ImageImageImage

Miami Heat@ Indiana Pacers, Tuesday 8/1, 7:00 EST

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Re: Miami Heat@ Indiana Pacers, Tuesday 8/1, 7:00 EST 

Post#481 » by SweetTouch » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:58 am

He's just such a stupid player

If he's injured, he should stay on the bench
Stop being so disrespectful.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#482 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:09 am

cb1 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:I have a bad feeling about this all road trip..hope we dont killed in the paint.

Small ball worked against Indiana and that was without Bosh so we should be fine for this game.

Yup.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#483 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:13 am

Hurts me to say it, but it looks like Haslem is done.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#484 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:17 am

OtW wrote:Paul George's quote about our rebounding sounds eerily similar to the post game quotes of a rival player from a team in the central division that also out boarded us by twenty last week in a loss. No way. Two players on opposing teams talking about taking advantage of our small team's rebounding issues? You must be Joakim, man. It's all effort, not personnel. Fixing our rebounding will come from within!

I don't know why the Heat are committed to this small ball stuff. Just get us a big man already.

We can trade Miller and some other pieces ;/ I wanted a big man in the off-season over Ray Allen anyway cause I saw this crap coming. Ray Allen is redundant on this roster... we have enough 3 point shooters already...
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#485 » by Altered_Beast » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

yawn. on to the next one. guys relax well be lucky if we win 3 out of the 6 road games. and this wont be the last time our team plays like ass. at the end of the day come june well see lebron raising the trophy again

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
bluerain
Junior
And1: 19

Post#486 » by bluerain » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:27 am

Pimp, you go at me all you want, Spo is OK coach. I watch team and s ee how others coach their team, and against some he comes up small. The Knicks for example, last night Boston kept going at novak you know the weak link that have tore the heat apart this season. He was craving up Boston also until second half when doc told his players to take at him and he didn't even touch the floor anymore. I know your comeback he didn't do it playoff yea he didn't because the team kept him under wraps, but know they have legit pg that can get him open, and if the heat go at him like other teams do that be once less worry the heat have to worry about. Other team do it to Heat with Ray Allen.

Well that's good story about the 15 win team and all, but now is now. Just like players reach their peak as players, well the Same can said about coaches. Since the the big came together all of his success have been from them and a lot luck. Ex... playoff the Bull series if it wasn't for some foul trouble miller and ud would probably never sniff the court. The Bull staff never prepared for them in that series luck advantage Spo. Heat went on to the finals. Lost why only one star shine in that series. The other star lost in translation and no coach to help. Pacers series bosh go down wade gimpy but him bron came through, battier guarded west the hiccup of the small ball came to fruition. Went on to the final with this fools gold small ball that he luck into and beat the Thunder. Advantage Spo he has never came up with original game plan he just luck his way in some.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#487 » by Pimpwerx » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:40 am

bluerain wrote:Pimp, you go at me all you want, Spo is OK coach. I watch team and s ee how others coach their team, and against some he comes up small. The Knicks for example, last night Boston kept going at novak you know the weak link that have tore the heat apart this season. He was craving up Boston also until second half when doc told his players to take at him and he didn't even touch the floor anymore. I know your comeback he didn't do it playoff yea he didn't because the team kept him under wraps, but know they have legit pg that can get him open, and if the heat go at him like other teams do that be once less worry the heat have to worry about. Other team do it to Heat with Ray Allen.

Well that's good story about the 15 win team and all, but now is now. Just like players reach their peak as players, well the Same can said about coaches. Since the the big came together all of his success have been from them and a lot luck. Ex... playoff the Bull series if it wasn't for some foul trouble miller and ud would probably never sniff the court. The Bull staff never prepared for them in that series luck advantage Spo. Heat went on to the finals. Lost why only one star shine in that series. The other star lost in translation and no coach to help. Pacers series bosh go down wade gimpy but him bron came through, battier guarded west the hiccup of the small ball came to fruition. Went on to the final with this fools gold small ball that he luck into and beat the Thunder. Advantage Spo he has never came up with original game plan he just luck his way in some.

If it's all talent, why do the Lakers suck, even with a player-coach in Nash? Why would a former coach and great basketball mind like Pat Riley not see what you are claiming? This argument is pretty nonsensical. It's always been. PEACE.
bluerain
Junior
And1: 19

Post#488 » by bluerain » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:43 am

And another thing players aren't worrying about throwing up trash shoot against the heat because they know their bigs can get rebound. They playing Kobe ball. Scrub like Stevenson would not dare do that against any other team but the heat. It makes wade look bad be hey why not.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#489 » by radikalBaller » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:47 am

"They grinded us to a near halt offensively," coach Erik Spoelstra said after his team scored 35 second-half points, with the 77 a season low.
OtW
Suspended
And1: 1,860

Post#490 » by OtW » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:08 am

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick
Pace and space doesn't seem to work well against chuck and crash. Miami had 1 fast break point tonight. #heat

Chuck and crash. lol. Adequately describes how we got beat by the Pacers tonight.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#491 » by Vertical Limit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:24 am

Seriously they chucked up ill advised three point shots and it kept going in. They had no choice but to start throwing up garbage and it worked for them, good for them but that's not going to beat us in a seven game series.
OtW
Suspended
And1: 1,860

Post#492 » by OtW » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:29 am

Vertical Limit wrote:Seriously they chucked up ill advised three point shots and it kept going in. They had no choice but to start throwing up garbage and it worked for them, good for them but that's not going to beat us in a seven game series.

