ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo - KG : the Aftermath

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Re: Melo - KG : the Aftermath 

Post#41 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:47 am

TinyLinny wrote:
Melo did this franchise wrong...twice.

In '06 during the brawl and '12 with the Lin saga.

He is a fugazy.

If Melo is the cause for Lin being with the rockets he did THEM wrong... not the knicks.

You're calling Melo a bitch. What more could he have done aside from swing on KG on the court? He went to the locker room.... he went to the bus.... KG wouldn't show his face.
KingOf NY
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#42 » by KingOf NY » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:09 pm

Yeah KG was the one that didnt come out of the locker room nor did he show his face at his OWN team bus. So who the one who bitched out.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#43 » by Falstaffxx » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:52 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:
god shammgod wrote:Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

KG pushed Melo's buttons, Melo reacted but never got violent & said the right things today. For that, I'm guessing fine, no suspension

10m Frank Isola Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

For what it's worth, I'm hearing that KG's insult that set off Carmelo had nothing to do with "cereal." He used a more common expression.

I agree hopefully the league will as well.

This is OT but as much of a dick Assola is he doesn't push any agendas against specific players. Berman is unbearable with his Melo hate.

Isola may not push an agenda against players you're a fan of, but he does push an agenda against specific players.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#44 » by Jay10 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:58 pm

KingOf NY wrote:Yeah KG was the one that didnt come out of the locker room nor did he show his face at his OWN team bus. So who the one who bitched out.

TMZ uploaded footage of them being face to face
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#45 » by UnderdogKnicks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:58 pm

TinyLinny wrote:

He is a fugazy.

Ban this guy already, only reason Lin isn't a Knick is because he wanted more money and Dolan doesn't want to pay luxury tax.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
iceman23
Sophomore

Post#46 » by iceman23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmX_XaRAdUU

nothing civil in the clip...

Melo is trying to go after KG...

the n word was used many times.....
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#47 » by Sark » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:12 pm

TinyLinny wrote:
kane2021 wrote:
Melo did this franchise wrong...twice.

He is a fugazy.

WTF is the Lin saga? Lin left the Knicks to get paid. He left on his own.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#48 » by WhateverBro » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:16 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:a friend reminded me that KG wished Duncan a happy mothers day after his mother died of cancer

hes all class

Source? I'll wait, because there isn't one, lol.

As for this, Garnetts official FB page posted this a couple of hours ago;

I would never say anything about someone's family! I have way to much respect for that! What I said was all basketball related and nothing else!

So you can skip all that he went at LaLa thing. Unless he's blatantly lying, which I doubt because I'm guessing alot of people knows the actual truth, including Melo.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#49 » by j4remi » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:21 pm

WhateverBro wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:a friend reminded me that KG wished Duncan a happy mothers day after his mother died of cancer

hes all class

I would never say anything about someone's family! I have way to much respect for that! What I said was all basketball related and nothing else!

So you can skip all that he went at LaLa thing. Unless he's blatantly lying, which I doubt because I'm guessing alot of people knows the actual truth, including Melo.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/why-doe ... in-garnett

Last week, Chris Ballard's amazing Sports Illustrated profile of Tim Duncan hit newsstands and offered a fascinating look at a guy who has all too often been dismissed as "boring."

This is an unsubstantiated rumor and should be treated as such.

The story goes that on May 9, 1999 (Mother's Day), Tim Duncan's Spurs played Kevin Garnett's Timberwolves in the first round of the NBA playoffs. During that game, Garnett, who is known for his incessant need to trash talk and intense dislike for any sort of decency did what he does best. He went too far.

So it's not definite fact, but yeah...that's a known rumor.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#50 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:22 pm

TinyLinny wrote:
Fat Snitch wrote:
DocZaius wrote:Melo chasing KG for an apology is stupid.

It's going to be fake and forced apology.

Kevin this is Melo you hurt my feeling, please apologise.

Do you really not know how to spell apologize?

You're really gonna pick on him for that? It's one letter off, and what he said was the truth.

