Around the League: 2012-2013

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Re: Around the League: 2012-2013 

Post#521 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:13 pm

So it looks like the Kings might be headed to Seattle. I'm glad for the Seattle fans but that really sucks for Kings fans. I always hate to see the smaller market teams have to move. The crappy owners get their money and the fans get screwed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#522 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello Seattle!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season. The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say. No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy. The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.

Might this be the time to re-draw division lines?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#523 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:18 pm

Klomp wrote:He

:pray:

Of course they would probably just put us in the Pacific Div.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#524 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:23 pm

C.lupus wrote:

Thinking about it more, I think realignment would be a MUST now because Seattle and Portland would be in two different divisions.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#525 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:32 pm

Klomp wrote:
C.lupus wrote:

Thinking about it more, I think realignment would be a MUST now because Seattle and Portland would be in two different divisions.

We're not in the same division as Milwaukee or Chicago, I don't see Portland and Seattle being in different divisions as being any worse.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#526 » by cpfsf » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:36 pm

C.lupus wrote:

nah, stern will just throw us in some new european division.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#527 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:39 pm

Pacific
Seattle
Portland
GSW
LAC
LAL

Northwest (or whatever you want to call it)
Minnesota
Denver
Utah
OKC
PHX

Not ideal but not any worse than what we have currently.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#528 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:46 pm

C.lupus wrote:Pacific
Seattle
Portland
GSW
LAC
LAL

Northwest (or whatever you want to call it)
Minnesota
Denver
Utah
OKC
PHX

Not ideal but not any worse than what we have currently.

See my thread on Gen board. Thats the easy fix. I proposed a bolder move as well.
Or I'll just post it here

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#529 » by Tirion » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:33 pm

Klomp wrote:Hello Seattle!

The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season. The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say. No agreement signed, but one source describes deal as "1st and goal at 1." Maloofs history of changing course late still makes many uneasy. The Maloofs are expected to keep an extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say.

If Kings are worth $500 million, I wonder how much the Wolves are. It gotta be higher, right?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#530 » by Basti » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 am

Tirion wrote:
Klomp wrote:Hello Seattle!

If Kings are worth $500 million, I wonder how much the Wolves are. It gotta be higher, right?

I surely hope so.

I'd also like to know by how much the Seattle group overpaid for the Kings. I'd assume they were willing to pay a bit more than market value to get a team back to Seattle.

Poor Kings fans, by the way. I remember the days when I loved watching the Kings in the early 2000's.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#531 » by Jukeness » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 am

My dude was Mitch Richmond, loved his jumpshot.
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Post#532 » by Peezo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 am

If you haven't ever seen "Sonicgate" I think it is worth watching for any NBA fan. I found the whole hour+ long documentary on YouTube. It chronicles how Seattle lost the Sonics. It is well-done, but makes you really hate the idea of anyone losing their team to another market. The Sonics fans at the end lament the same thing saying, "Yeah I want us to get another team someday, but I know it will probably just mean us stealing someone else's team and I wouldn't wish that on any fan."
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#533 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:11 am

Just realized something. If it indeed goes through, I'd be shocked if any other team won the Draft Lottery.

My other thought. The SonicKings have some of the NBAs most dislikeable players in Cousins and Evans. Tough for a fan base that used to watch Durant.

One final thought. It'd be cool if Smart was fired and they named Nate McMillan their new coach.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#534 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 am

Paul George. That is all.

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#535 » by southern wolf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:26 am

Klomp wrote:Paul George. That is all.

He would be just about untouchable, but the Pacers should trade Granger to us and build around George and Dr. Hibbert.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#536 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 am

southern wolf wrote:
Klomp wrote:Paul George. That is all.

He would be just about untouchable, but the Pacers should trade Granger to us and build around George and Dr. Hibbert.

I realize that. Was just saying he's a stud. Can't believe Pacers been forcing him to play SG. He's home now.

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#537 » by The J Rocka » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 am

I don't think I'll ever let the Flynn for 10th pick (George) go. I just can't. It bothers me so much. We knew we weren't going to get him with our 16th pick and Flynn wasn't going to live up to being a top 10 pick, even before the injury. Figured after the Jazz took Hayward, that was our chance, and Kahn blew it. Damn shame.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#538 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:52 am

The J Rocka wrote:I don't think I'll ever let the Flynn for 10th pick (George) go. I just can't. It bothers me so much. We knew we weren't going to get him with our 16th pick and Flynn wasn't going to live up to being a top 10 pick, even before the injury. Figured after the Jazz took Hayward, that was our chance, and Kahn blew it. Damn shame.

Wasn't that rumor shot down as being not on the table?

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#539 » by The J Rocka » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 am

Klomp wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:I don't think I'll ever let the Flynn for 10th pick (George) go. I just can't. It bothers me so much. We knew we weren't going to get him with our 16th pick and Flynn wasn't going to live up to being a top 10 pick, even before the injury. Figured after the Jazz took Hayward, that was our chance, and Kahn blew it. Damn shame.

Wasn't that rumor shot down as being not on the table?

I remember Bird later on shot it down but I feel Bird was just keeping it on the down low. They really needed a PG at the time and Flynn still had value. Regardless, we should used that 16th pick as incentive to get into the top 10 instead of blowing it on Webster. Trade down with our 4th pick!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#540 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 am

Falling farther out of playoff race...thanks Miami.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves