ImageImage

It appears Ferry did well drafting Jenkins.

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

parson
RealGM
And1: 469

It appears Ferry did well drafting Jenkins. 

Post#1 » by parson » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:00 am

Guy can play a little, huh? I especially liked his quick hands on defense. Nice block on (5'9") Barea.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Re: It appears Ferry did well drafting Jenkins. 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:28 am

Indeed. I wasn't initially very high on the pick, but dude has changed my perception quickly. He is improving rapidly.

I can't remember the last time I said this, but I hope this kid stays with the Hawks franchise for his entire career. I can see Zaza and Jenkins being crowd favorites for a long time.
parson
RealGM

Post#3 » by parson » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:52 am

And I wanted Ezeli. Go figure.

He appears to have a ceiling of a better Kevin Martin, considering he has a longer wingspan and better (in form and quickness) shot.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#4 » by ATL Boy » Wed Jan 9, 2013 9:00 pm

Ferry is a genius, I wasn't mad at all when he picked Jenkins because I saw him play at Vandy. But I feel you Parson, I wanted Fab Melo, he's turning out to be an early bust
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
parson
RealGM

Post#5 » by parson » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 am

I confess, I'm such a poor talent scout that I wanted Melo (second to Ezeli), as well.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 970

Post#6 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 am

Was actually happy Ferry took a shot at Jenkins. At the time of the draft, I wanted PJIII(still do), but Jenkins was only behind Melo because I felt we needed to develop a young center. Knowing that Jenkins was probably the best shooter the college ranks has seen in a while, i would have hated to see him in Miami..
FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Post#7 » by FCNATL85 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Parson I also admit wanting Ezeli. I also think that I would love to see both reunited...in ATL of course at some point. Ezeli is a beast!

In any case, I think that Ferry and Drew collectivelly also did a good job of managing JJ's time. Not keeping him frustrated while he was learning from vets without getting much PT, then a short but very successful stint in DL and back with us for more consitent PT.

End result, both JJ and Scott are contributing more than I thought they would, especially Scott!
gurpilo
Junior
And1: 30

Post#8 » by gurpilo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 pm

I wanted Perry Jones and think he will be a better player, I think we could have had also JJ with the 2nd rounder. Anyway I think JJ will be just fine, he just need more minutes there to gain some confidence.

Return to Atlanta Hawks