ImageImageImageImageImage

Its foul if KG really said this to anthony

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Re: Its foul if KG really said this to anthony 

Post#121 » by Bran Fast Hands » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:38 am

Yeah can't say I'm much of Lebron fan but this always cracks me up

http://youtu.be/o10_AoHv5Xo

Garnett looks like an absolute idiot, especially when you take the scoreboard into account.
Xekana
Senior
And1: 12

Post#122 » by Xekana » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:40 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Workforce250 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:[quote="NJ_YANKEE_45"]**** him. That's just low. Never say anything about a person's mother or his woman.

Are you that naive? That's basically what every great trash talker talks about.

Melo wouldn't have lasted in the 80s/90s.

Promise you that Garnett will not repeat what he said to Melo. looked like Melo was about to crack him and KG felt it.

What does that have to do with anything?

Melo is weak minded, if he lets words get to his head so easily.[/quote]
He is still a human being, it may be hard to believe. And humans can lose their cool. I bet around 95% of the people criticizing Melo wouldn't have even been able to wait until after the game.

Sent from my phone.
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#123 » by Never Wrong » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:48 am

If that's all it takes to set him off, this will be a huge problem moving forward, especially come playoff time. Hope he learns to just play through it.
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#124 » by Workforce250 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:55 am

Never Wrong wrote:If that's all it takes to set him off, this will be a huge problem moving forward, especially come playoff time. Hope he learns to just play through it.

If what "if that's all it takes"? Do you know all what was said? Doubt it.

I'm also 100% convinced that Melo can dish it and take it when it comes to physicality. But I'm also happy that he put Garnett in his place now early on and set his limitations.
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#125 » by Never Wrong » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:58 am

Workforce250 wrote:
Never Wrong wrote:If that's all it takes to set him off, this will be a huge problem moving forward, especially come playoff time. Hope he learns to just play through it.

I'm also 100% convinced that Melo can dish it and take it when it comes to physicality. But I'm also happy that he put Garnett in his place now early on and set his limitations.

I don't think you understand what the word "if" means.

And he didn't put Garnett in his place. Garnett has been doing this for 17 years. His goal is to get you out of your game. He succeeded and he'll do it again now that he knows how well it works.
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#126 » by Workforce250 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:02 am

Never Wrong wrote:
Workforce250 wrote:

And he didn't put Garnett in his place. Garnett has been doing this for 17 years. His goal is to get you out of your game. He succeeded and he'll do it again now that he knows how well it works.

He won't do it again. Melo is not going to handle it the same way next time.
Xekana
Senior
And1: 12

Post#127 » by Xekana » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:14 am

Never Wrong wrote:
Workforce250 wrote:

No way he does it again.

Sent from my phone.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,727

Post#128 » by Guano » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:16 am

Is there any report that the L is going to investigate what Garnett said to Melo? Verbal abuse about another mans spouse should not be tolerated in a workplace environment. If you allow someone to get away with saying derogatory remarks about another's wife you can't then turn around and discipline the other employee who reacts to said comments.

Though I'll be honest if I was on the court and someone said my wife tasted like honey nut cheerios I would laugh. But, it's highly inappropriate and shouldn't be tolerated in any work place.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
maxoleo
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#129 » by maxoleo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:21 am

good that it happend now ,got to be a major event in MELOS experience at reaching his goal and our goal,NBA finals /fighting chance..go knicks
iceman23
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#130 » by iceman23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:29 am

Guano wrote:Is there any report that the L is going to investigate what Garnett said to Melo? Verbal abuse about another mans spouse should not be tolerated in a workplace environment. If you allow someone to get away with saying derogatory remarks about another's wife you can't then turn around and discipline the other employee who reacts to said comments.

Though I'll be honest if I was on the court and someone said my wife tasted like honey nut cheerios I would laugh. But, it's highly inappropriate and shouldn't be tolerated in any work place.

then they have to ban fine all trash talk. 90% of player.. as thats not tolerated in a normal workplace environment as well
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#131 » by MrProb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:43 am

iceman23 wrote:
Guano wrote:Is there any report that the L is going to investigate what Garnett said to Melo? Verbal abuse about another mans spouse should not be tolerated in a workplace environment. If you allow someone to get away with saying derogatory remarks about another's wife you can't then turn around and discipline the other employee who reacts to said comments.

then they have to ban fine all trash talk. 90% of player.. as thats not tolerated in a normal workplace environment as well

Lol ???? Do u really believe that players usually talk about opponents gf/wife on the court? Lol?