Apologise is spelled with an 's' in the British system.
iceman23
Sophomore

Post#51 » by iceman23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:27 pm

Melo looks really bad if all KG said was trash talk about basketball

WEAK !!!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#52 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:36 pm

this has to be one of the most annoying events ever on this board
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#53 » by WhateverBro » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:44 pm

j4remi wrote:
WhateverBro wrote:

hes all class

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/why-doe ... in-garnett

Last week, Chris Ballard's amazing Sports Illustrated profile of Tim Duncan hit newsstands and offered a fascinating look at a guy who has all too often been dismissed as "boring."

This is an unsubstantiated rumor and should be treated as such.

The story goes that on May 9, 1999 (Mother's Day), Tim Duncan's Spurs played Kevin Garnett's Timberwolves in the first round of the NBA playoffs. During that game, Garnett, who is known for his incessant need to trash talk and intense dislike for any sort of decency did what he does best. He went too far.

So it's not definite fact, but yeah...that's a known rumor.

Exactly. A rumor that's been around for years and NEVER been confirmed. You would think something like this would've come up if it indeed was true but no one has ever confirmed it, it's just a stupid internet rumor.

Whenever something comes with a disclaimer that says; "This is an unsubstantiated rumor" then well.. you should treat it as such. And you're not doing that when you're saying "KG said happy mothers day to duncan in 99 knowing his mother passed away 10 years earlier" without having even one source, not even credible but just one source that says that in fact happened. It's just a rumor, there are thousands of those.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#54 » by j4remi » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:53 pm

WhateverBro wrote:
Exactly. A rumor that's been around for years and NEVER been confirmed. You would think something like this would've come up if it indeed was true but no one has ever confirmed it, it's just a stupid internet rumor.

Whenever something comes with a disclaimer that says; "This is an unsubstantiated rumor" then well.. you should treat it as such. And you're not doing that when you're saying "KG said happy mothers day to duncan in 99 knowing his mother passed away 10 years earlier" without having even one source, not even credible but just one source that says that in fact happened. It's just a rumor, there are thousands of those.

It's a bit strange that these rumors keep happening. TD of all people hates KG, that's from Sports Illustrated. Melo lost his lid and CV said that he was called a cancer patient. At some point, you have to think...maybe all these rumors have some legs considering they keep coming up about the same guy. Maybe not though...I won't argue that it's impossible to say for sure.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#55 » by blumatic » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:59 pm

iceman23 wrote:Melo looks really bad if all KG said was trash talk about basketball

WEAK !!!

:roll:
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#56 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:06 pm

WhateverBro wrote:

And Melo said that there are certain things that you just don't say to another man, and that KG crossed the line. That doesn't sound like something that's basketball related. So yes, one of them is probably lying.
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#57 » by UnderdogKnicks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:15 pm

I love the fact that Celtic fans love this guy for playing dirty and talk trash yet they defend him saying he ain't like that from people complaining about these attributes. We know for a fact he called Charlie V a cancer patient so u know he ain't all basketball talk.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
KnickswiththeKnack
Starter
And1: 348

Post#58 » by KnickswiththeKnack » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:18 pm

iceman23 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmX_XaRAdUU

nothing civil in the clip...

Melo is trying to go after KG...

the n word was used many times.....

What I don't get is how in the hell that video footage is so bad?! I mean damn, everyone got iPhones, they shoot in HD. WTF?

But on a more serious tip...

god shammgod wrote:this has to be one of the most annoying events ever on this board

x1000
"...and now aaaaaaalll the Knicks with the knack" - Walt "Clyde" Frazier
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#59 » by frogfood » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:24 pm

JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
WhateverBro wrote:

And Melo said that there are certain things that you just don't say to another man, and that KG crossed the line. That doesn't sound like something that's basketball related. So yes, one of them is probably lying.

I feel it's obvious who is lying considering the lengths Melo took to get at him, post game. And it's in typical KG form for him to backtrack after being retaliated on.
iceman23
Sophomore

Post#60 » by iceman23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:33 pm

anyways his going to be suspended at least a week

Return to New York Knicks