ImageImageImage

Sixers vs Nets 1/8/13 7pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ryst
Banned User
And1: 506

Re: Sixers vs Nets 1/8/13 7pm 

Post#121 » by ryst » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:24 am

Arsenal wrote:You guys questioning Collins are off base. This team just doesn't have enough talent, period. Phil Jackson wouldn't do much better with these parts. That's why we need to tank for a high lottery pick!

dont make it sound like Collins was hired 2 weeks ago.

Collins has been here 3 years,he build this team with no talent

he drafted the players,he signed free agents and he traded for players.

so its all on him.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#122 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:27 am

No. Collins is not the GM. You can't just absolve Thorn of blame. Collins may have had input, but you are only blaming him because you are a Collins hater.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#123 » by phifans » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:58 am

Even if we don't have enough talent we can still make some good plays if we have a good coach who knows how to set plays. Even if we don't have enough talent we can still play hard team defense if our coach knows how to use advantage. Even if we don't have enough talent we can still fight for every game if our coach doesn't change his rotation every week and use most of his players in a wrong way. So yes we are mediocre talents at best but we don't have a great coach either. Just you don't have good players doesn't makes you better than what you look like.
ryst
Banned User

Post#124 » by ryst » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:01 am

ofcourse i am a Collins hater, he is a terrible coach
i have been saying it since day 1
i am proud to hate Doug Collins and there are many sixers fans right now who see the light

who build this team this summer?
who signed Hawes and Nick Young ,Wright and Kwami?
who belived Waynes and Ivey are competent PG subs?
who traded for Bynum?
who build this team as a weak,cant rebound,dont play hard jumpshooting team

its %100 Collins

if you think Dileo did all that , i got some land to sell you, 40 mlies inside the ocean
BobThornton
Pro Prospect
And1: 239

Post#125 » by BobThornton » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

Collins lost me last year with his inexplicable love affair with Jodie Meeks, who would have a good game every 20 games. "No one wants to win more than Jodie." What is he, your son?

Signing Hawes and Brown was an absolute horrendous decision everyone recognized at the time, except Collins. Yes, Bynum is hurt, but if he would have spent the other money more wisely this team wouldn't be a bunch of candy @sses in the paint.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#126 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:44 am

I hope they sign Collins to a 10 year extension out of spite.
ryst
Banned User

Post#127 » by ryst » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:11 am

Westbrook36 wrote:I hope they sign Collins to a 10 year extension out of spite.

you also said that Miami is a bad team and will never win, so its not news that your hopes and dreams got nothing to do with reality
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#128 » by freshie2 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:18 am

All due respect, I don't think Collins medically cleared Bynum for the trade. This team is vastly different with that caliber a big man in the middle.
98supra
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#129 » by 98supra » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:04 pm

ryst wrote:ofcourse i am a Collins hater, he is a terrible coach
i have been saying it since day 1
i am proud to hate Doug Collins and there are many sixers fans right now who see the light

Are you serious? It's people like you who give sixers, and Philadelphia fans in general a bad name and rep. As soon as a team starts struggling, you blame it all on one person. It's ridiculous really.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#130 » by CoreyGallagher » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:15 pm

To be more optimistic than I was last night, I mean looking at the box score we seriously got outplayed in that third quarter which was due to a few minutes of playing lethargic to begin the second half and them coming out like a cannon and just hitting everything, otherwise we actually outscored them the other 3 quarters combined.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#131 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:22 pm

Not going to blame this on Doug. He's made some questionable moves with Evan Turner but I am not putting this all on him. All of us...And I mean every one of us were SCREAMING for a move to be made! We got Andrew Bynum here and it was a risk trading for him but we were all pretty damn stoked about it. Of course he is injured and of course he isn't going to play for us. Thats Philadelphia..thats how it fking goes here! I don't think it's all his fault. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit and thats what he's trying to do without Bynum.
The plan was Bynum all the way through and most of you were on board with the gamble. You can' t get mad because Bynum isn't here and we struggle because of it. If Bynum were playing and we were still tanking games like this I could understand calling for the head of Doug Collins. I think he gets a pass this season with the situation being what it is.
It sucks for us because some of us have followed this team for 20+ years now and we have been very patient waiting to see a contender built. I've been watching this team since I was 8 years old and i'm 31 now so I understand the frustration. However in my opinion I still think Doug is the right man for the job and I am certainly still on board for Andrew Bynum if he can get it together.
FlightBrothers
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Post#132 » by FlightBrothers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:34 pm

What about just a small tweak like putting Dorrel Wright in the starting lineup and moving Jason Richardson to the bench. We are only 4-1 with Wright starting, but that would require Doug making a change which we all know he HATES to do. We always have a stiff as our starting 2 guard, Willie Green to Jodie Meeks and now a past the prime Jason Richardson (who i think could be an asset off the bench, just not as a starter)

No idea why Doug doesnt make that simple minor adjustment...
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#133 » by bigdavid » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:36 pm

FlightBrothers wrote:What about just a small tweak like putting Dorrel Wright in the starting lineup and moving Jason Richardson to the bench. We are only 4-1 with Wright starting, but that would require Doug making a change which we all know he HATES to do. We always have a stiff as our starting 2 guard, Willie Green to Jodie Meeks and now a past the prime Jason Richardson (who i think could be an asset off the bench, just not as a starter)

No idea why Doug doesnt make that simple minor adjustment...

Thats not the answer...The whole team less Jrue ie terrible...Wright would not make one iota of difference...
FlightBrothers
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Post#134 » by FlightBrothers » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:22 pm

Thats not the answer...The whole team less Jrue ie terrible...Wright would not make one iota of difference...[/quote]

That is not my point. My point is clearly the team is BETTER with Wright in the starting lineup. Obviously that is under the assumption Holiday is playing. The Sixers are 4-1 with Wright in the starting lineup. I don't think that is a fluke.

There is obviously not "one answer" to our problems, but that is a minor tweak evidence by above I think would "help us" perform better and perhaps win some more games.

Im not sure why the "whole team less Jrue is terrible" is relevant to the point I was making

Return to Philadelphia 76ers