On top of that, if those a$$ three point shots weren't going in, they still got a extra possession out of it, more likely than not, from an offensive board/tip out to an open man, who chucked up another three or another ill-advised shot at the end of the shot clock. They also still scored on horrible chuck attempts from tip ins, etc.

That has got to be a demoralizing way to lose.
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#493 » by krikor » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:11 am

its same problem

1 - rebounding
2 - suffrage in offence when no fastbreak points ( minimize turnovers)

its way to beat us.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#494 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:33 am

bottom line is that in our loses our offense is not producing. We are relying on jump shots and we arenot getting to the line early and often. I would love a big but thats no excuse for the playrs we do have now not getting to the line or being more aggressive. a 19 point a 15 point and a 20 point quarter are not going to cut it. the big picture is our offense is struggling.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#495 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:45 am

no shame in getting carved up by Lance Stephenson and Paul George. Those are two capable big time scorers. Lance is immature but you dont have the nickname "Born Ready" for nothing, he can fill it up (I wanted the Heat to draft him a few years ago but we passed on him and drafted Pittman instead). Paul George is a scoring machine and a physical mismatch, glad to see him and Lance have a good game. All that said, Lebron and Wade are better than those guys. No reason we should lose. 68 attempts to their 91 is absurd due to tham having more than three times the amount off offensive rebounds. If we want to continue with the current roster thats fine but then fix the spacing when we attempt a shot. Lebron and Bosh should be on opposite lanes on every shot attempt to at least try to be in position for a board. Our spacing gives us no shot.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
ricochet
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#496 » by ricochet » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:33 am

Pimpwerx wrote:
ricochet wrote:He was..
He has regressed to the worst PG this season. We cannot hold on to sentiments and keep every one who plays like trash on this team. He is not a life-timer like Haslem who sacrificed a lot to say here. Success has gone to his head and he has regressed in almost every aspect. The HEAT are not a charity org to hold on to junk like him.

Joel plays well within his limitations.

2 postseasons in a row, Rio has had big games for us. He's only in his 4th season. He hasn't regressed, he's just in a slump. He saw noted and sustained improvement last year, right? It's not about being sentimental, it's about being realistic. First, we're not finding a better PG. Not one that can, you know, space the floor with shooting. Second, when he does break out of his slump, he's gonna be the critical 4th or 5th scorer that we need. He started the season really looking good as an actual PG. He's slumped a lot since then. He can regain that form. It was only a few months ago.

Also, let's not forget Rio tore a ligament or something in his hand, so that's probably got a lot to do with his off shooting of late.

Put it this way. When Wade was playing like **** most of last season and the playoffs, were you ready to give up on him? No. Was it just sentimentality keeping you on board? No. It was practicality. You know that when he breaks the slump, he's gonna be important for us. I see the same for Rio. PEACE.

Wait..
Did you just compare Chalmers to Wade???? Hold on.. Am I being punked or something?
imchillin
Banned User
And1: 28

Post#497 » by imchillin » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:27 pm

dolphinatik wrote:no shame in getting carved up by Lance Stephenson and Paul George. Those are two capable big time scorers. Lance is immature but you dont have the nickname "Born Ready" for nothing, he can fill it up (I wanted the Heat to draft him a few years ago but we passed on him and drafted Pittman instead). Paul George is a scoring machine and a physical mismatch, glad to see him and Lance have a good game. All that said, Lebron and Wade are better than those guys. No reason we should lose. 68 attempts to their 91 is absurd due to tham having more than three times the amount off offensive rebounds. If we want to continue with the current roster thats fine but then fix the spacing when we attempt a shot. Lebron and Bosh should be on opposite lanes on every shot attempt to at least try to be in position for a board. Our spacing gives us no shot.

Carved up? Yea right that team shot like 20%. We are just too small and out bench is struggling.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#498 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:25 pm

Our rebounding issue may partially be an effort problem, but only scoring 77 points? That's a system problem. As I've stated so many times before, we're in love with the three-point shot and don't use our weapons efficiently enough. Wade was dominating the Pacers in the first half and attempted four freaking shots in the second. Bosh was barely to be seen with his 10 shot attempts.

If the Big Three are the only consistent scoring options we have, then those guys should attempts even more shots. I'm tired of watching Rio, Ray, Mike, Shane etc. waste offensive possessions by bricking outside shots. Our first concern should be to get the Big Three shots, which is why plays should always include them when they're on the court. It also means we should always have two of them out there. Indiana made two crucial runs, one at the end of the 1st and one at the end of the 3rd and guess what, one time it was LeBron all alone out there while the second time it was Bosh. We have limited options financially because we have three almost max players on the team, so it's understandable that we can't have depth too. But if that's the case, then we must feed those three great players we have to no end.

#HeatLifer
dreamchaser
Banned User
And1: 166

Post#499 » by dreamchaser » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:52 pm

tough loss, we got pounded on the boards and paul george played like a superstar, hopefully we get a win at the rose garden tonight against portland, a place where lebron & d-wade play very well at...

Return to Miami Heat