ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: KG insults Melo's wife - Melo goes to C's locker room

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

EG73
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Re: OT: KG insults Melo's wife - Melo goes to C's locker roo 

Post#221 » by EG73 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:08 am

Harry Palmer wrote:
EG73 wrote:Some posters seems to think trash talking is not 'unsportsmanship', and that reacting at trash talking is a sign of mental weakness.
I disagree. I may be the devil advocate (in this case: god advocate), but I think trash talking :
- has nothing to do with toughness
- completely 'unsportsmanship' (I don't know if that word exist)
- shouldn't be allowed in the NBA

I think you are conflating issues. Trash talking isn't tough, but not knowing how to deal with it is a weakness. It's there...if you play sports enough, you're going to have to know how to deal with it.

Some guys trashtalk to get to you, some just do it to pump themselves up and getting to you would just be a bonus..but there are always going to be guys who do it, and if you don't handle it, you're costing your team.

As far as not allowing it, that would be pretty hard to mandate. And besides, the refs have enough trouble implementing the rules. Playing recess monitor on top would be a bit much.

I'm against the trash talking itself. It may seems weird, but I would be mad about the fact there is trash talking, and wouldn't care at all about what is said to me/about me. If I was a NBA player, I probably would ignore it 99.9% of the time, and try to punch KG in the face once in my career (and I'm probably among the least 'violent person' here) . I wouldn't regret a few games suspension at the end of my career: short term costing my team and my salary, but some positive effects too.

I completely agree with your last paragraph. It has to come from players themselve. It would be utopic, ridiculous to try to set rules about that.

(for example honey nut cheerios = 1 tech. But cheddar & mushroom soup = double tech !)
"But the thing is, maybe I do want to wake up one morning and say, `Baby, let's go to the Bahamas. Today.' That costs money. So what if I want to do that?
MJ
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#222 » by fredericklove » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:42 am

Chaos Engine wrote:
TheWire wrote:Melos wife is a light skin sweetie

She looks good, but for some she isn't a high class women. :lol: :wink: I see you fredrick.

I guess she's a high class after all lol, meh, she ain't dat pretty anyways :dontknow:
Abba Zabba
Rookie
And1: 100

Post#223 » by Abba Zabba » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:31 pm

EG73 wrote:I completely agree with your last paragraph. It has to come from players themselve. It would be utopic, ridiculous to try to set rules about that.

That's just it. I would argue that the NBA's acute sensitivity to image has led it to reduce the players' ability to enforce any rules of conduct amongst themselves and the same motivation has led to officiating that demands very little accountability from star players. Both the official and unofficial mechanism for modifying behaviour have been subverted by Stern leading to habitual line-steppers like KG.
Thanks TZ
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#224 » by ratul » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:17 pm

KG should be fined if that was the comment. On the basketball court supposedly anything is ok, yet is fairly demeaning in intent and would not be allowed on the street. KG should just play ball.

I am totally ok with Melo going after KG - that is his wife and he shouldn't have to accept that - doesn't matter where it happened.
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,385

Post#225 » by TorontoBaller » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:28 pm

Frankly, trash talking if this ilk is tantamount to harassment.
I believe Mister Anthony should argue a claim with Human Resources.
(Chortle Chortle Chortle)
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#226 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:29 pm

Anthony and his wife have been living apart for at least two months, the source said.

Ok this is why Anthony was so sensitive about KG and "his wife", going through a rough patch.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#227 » by JN » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:33 pm

At the end of the day, the good thing is we have Fields and he is away from the player that was holding him back.
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
And1: 13,042

Post#228 » by Turbo_Zone » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:20 pm

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Post#229 » by LLJ » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:25 pm

Excellent!

See if you can do something with this pic too :lol:

ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#230 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:33 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Disrespectful!!!!!!!!! lol
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#231 » by JV4MVP » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:41 pm

Carmelo and La La are heading towards divorce... obviously a sensitive issue for Melo

La La Vazquez is back on the market

Reality TV star La La Vazquez and her NY Knick husband, Carmelo Anthony, are headed for divorce court. Friends say La La has been living the life of a single woman after separating from Anthony last year. Insiders say La La is keeping herself busy by focusing all of her attention on her son, Kiyan, and filming the 3rd season of her reality TV show, La La’s Full Court Life, which premieres in February. La La recently returned to her old stomping grounds in Atlanta, and tongues were wagging about a certain chick in La La’s entourage who she couldn’t take her eyes off...

Then La La jetted off to Miami, where she rang in the New Year at a luxury South Beach hotel without Melo, who partied in New York with friends.

http://sandrarose.com/2013/01/la-la-vaz ... he-market/
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#232 » by Danchan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:15 pm

that s what you get for marrying someone named la la (i know it's a stage name)
I guess it's ta ta to carmelo.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,816

Post#233 » by SaveTheHens » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:47 pm

KG's trash talk helped his team win the game, Marco Materazzi's trash talk against Zidane in the world cup also helped his team win the game.

It works, its just sad to see such lucky/blessed members of our own species stoop down to such low levels.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#234 » by dagger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:07 am

ash_k wrote:
Anthony and his wife have been living apart for at least two months, the source said.

Ok this is why Anthony was so sensitive about KG and "his wife", going through a rough patch.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cer ... -1.1236078
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#235 » by basketball royalty » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:46 am

Raptors should have a Honey Nut Cheerios giveaway when the Knicks are in town. Just imagine 20,000 people munching away on cereal and everywhere Melo looks that is all he sees. Get er DONE!
props to Turbozone for the sig
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
And1: 280

Post#236 » by kplooksafterme » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:56 am

basketball royalty wrote:Raptors should have a Honey Nut Cheerios giveaway when the Knicks are in town. Just imagine 20,000 people munching away on cereal and everywhere Melo looks that is all he sees. Get er DONE!

lmao. I wonder if Melo would go into the stands if this actually happened.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#237 » by Kenyon009 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 pm

kplooksafterme wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:Raptors should have a Honey Nut Cheerios giveaway when the Knicks are in town. Just imagine 20,000 people munching away on cereal and everywhere Melo looks that is all he sees. Get er DONE!

lmao. I wonder if Melo would go into the stands if this actually happened.

That's genius.
waltthewiz
Junior
And1: 21

Post#238 » by waltthewiz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned but:

Any of y'all seen LaLa's instagram? Damn!

Return to Toronto Raptors