Randolph to Indiana

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

rh9
Sophomore
And1: 8

Randolph to Indiana 

Post#1 » by rh9 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

CHA out: Reggie Williams
CHA in: Tyler Hansbrough, Haddadi

IND in: Randolph
IND out: West, Tyler Hansbrough

MEM out: Randolph, Haddadi
MEM in: West, Reggie Williams

Why for CHA: Take a look on a former UNC star.

Why for IND: They try to win now with Z-Bo. Hansbrough is dumped to avoid lux tax.

Why for MEM: No lux tax. West is a short term replacement at PF and Williams addresses a need as a 3pt shooter.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,072

Re: Randolph to Indiana 

Post#2 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:53 am

David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
TRaw187
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by TRaw187 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:10 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

Before people jump all over me, I understand that Z-Bo is a really good player now. I just think West brings leadership and toughness to our team. The Pacers have some outstanding chemistry right now - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Completely agree. The Bobcats play a terrible role in this trade as well. Make out big
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#4 » by UN-Owen » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:40 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:David West is the vocal leader on this team, I really don't see the Pacers letting him go.

I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#5 » by ferk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:59 am

Same can be said for zbo.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,332

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:55 pm

UN-Owen wrote:
I really don't think "toughness" is all that important in a non-contact sport like basketball

Where is the Green Font?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#7 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:05 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
UN-Owen wrote:

Where is the Green Font?

It went so green it looks black again.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah, Randolph has had enough legal issues in Indiana that he's not really looked upon fondly by the local sports fans. I'd think we'd rather stick with West and his financial flexibility.

Randolph is a very good player, and is worth a lot to the right team. Indy just isn't that team. I would think he just wouldn't be a realistic option for the Pacers.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,472

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:16 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, Randolph has had enough legal issues in Indiana that he's not really looked upon fondly by the local sports fans. I'd think we'd rather stick with West and his financial flexibility.

Randolph is a very good player, and is worth a lot to the right team. Indy just isn't that team. I would think he just wouldn't be a realistic option for the Pacers.

I'm not sure he is. Not in the trade value sense. He might help a team a lot, but what is the most Memphis could get for him? Maybe I'm too fixated on his bagage, but I think they would get less then Atlanta got for JJ (expirings and a pick that looked like at the time more likely to be a 2nd rounder than a mid first).

Return to Trades and Transactions