Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Varejao Rumor 

Post#81 » by The J Rocka » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:12 pm

shrink wrote:
RotoWorld wrote:Anderson Varejao (knee) did not return to practice Tuesday and will not play in Wednesday's game against the Hawks.

The vibes out of Cleveland on Varejao continue to be scary. What was originally called a minor knee contusion has now kept the rebounding machine out a full three weeks. Perhaps those Brazilian reports of a torn quad had some validity as coach Byron Scott reportedly sounded "pessimistic" Tuesday, saying he expects Varejao back "this year."

Plenty more of this to come.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#82 » by Niko23 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:18 pm

Just heard it on local radio - AV out 6-8 weeks. You guys can take him off his list
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#83 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:49 pm

Yikes. Well we need a shooting guard anyway.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,814

Post#84 » by shrink » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:13 pm

Niko23 wrote:Just heard it on local radio - AV out 6-8 weeks. You guys can take him off his list

appreciate the update niko
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,503

Post#85 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:39 pm

Yup, scratch that one off the list.

Back to Pau...:lol:
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#86 » by cpfsf » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:46 pm

Klomp wrote:Yup, scratch that one off the list.

Back to Pau...:lol:

a trade is theoretically possible, but i haven't really seen a proposal that makes any sense.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#87 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:22 pm

I don't see anyone in the NBA trading for Pau at this point. He's taken a huge nose dive.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#88 » by Viljanen » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:22 pm

I would do a Williams + Roy + Barea for Gasol.

Kirilenko? well that´s too much at this point even for me being a Gasol fan.

Pau is one of the very few superstars around the league who would come and play super professional from minute 0 even if this is not a big market. His contract is big but short enough not to be a problem.

There´s at least a 50% chance he´ll come back to shape and play 2 more years at elite level. I think that´s the biggest window this team has to be a contender next year (provided they can resign Pek). It´s a risk, but I think it´s better than not doing anything. The current core is not wining a championship. With a healthy Pau, next year...
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#89 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:51 pm

Viljanen wrote:I would do a Williams + Roy + Barea for Gasol.

Kirilenko? well that´s too much at this point even for me being a Gasol fan.

Pau is one of the very few superstars around the league who would come and play super professional from minute 0 even if this is not a big market. His contract is big but short enough not to be a problem.

There´s at least a 50% chance he´ll come back to shape and play 2 more years at elite level. I think that´s the biggest window this team has to be a contender next year (provided they can resign Pek). It´s a risk, but I think it´s better than not doing anything. The current core is not wining a championship. With a healthy Pau, next year...

So who plays in the post? Pek or Gasoil? If it's Pek then Pau is stuck in the same sutuation so what's the poit if he can't play center full time? I don't believe for a second that he can lift us to contender status.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 909

Post#90 » by Saltine » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 am

Pau is not a superstar, this whole line of thought is a wee bit delusional... he's an old guy with knee problems who is paid way too much cash.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#91 » by Viljanen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:16 am

Turnover_21 wrote:So who plays in the post? Pek or Gasoil? If it's Pek then Pau is stuck in the same sutuation so what's the poit if he can't play center full time? I don't believe for a second that he can lift us to contender status.

Pau can play some PF and some as backup C. The problem with him now is that he´s going through injuries and the kind of PF he´s been told to be in Lakers. He played this summer in the Olimpics paired with Marc Gasol and the result was good. He´s played with Bynum with quite success as well. Playing PF´s minutes he can recieve the ball at Cunningham´s spots on offense and be able not only to take the jumper but also to be a complete triple threat (as much as i like Cunningham, he´s quite limited offensively).

Having Pau and Love, or Pau and Pek playing against the reserve unit of the rival´s team is a huge advantage. You can just put balls inside and watch them work and get foul calls.
(If healthy) we´d have by far the best interior game of the league, at least two more years of cheap quality players at PG and SG positions (Rubio/Shved), a great glue guy as AK and a 6th man/3 point threat like Buddinger. I´d like our chances much more than not trying anything.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves