PF's in the East

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,188

Re: PF's in the East 

Post#41 » by Nuntius » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:11 am

Well, I can't talk about the whole of East but I can talk about my team's starting PF, David West. And here's the head-to-head between the two players this season.

David West: 16.8 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.9 BPG, 0.7 SPG. He's shooting 47.5% from the field and averages 1.9 turnovers per game. He also plays 33.4 MPG.

Carlos Boozer: 15.2 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 2.0 APG, 0.5 BPG, 0.8 SPG. He's shooting 48.1% from the field and averages 1.9 turnovers per game. He also plays 30.3 MPG.

West scores better, Boozer rebounds better. West has an upper hand in assists and Boozer has a slight advantage in steals. West also has an advantage in blocks. Boozer is shooting a bit better and they are even in turnovers.

So, it's mostly a wash. You can say that Indy needs West more due to his scoring (especially in the 4th quarter as he has come up big for the Pacers in several end-game situations) and Chicago needs Boozer more for his rebounding.

Production-wise, it's hard to pinpoint who is the better player between the two.

If you include contracts in the equation then West gets the nod but I think that this is not what the OP asked.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Spintown
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#42 » by Spintown » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:25 am

include the west:
dirk
love
griffin
gasol
aldrige
randolph
duncan
ibaka
faried
lee
milsap
favors
davis?
jl342323
General Manager
And1: 531

Post#43 » by jl342323 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:04 am

Nuntius wrote:Well, I can't talk about the whole of East but I can talk about my team's starting PF, David West. And here's the head-to-head between the two players this season.

David West: 16.8 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.9 BPG, 0.7 SPG. He's shooting 47.5% from the field and averages 1.9 turnovers per game. He also plays 33.4 MPG.

Carlos Boozer: 15.2 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 2.0 APG, 0.5 BPG, 0.8 SPG. He's shooting 48.1% from the field and averages 1.9 turnovers per game. He also plays 30.3 MPG.

West scores better, Boozer rebounds better. West has an upper hand in assists and Boozer has a slight advantage in steals. West also has an advantage in blocks. Boozer is shooting a bit better and they are even in turnovers.

So, it's mostly a wash. You can say that Indy needs West more due to his scoring (especially in the 4th quarter as he has come up big for the Pacers in several end-game situations) and Chicago needs Boozer more for his rebounding.

Production-wise, it's hard to pinpoint who is the better player between the two.

If you include contracts in the equation then West gets the nod but I think that this is not what the OP asked.

per 36

boozer is averaging 18 and 11.4
west is averaging 18.1 and 8.5

west got off to a nice start, but his play has fallen off since.

boozer was terrible to start the season, but he is starting to play with confidence and his numbers show it.

last 5 games, david west is averaging 11 and 8.4 while shooting 32% from the field taking 11.8 fgas per game. he is getting to the line 4 times a game and shooting respectable 80% from the line. he has played 31.2 minutes per game in this stretch.

boozer in his last 5 games is really starting to get it going. he is averaging 23.2 and 12 shooting 53 % from field taking 17 fgas per game. he is getting to the line 7 times per game and shooting 74% from the line.

i believe boozer will end up with better numbers by the end of the season if they both stay healthy.
“He don’t care (about offense). He just cares about defense. When we come down or shoot a bad shot or whatever, he don’t really care about that. -Rose talking about Thibs
Mr. Crowley
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#44 » by Mr. Crowley » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:14 am

Better than him?

Melo
Josh Smith
Thaddeus Young
David West
Nene
And Chicago own Taj Gibson
benhillboy wrote:Most would call me a stupid idiot (and it’s totally fine) but if you gave me a choice to start my team with Lilliard or Caruso I’d laugh in your face for mentioning Lilliard.
NickLidstrom
Junior
And1: 102

Post#45 » by NickLidstrom » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:15 am

It's crazy to me that people are still obsessed with the traditional positions. When you're claiming Chris Bosh is a "center," you know the term has lost all meaning.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#46 » by EscapoTHB » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:28 am

A better question would be is Chris bosh the best center in the east? Him or kg right?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Heats_Finest
Banned User
And1: 33

Post#47 » by Heats_Finest » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:44 am

If you're talking about your traditional power forwards or hybrid, he's not even close.