Its usually anything related to bball skills or physical appearance thats acceptable.

Come on, more logic pls!
Chris435
Starter
And1: 58

Post#132 » by Chris435 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:53 am

i don't really have a problem with it. KG tried to rile him up and Melo lost that battle.

I actually don't think this dispute is settled. KG will probably do it again to get Melo shooting 6-30 from the field.

The real problem is Melo's taking the talk personally.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#133 » by Lord Commander » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:58 am

Workforce250 wrote:this cat would have dropped KG back in the 80/90s like you said:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7k8ab ... Oy2XKwSaSo

X-Man was a crazy mofo-you could see it in his eyes. :lol: Kinda like Artest with much more skill. People knew not to f*ck with him.
knicknack
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#134 » by knicknack » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:02 am

The next Knicks/Celtics game will be on National TV, you know the media will blow this up and show/talk about every clash, both physically and verbally (including the bus visit by Melo) leading up to and during the game. There will be interviews with Melo/KG as well as any teammates/coaches with any juicy opinions. The association on't admit it but they love this, they need this, they want this DRAMA between two of the largest sports franchises in the world.

Family should be off limits between competitors, if not, then you run the risk of getting your a** whupped. No matter what Melo says about this, he won't forget what KG said and you can bet if KG tries that mess again Melo will take it to the next level.....THAT'S BKLYN B*TCHES!!!!!! BELIEVE THAT!!!!!

Next game could bring bigger ratings than the Christmas game last year.
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#135 » by Ralphie96 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:55 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
NJ_YANKEE_45 wrote:**** him. That's just low. Never say anything about a person's mother or his woman.

Are you that naive? That's basically what every great trash talker talks about.

Melo wouldn't have lasted in the 80s/90s.

and kg would have? :lol:

anthony peeler disagrees
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#136 » by hatnlvr » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:06 am

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:
Workforce250 wrote:this cat would have dropped KG back in the 80/90s like you said:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7k8ab ... Oy2XKwSaSo

X-Man was a crazy mofo-you could see it in his eyes. :lol: Kinda like Artest with much more skill. People knew not to f*ck with him.

+1
Oak, Mase or X-Man would have easily handled KG and made sure he never said a word to Melo again :lol:
ImageImage
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#137 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:03 am

He said... "LaLa taste like honey nut cheerios"? :lol: :lol: :lol: That's like something a teenager would say... Damn.. I thought it was going to be way worse than that... :lol: Larry Birds black converse weapons are turning over in their grave... Come on Melo...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#138 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:07 am

ibraheim718 wrote:He said... "LaLa taste like honey nut cheerios"? :lol: :lol: :lol: That's like something a teenager would say... Damn.. I thought it was going to be way worse than that... :lol: Larry Birds black converse weapons are turning over in their grave... Come on Melo...

I know. To me, it shows how incredibly immature Melo really is to let something so contrived and stupid to get into his head during an intense game against a rival. And, especially, given who it came from.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#139 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:10 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:He said... "LaLa taste like honey nut cheerios"? :lol: :lol: :lol: That's like something a teenager would say... Damn.. I thought it was going to be way worse than that... :lol: Larry Birds black converse weapons are turning over in their grave... Come on Melo...

I know. To me, it shows how incredibly immature Melo really is to let something so contrived and stupid to get into his head during an intense game against a rival. And, especially, given who it came from.

I bet that's even mild for KG...

I mean come on Melo was upset because he was getting his ass beat up by KG down low and shooting bricks all night.

It wasn't Melo's night, period. It was probably one of those days like the one I had today where you know from the jump that you should've stayed home.
aj49689
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#140 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:10 am

He is making it seem like its not a big deal and that he wanted to chat friendly with KG so he isn't suspended. Well, even tho it seemed like he was ready to fight I hope he's not suspended.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.

CARROT SOUP!

Return to New York Knicks