Post#1 » by LukasBMW » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:42 am

Why is Beasley not playing?

Anyone know?
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Re: Why is Beasley not playing? 

Post#2 » by phrazbit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:47 am

LukasBMW wrote:Why is Beasley not playing?

Anyone know?

Because he is the worst player in the league.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#3 » by gaspar » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:48 am

phrazbit wrote:Because he is the worst player in the league.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,077

Post#4 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:02 am

phrazbit wrote:
LukasBMW wrote:Why is Beasley not playing?

Anyone know?

Because he is the worst player in the league.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#5 » by RunDogGun » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:10 am

The question asked after being awaken from a four year comma.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#6 » by Kerrsed » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:34 am

phrazbit wrote:Because he is the worst player in the league.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#7 » by LukasBMW » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:40 am

Come on, seriously.

He has talent and he didn't do THAT bad for us earlier. Just two years ago he put up damn near 20 points a game.

What's the locker room buzz? Out of shape? Drugs? Lazy? Doesn't know plays? Won't listen? Feuding with Gentry?
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#8 » by RunDogGun » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:43 am

LukasBMW wrote:Come on, seriously.

He has talent and he didn't do THAT bad for us earlier. Just two years ago he put up damn near 20 points a game.

What's the locker room buzz? Out of shape? Drugs? Lazy? Doesn't know plays? Won't listen? Feuding with Gentry?

He literally made everyone he played with worse. Although he did look like he was stoned every time he entered the game.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,611

Post#9 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:44 am

Have you not followed the board or watched him play at all yet this season? I can't think of any other reason why this question needs to even be asked...
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,077

Post#10 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:09 am

Disinterested, lazy, unbelievably low bball iq, lost on defense, horrid fg%.

Amare 2.0 without the offense.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#11 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:10 am

You're right it wasn't THAT bad, it was far far worse. They tried him as a feature player and he was abysmal, then they tried him as a role player and he was still abysmal. There really is no mystery to why he's not playing. He was given more opportunity than he deserved and if he could be even a little bit productive he'd still be getting time.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,799

Post#12 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:42 am

Let me be who he is...He is a scorer

"Offensively, I've been a big believer in him, I just think he can score. I said it two years ago: I think one day he may lead the league in scoring. He has a Carmelo Anthony ability to score the ball. He's a matchup problem every night, He has quickness and a shot at that size. That makes him tough to guard."
—Doc Rivers
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Post#13 » by phrazbit » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:23 am

ash_k wrote:Let me be who he is...He is a scorer

"Offensively, I've been a big believer in him, I just think he can score. I said it two years ago: I think one day he may lead the league in scoring. He has a Carmelo Anthony ability to score the ball. He's a matchup problem every night, He has quickness and a shot at that size. That makes him tough to guard."
—Doc Rivers

He is not a scorer, he is merely a shooter. He has NEVER been even a league average player when it comes to points per shot. If you let virtually any player in the league gobble up the amount of possessions Beasley does (and this is at every stage of his career) they would put up a better point total than he does. His "scoring" ability is a mirage, the guy is a freaking horrible scorer outside of the once in 20 games when he gets hot. Throw in him being a turnover machine, poor on the glass and so awful defensively that he might as well not bother to cross mid-court... and you have one of the worst players in the league.
thekillingtree
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#14 » by thekillingtree » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:21 pm

the biggest things that stood out to me when i saw the suns play here was his body language on the court and on the sidelines. he threw his headband into the crowd after 3 bad plays and once he made 2 mistakes he just played as if he was daring gentry to pull him out. then he pouted on the bench for the rest of the time. he's just doesn't have good court presence and holy crap does he take awful shots.
raczej1980
Junior
And1: 33

Post#15 » by raczej1980 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:49 pm

Q should be - why the hell Brown is still playing !!!???
bring back hand checking!!!
ash_k
RealGM

Post#16 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 pm

phrazbit wrote:
ash_k wrote:Let me be who he is...He is a scorer

—Doc Rivers

He is not a scorer, he is merely a shooter. He has NEVER been even a league average player when it comes to points per shot. If you let virtually any player in the league gobble up the amount of possessions Beasley does (and this is at every stage of his career) they would put up a better point total than he does. His "scoring" ability is a mirage, the guy is a freaking horrible scorer outside of the once in 20 games when he gets hot. Throw in him being a turnover machine, poor on the glass and so awful defensively that he might as well not bother to cross mid-court... and you have one of the worst players in the league.

At 21 years old he managed to score 19.2 ppg shooting 45% FG 37 3Pt% in 32 minutes in 73 games while playing next to Olympian Kevin Love who was scoring 20.2ppg shooting 47%FG..

In the last 2 years he has averaged 22 minutes per game(???)

Just like Mayo those guys are scorers, both went to college for a year and averaged over 20 per games at their schools..

For some unknown reason OJ's pt got cut the last 2 years though he scored 17 plus in his first two seasons; now we have seen how Dallas has left him "be who he is" (A SCORER) and Mayo has gone back to his scoring prowess .

Beasley needs to be put in the same situation as O.J., maybe Phoenix (and Alvin) is not the place for him...
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,570

Post#17 » by schnakenpopanz » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:23 pm

brown and beasley is just too much to take...
free steve nash!
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:30 pm

ash_k wrote:
Beasley needs to be put in the same situation as O.J., maybe Phoenix (and Alvin) is not the place for him...

Beasley was given every chance anyone could possibly ask for to start the season. He was flat out terrible, it doesn't matter that he once scored 19ppg on terrible efficiency with a terrible team.
ash_k
RealGM

Post#19 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:02 pm

phx#7 wrote:
ash_k wrote:

Beasley was given every chance anyone could possibly ask for to start the season. He was flat out terrible, it doesn't matter that he once scored 19ppg on terrible efficiency with a terrible team.

Are you one of those PER guy?
For me when a Small Forward scores 19ppg shooting 45%FG and 37% from 3 in 32 minutes in a season that tells me he is doing a great job..

The player is allowed to have slow start in a season, new environment, new coach(I have always believed Gentry was a bad coach and got "bailed out" by Nash the last 2 years)

Plus this season B-Easy has had 5 games when he played over 30 minutes and his averages :
18.4 PPG 7 RPG 45%FG
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:06 pm

ash_k wrote:
Are you one of those PER guy?
For me when a Small Forward scores 19ppg shooting 45%FG and 37% from 3 in 32 minutes in a season that tells me he is doing a great job..

The player is allowed to have slow start in a season, new environment, new coach(I have always believed Gentry was a bad coach and got bailed by Nash the last 2 years)

Plus this season B-Easy has had 5 games when he played over 30 minutes and his averages :
18.4 PPG 7 RPG 45%FG

And how many shots did it take him to get those points and how many points did he give up on the other end? He's been absolutely terrible by every metric available. That one season he score 19ppg it took him nealy 18fga per game to get there, that is horrible.

The team plays better when he's not on the court which is obvious to anyone whose actually bothered to watch the games. To say otherwise is to admit you haven't actually watched.

Return to Phoenix Suns