And1: 2,413

Suns and Warriors talk RG22 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:43 pm

grizzlies50
Sophomore
And1: 5

Re: Suns and Warriors talk RG22 

Post#2 » by grizzlies50 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:28 am

Hi I am sorry I did not know you are Mr(−_−;)
It look like new owner try to trade Rudy first and Z-Bo second
Oh my god I really do not like trade Both go away from Grizzlies

Well best scenario stay in Memphis both of player is over.
Rudy played very well defense compare to last year.
But he did not improve his shooting ability from outside more
than what we need to go next level.

I thought Rudy is not good fitting for Coach Hollins offense system just like OJ•Mayo.
So trade Rudy might be good oppotunity for him.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:37 am

^ They're likely shopping only one to get under the cap according to reports. If they can't trade Rudy, they are looking at a Z-bo deal. Trading Z-bo would be suicide.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:01 am

If a trade is imminent, it will effect the not only the structure of our team, it may take away their chances of going all the way to the finals. I'm not sure I'm liking where this direction is going.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:53 am

Hi I am sorry I did not know you are Mr(−_−;)
It look like new owner try to trade Rudy first and Z-Bo second
Oh my god I really do not like trade Both go away from Grizzlies

Well best scenario stay in Memphis both of player is over.
Rudy played very well defense compare to last year.
But he did not improve his shooting ability from outside more
than what we need to go next level.

I thought Rudy is not good fitting for Coach Hollins offense system just like OJ•Mayo.
So trade Rudy might be good oppotunity for him.

Keep in mind that Rudy's main strengths is attacking the rim and rebounds like he did @ UConn. His inconsistancies still come from long range shooting. Which was never his strong suit in the first place. Inspite of this, I rather see Rudy and Zbo stay and take our chances. If anything add another shooter by the trade deadline.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 634

Post#6 » by jefe » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:01 pm

SD2042 wrote:If a trade is imminent, it will effect the not only the structure of our team, it may take away their chances of going all the way to the finals. I'm not sure I'm liking where this direction is going.

IMO, the only reason the new ownership trades either Gay or Zbo is that they are already convinced we're not going to the Finals with this team.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#7 » by vanjulio » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:17 pm

Remember a year or 2 ago Rudy had developed quite a terrific post game. That also led to his uptick in rebounds. Now I have missed a lot of games this year. Has he been playing the 4 much and posting up?
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#8 » by boogiesdad » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:59 pm

trading Rudy for the purpose of lessening the Luxury Tax, should not be an "In Season" trade. This team is clearly a top tier team. Let them ride the year out and then trade him before the draft. Why wreck a top team in the middle of the run?
darkangle901
Starter
And1: 75

Post#9 » by darkangle901 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:42 pm

The reason is that we are over the tax line as it is, by about 4 million dollars.

The current roster has a tax bill of right around 6 million dollars.

So getting under the tax threshold would save about 10 million dollars. Add to this the fact that all of the tax money collected league wide is then spread evenly among all the non-tax-paying teams. I can't say what that number would be, but I would guess it is at least 3-4 million dollars per team.

So reducing payroll by 4 million dollars could save the franchise 3-5 times that amount.

And as for our prospects, let's face it: Gay is overpaid. He is a really good player, but he is inefficient and puts up a lot of bad shooting performances. And offensively, he likes to operate in some of the same spots on the court as Randolph. He's a good defender and good rebounder, and I really like his play around the basket, but he's not consistent enough to be a top-flight scorer, even though he gets paid like one.

The good news is that we will get something back that will help this season if he's dealt. I personally like Jared Dudley's game a lot, as I feel he's a true three-skill (dribble-pass-shoot) SF who also plays very good defense. He and a package of draft picks is a fine return for Gay, assuming they don't ask us to take back too much contract garbage also.

I also like Harrison Barnes and Tyreke Evans, who are also supposedly on the table (though I'm not sure about Evans' injury situation).
You can borrow ten cents; my two cents is free

Return to Memphis Grizzlies