Horford, Smith, Bosh, Garnett, West, Lebron, Melo, T.Thompson, T.Young, G Monroe are all guys I'd take before Boozer, not even mentioning his contract.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Nuntius » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:07 am

jl342323 wrote:per 36

boozer is averaging 18 and 11.4
west is averaging 18.1 and 8.5

west got off to a nice start, but his play has fallen off since.

boozer was terrible to start the season, but he is starting to play with confidence and his numbers show it.

last 5 games, david west is averaging 11 and 8.4 while shooting 32% from the field taking 11.8 fgas per game. he is getting to the line 4 times a game and shooting respectable 80% from the line. he has played 31.2 minutes per game in this stretch.

boozer in his last 5 games is really starting to get it going. he is averaging 23.2 and 12 shooting 53 % from field taking 17 fgas per game. he is getting to the line 7 times per game and shooting 74% from the line.

i believe boozer will end up with better numbers by the end of the season if they both stay healthy.

West is indeed in a slump at the moment. We went to him quite heavy in the start of the season while Paul George was not filling it up yeah.

Since Granger is likely to return earlier than Rose I can see Boozer ending up with better numbers by the end of the season.

By the way, does anyone know why Boozer only plays 30 minutes per game?
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#49 » by kingkirk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:11 am

Nuntius wrote:West is indeed in a slump at the moment. We went to him quite heavy in the start of the season while Paul George was not filling it up yeah.

Since Granger is likely to return earlier than Rose I can see Boozer ending up with better numbers by the end of the season.

Plays zero defense, and if his jumper aint on, its Taj time.

Thankfully, he has been really good in the new year.
kman1023
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#50 » by kman1023 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:48 am

I'd take Amar'e over Boozer any day.

Horford, Bosh, Garnett, Josh Smith, Melo and LeBron all say HI
DRose4MVP
General Manager
And1: 214

Post#51 » by DRose4MVP » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:52 am

Heats_Finest wrote:If you're talking about your traditional power forwards or hybrid, he's not even close.

Horford, Smith, Bosh, Garnett, West, Lebron, Melo, T.Thompson, T.Young, G Monroe are all guys I'd take before Boozer, not even mentioning his contract.

Thats just silly.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/r_shinn
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Nuntius » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:27 pm

KingCuban wrote:
Nuntius wrote:West is indeed in a slump at the moment. We went to him quite heavy in the start of the season while Paul George was not filling it up yeah.

Plays zero defense, and if his jumper aint on, its Taj time.

Thankfully, he has been really good in the new year.

I see. Doesn't he benefit defensively from playing next to Noah and being a part of one of the best defensive teams in the league?
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,331

Post#53 » by pipfan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:51 pm

I included Melo, since he is playing the 4. LBJ is playing the 3. Bosh is playing the 5, just like KG. Horford is playing the 5.

I thought Nene was a center, if he is playing the 4 I would like to see the comparison.

So, most think JSmith is better-fine
DWest is close
TYoung is not better than Boozer, but close
Monroe starts at the 5, correct?
Taj has been bad until recently-and I love Taj (and hate Boozer)

I know I am asking a narrow question, but it is simple. Of all the guys playing the 4 this year in the East, who is better than Boozer.

And yes, Bosh is the best center in the East right now
REL31
Junior
And1: 1

Post#54 » by REL31 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:41 pm

I'd take David West over Boozer

Statistical output are basically the same but West's leadership skills >>>>>> Boozer's.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#55 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:20 pm

Let Cliff Levingston inform you all as to where this is coming from. In the last 3 games, which are the games that came after the calendar turned over, Boozer is playing great by anyone's standards. See below.

November (13 games)
29.1 MPG, .449 FG%, 13.5 PPG, 2.46 FTA, .781 FT%, 9.7 RPG, 1.8 AST, .77 STL, .31 BLK

December (15 games)
29.9 MPG, .466 FG%, 14.0 PPG, 3.13 FTA, .638 FT%, 9.3 RPG, 2.1 APG, .8 STL, .6 BLK

January (3 games)
37.1 MPG, .600 FG%, 27.3 PPG, 6.66 FTA, .800 FT%, 11.3 RPG, 2.3 AST, 1 STL, .66 BLK

..and one of those games was against Miami in Miami en route to a win. He plays 42 minutes, shot 13 of 22 for 27 points and 12 boards.

The slight increase in steals and blocks don't really illustrate his improved defense either. He still hasn't been a stalwart there but he's appeared much more aware of his first defensive rotation (still sucks at those beyond that though). Regardless though, look at the major jump in scoring, efficiency, aggressiveness (FTAs) and rebounding.

It could easily turn out to just be a nice little spurt of games though. A 3 game sample size is awfully small.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,958

Post#56 » by tsherkin » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:24 pm

PC Board

Return to The General Board