ImageImageImageImageImage

A turnaround is always possible

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Re: 31-18 

Post#141 » by Pimpwerx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:23 pm

This looks highly-unlikely given the injuries they just suffered. It's not gonna help chemistry or performance at all. I think the Lakers look lottery bound this year. PEACE.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#142 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:06 pm

making the playoffs when every game is a potential loss?

.500 teams dont make the POs in the west bud
Wreckus13
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#143 » by Wreckus13 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:34 pm

EiRON wrote:I'm kinda nervous. There's a good chance we miss the playoffs
kimbobrand28
Senior
And1: 47

Post#144 » by kimbobrand28 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

70% missing the playoffs
NoseBleedLakers
Lead Assistant
And1: 343

Post#145 » by NoseBleedLakers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:00 am

80% the Lakers miss the playoffs.

Lakers are 0-2 vs Utah, 1-2 vs Houston, 1-2 vs Denver

Overall, they're 9-14 against the West.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#146 » by EArl » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:02 am

pp34thetruth_ wrote:
Doormatt wrote:oh look, a celtic fan who thinks dwight howard of all people is our problem. great analysis, A+ friend.

you're rite bro, i was wrong, you'll go 49-0 the rest of the season and hopefully finish 64-18

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
spudwebb
Sixth Man
And1: 2,195

Re: I hope the Lakers win the championship 

Post#147 » by spudwebb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:04 am

leeprettyp wrote:lol I'm sure we all do. Shut the haters up but its gonna be tough to even make the playoffs

No we don't. I am sure most of us don't. It's not being a hater but the Lakers just being handed talent and being flooded with money, and getting everything easy takes away a lot from the NBA.

I like that the Lakers are struggling because it means that basketball is as much about making strategic moves and finding the right chemistry of players and coaches than it is about spending the most money, getting ridiculously unfair trades (see Gasol/Kwame, Gasol/CP3), being the destination of choice for douche bag stars (Howard), and stars looking to team up in their twilight years in Hollywood (Nash, Payton, Malone, Richmond).
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#148 » by hermes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:05 am

they can do it, i believe in them
GoldKnightRises
Senior
And1: 24

Post#149 » by GoldKnightRises » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:31 am

I hope they make the playoffs.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#150 » by hermes » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:47 am

DO IT MITCH! :wizard:
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 250

Post#151 » by Imadogg » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:09 am

Mirjalovic wrote:im an optimistic guy, i dont care what people say about my favourite teams (or when i play sport), i always believe my team will win the championship, till the very end without any slighty doubts. If the supporter already in losing mentality, how the hell we can expect the players want to win the championship badly ? After all, we're supporters.

Optimistic =/= realistic

But if you wanna hurt yourself more by being shocked in the end then that's on you
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#152 » by TheFix » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:15 am

GoldKnightRises wrote:I hope they make the playoffs.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#153 » by Sn0wman » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:20 am

TheFix wrote:
GoldKnightRises wrote:I hope they miss the playoffs.
JesusisGod
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#154 » by JesusisGod » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:17 am

spudwebb wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:lol I'm sure we all do. Shut the haters up but its gonna be tough to even make the playoffs

No we don't. I am sure most of us don't. It's not being a hater but the Lakers just being handed talent and being flooded with money, and getting everything easy takes away a lot from the NBA.

I like that the Lakers are struggling because it means that basketball is as much about making strategic moves and finding the right chemistry of players and coaches than it is about spending the most money, getting ridiculously unfair trades (see Gasol/Kwame, Gasol/CP3), being the destination of choice for douche bag stars (Howard), and stars looking to team up in their twilight years in Hollywood (Nash, Payton, Malone, Richmond).

i like this point
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#155 » by AdonisDeMarion » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:06 am

I feel that we can, but we have to get our $%!# together and fast. Nash, Bryant, MWP and Jamison( if he can get more time than 24 minutes). We got to nail our open shots, but most of all our defense has got to be better. Howard and Hill I'm hoping I'm wrong about this, but I feel they will be down for like two weeks.

Gasol I'm not so sure how long will he be out but if he can come back by the OKC game then I think we can regroup. Gasol back in the post with Howard and Hill down would be good for him. It will allow him to command the ball down low, where he needs to be(MDA I'm talking to you).

SF:Bryant/Clark
PF:Jamison/MWP
C:Gasol/Sacre
SG:Morris/Meeks
PG:Nash/Duhon
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#156 » by Marionettetc » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:28 am

spudwebb wrote:

So being a successfully run business over the course of many decades means the Lakers should be on the same level as go nowhere/incompetently managed/small market team that would rather cut good players as soon as they want money and accumulate money from revenue sharing?

You sound really salty bro. So in your mind, any losing season for the lakers is karmic payback for being a destination most players would like to play for? Because let's get real here, if players weren't able to hold teams hostage, most of these deals wouldn't happen.

And stars in their twilight all seemingly had one thing in common - desire to take a paycut to play for the best team available at the time, outside of Richmond.

You are being a Laker hater, and you're doing a terrible job of hiding it. You can try to present it however you like, but you're bitter about a sports team having (presumably) more success than whoever it is you follow. That's petty behavior.
pp34thetruth_
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#157 » by pp34thetruth_ » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:47 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Yeah Celtics are not going anywhere because they suck. They put all their hopes and dreams on Bradley coming back and solving their problems. They also have no frontcourt. Lol at thinking a rookie who can't get off the ground was the solution.

Anyways back to the Lakers. Yes most likely they would be 1 and done because of Pringles. The man is an idiot with a capital idiot. But its better than being in the lottery.

celtics have huge chances to make it to the finals.
lakers wont even make the playoffs imo
however bradley isnt a rook, and will probably be first team all-def this year
GreenMachine wrote:Sorry folks, your dreams of a 10 win season are going to be nightmares. Not happening. We will be in the playoffs next year.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#158 » by Doormatt » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:15 pm

LOL the celtics with a way worse SRS, an offense as bad as our defense, and just 2 more wins have huge chances to make it to the finals, but the lakers wont make the playoffs. you have a lot more to worry about than the lakers who at least have injuries as an excuse, the celtics entire roster has been healthy for the most part outside of bradley.
#doorgek
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#159 » by fdr2012 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:16 pm

pp34thetruth_ wrote:celtics have huge chances to make it to the finals.

LOL. Celtics are the 8th seed in the East. You're talking about a "huge" chance of making the finals? Are you on drugs?
Gunny
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Post#160 » by Gunny » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 pm

pp34thetruth_ wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Yeah Celtics are not going anywhere because they suck. They put all their hopes and dreams on Bradley coming back and solving their problems. They also have no frontcourt. Lol at thinking a rookie who can't get off the ground was the solution.

Anyways back to the Lakers. Yes most likely they would be 1 and done because of Pringles. The man is an idiot with a capital idiot. But its better than being in the lottery.

celtics have huge chances to make it to the finals.

He was talking about Sullinger.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers