between don't dampen my enthusiasm.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#34 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:53 am

Was Boylan sober tonight? His face is usually red. Literally. Not tonight though.

Really happy with the final product although we started out disjointed a bit. Love the starting lineup. I always like the chemistry and passing between Moute and Ersan. Those two always work well together.

Sanders was beasting tonight. He's definitely going to continue to get himself in trouble with his flair. Rocking the rim tonight should've easily been a tech. When he put his hand up after that one block sailed into the stands it kind of looked like he was saluting.

I kind of want to nickname him "The Captain"

John Henson was fantastic. Kid just has a ton of basketball talent. Was really happy to watch him and Larry share the floor at the end of the first quarter. Jennings was finding them both for alley ooops above the rim. Can't remember the last time the Bucks had frontcourt players that could play like that. Plus Henson has got post moves. He's the one that can really open things up for shooters. Get Tobias out there too and it might actually look like the Bucks have some action in the post on offense.

Hopefully the Bucks continue to share the ball and play defense.

Tomorrow night will be Boylan's Revenge!
step3profit
Analyst

Post#35 » by step3profit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:54 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd pretty much argue most lobs come off penetration by your PG, someone Jennings is not good at. Our offense is a problem, but that may also be on Jennings just as much as anyone.

I think more are on the fast break than off penetration. I've always been surprised we don't see more of them with all the blocking the team has.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#36 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:04 am

step3profit wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd pretty much argue most lobs come off penetration by your PG, someone Jennings is not good at. Our offense is a problem, but that may also be on Jennings just as much as anyone.

I think more are on the fast break than off penetration. I've always been surprised we don't see more of them with all the blocking the team has.

Well sure fastbreaks are a part, but he always brings up how we'd see all these lobs if we ran an offense. Fastbreaks really aren't part of your X's and O's offense unless you run something like Golden State for a while. Lobs from your offense like you see in LA come from pick and rolls or penetration by your point guard, two huge holes in Jennings' game.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#37 » by bigkurty » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:04 am

What is scary is that Monta seems to be gradually getting worse this season. If we plan on trading him, we better do it soon before his value keeps getting lower.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#38 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:07 am

Yeah, agree with Baddy. The reason lobs work is because of the PG. Go back to that Clippers game. Chris Paul comes into the lane and causes absolute mayhem as the defense comes out to stop him. It then frees Blake and Jordan to roll to the hoop. And Paul hits them with perfect passes.

Until Jennings learns how to enter the top of the key on the dribble and stay under control, we won't have the lob be a major weapon for our team.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ampd
RealGM

Post#39 » by ampd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:13 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Yeah, agree with Baddy. The reason lobs work is because of the PG. Go back to that Clippers game. Chris Paul comes into the lane and causes absolute mayhem as the defense comes out to stop him. It then frees Blake and Jordan to roll to the hoop. And Paul hits them with perfect passes.

Until Jennings learns how to enter the top of the key on the dribble and stay under control, we won't have the lob be a major weapon for our team.

I don't expect Jennings to become Chris Paul, and i'm definitely not saying that we ought to expect anything like what the Clippers do. But I do think that with some structure to the offense Jennings might be able to benefit a bit since he would know what to expect in some situations which could at least theoretically improve his decision making.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#40 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

So begins the post-firing bump in play. I'll check back in two weeks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks