Nash just touched a ref complaining about a call

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Dr Pepper
Assistant Coach
And1: 338

Re: Nash just touched a ref complaining about a call 

Post#21 » by Dr Pepper » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

History, intent, and biases unfortunately play a factor - it's really up to the ref's/league's discretion like technicals. Sheed got a technical for staring at a ref, Tim Duncan got ejected for laughing on the bench, Dwight got called for a FT violation for taking to long to shoot, and etc. Nash was calm and is a class act so the refs aren't going to call him for pulling a Rondo
Kobe vs MJ "Clone Wars" NBA.com video:

Frosty wrote:Funny this is called Clone Wars because Kobe is like the second installment of the Star Wars series. It looked like Star Wars but came up short. But it did appeal to the kiddies.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#22 » by jwise44 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am

nashs wasn't NEAR as bad as turks

play was suspended, and they were walking calmly and talking and nash put his hand on his shoulder

i actually made a joke about it in the rockets game thread because i assumed someone would make a thread about this
r3demption
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#23 » by r3demption » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:46 am

hedo got one for some bs . Rules are rules you get suspended for touching them . Since it is the lakers nothing will happen
pross
Veteran
And1: 174

Post#24 » by pross » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:47 am

darth_federer wrote:LIke it or not they look at past history. Rondo has a disciplinary history (whether or not you agree with the punishments is irrelevant). Nash doesn't.

The NBA will be reviewing the tape and if they find it is not intimidating they will give Nash the benefit of the doubt

What a load of hog wash. This indimidating stuff is crap. Rondo was joking with the ref which was backed up by the referee himself. If you suspend Rondo for joking with a referee and touching him then you have to suspend Nash who was actually complaining to the ref and touched him. Neither deserves it, but that's the letter of the law.
kimbobrand28
Senior
And1: 47

Post#25 » by kimbobrand28 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgwewDrvivQ[/youtube]
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#26 » by SweetTouch » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:48 am

It depends

If the nba calls Nash will he not answer the calls for two days and show no responsibility
Stop being so disrespectful.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#27 » by Froob » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:49 am

darth_federer wrote:LIke it or not they look at past history. Rondo has a disciplinary history (whether or not you agree with the punishments is irrelevant). Nash doesn't.

The NBA will be reviewing the tape and if they find it is not intimidating they will give Nash the benefit of the doubt

Turdgalu didn't have a disciplinary history tho did he?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,879

Post#28 » by UGA Hayes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 am

Eh nothing is going to happen. The leaugue will hide behind the failure to cooperate part, and to be fair that part is on Rondo, he should have talked to the league.
pross
Veteran
And1: 174

Post#29 » by pross » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:52 am

UGA Hayes wrote:Eh nothing is going to happen. The leaugue will hide behind the failure to cooperate part, and to be fair that part is on Rondo, he should have talked to the league.

There is a Rondo quote saying he did and that he doesn't understand how they came to that conclusion
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#30 » by darth_federer » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:54 am

I havent seen footage of the Rondo bump but why didnt he appeal? Seems like an open shut case (and no Im not being sarcastic). If the ref agreed with him it seems like a no brainer. Didnt Wade appeal even though it was obvious he kicked the guy?

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,879

Post#31 » by UGA Hayes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:57 am

darth_federer wrote:I havent seen footage of the Rondo bump but why didnt he appeal? Seems like an open shut case (and no Im not being sarcastic). If the ref agreed with him it seems like a no brainer. Didnt Wade appeal even though it was obvious he kicked the guy?

They literally announced the suspension 1-2 hours before the game (after a 2 day layoff), not much time to appeal. Plus lets not pretend that Stu Jackson isn't the worst emplyee employed by the NBA.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#32 » by EArl » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:48 am

I like Rondo, but he has a bad attitude. The NBA makes decisions based on history A good example would be MWP. When he fouls someone he has better chance to get suspended over other players. Nash wouldn't hurt a fly.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#33 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:49 am

Nash didn't touch him in an intimidating manner.... I've seen many players touch refs before in a normal way and it's not an issue.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#34 » by mj234eva » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:53 am

mj23foreva wrote:Will he get suspended?

Nice u/n
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
K1NG
General Manager
And1: 856

Post#35 » by K1NG » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:57 am

kimbobrand28 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgwewDrvivQ[/youtube]

Pierce couldn't even knock out a 50-something year old ref.
Dajadeed
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,643

Post#36 » by Dajadeed » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:00 am

pross wrote:
Dajadeed wrote:Believe me, the league office will have no problem suspending a Lakers player.

Remember Kobe getting suspended twice for "unnatural basketball acts" twice a few seasons ago and Lebron doing the same exact thing in the playoffs that year with not a single **** word said from anyone.

I wish someone around here would dig that up. It was like mirror images, same exact plays.

Kobe was swinging his arms into his defenders after he shot. He actually injured more than one person and deserved the suspension. I don't recall Lebrons, but Kobe's was definitely fair

I don't know what's up with the embed, but here's Lebron's. Like I said, it's the exact same thing Kobe got suspended for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGnnN5BMXwE
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#37 » by Mamba Venom » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:08 am

U get a pass on the night u get your 10,000th assists

If rondo ever gets that many he will get his money's worth

Lol
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
izZo
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#38 » by izZo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:10 am

commadoor 64 wrote:Was it in an intimidating manner?

No?

Why is common sense so uncommon these days?

QFT
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,162

Post#39 » by aggo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:26 am

touch or bump
Ninjek
Rookie
And1: 159

Post#40 » by Ninjek » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:38 am

Froob wrote:
Dajadeed wrote:Believe me, the league office will have no problem suspending a Lakers player.

Remember Kobe getting suspended twice for "unnatural basketball acts" twice a few seasons ago and Lebron doing the same exact thing in the playoffs that year with not a single **** word said from anyone.

I wish someone around here would dig that up. It was like mirror images, same exact plays.

Wade and LeBron could probably punch a ref and it wouldn't even be a T lol.

paul pierce actually punched a ref and didnt get a t, so you're hurting your own argument

Return to The General Board