ImageImageImageImageImage

What Exactly Is The Issue?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Gunner24
Junior
And1: 10

Re: What Exactly Is The Issue? 

Post#221 » by Gunner24 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:37 am

We are old and we lack energy. Along with this, the players who we thought were good have declined immensely. 3 years ago this would have been a dream team. Nash, Gasol, Howard, Jamison are not the same dominant players they used to be. Although Nash is still looking pretty good.

I say we cash in now while we can and try to steal some players from the Grizzlies. I'd be more than happy to trade anyone of our big name players (apart from Kobe) for Gay along with some draft picks or fillers. We absolutely need to get younger, I'm sick of having old players. How long has it been since we had a high draft pick or a genuine young talent who we know will be dominant in the future? I would have preferred it if we kept Ramon Sessions

The league is now full of young teams who like to run (Houston, Thunder, Denver etc.) so we just can't compete with them at this stage.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#222 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:16 pm

Gunner24 wrote:We are old and we lack energy. Along with this, the players who we thought were good have declined immensely. 3 years ago this would have been a dream team. Nash, Gasol, Howard, Jamison are not the same dominant players they used to be. Although Nash is still looking pretty good.

Yeah, I just don't think this team can collectively keep up with the better younger teams. If it was 1 or 2 older prominent players that's one thing, but 5-6-7 major rotation guys (with little help) is just not working. The team is always looking flat and outhustled, I don't think it's because of lack of effort, it's mainly because other teams have much younger, quicker legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM-yDUB-XD4

I say we cash in now while we can and try to steal some players from the Grizzlies. I'd be more than happy to trade anyone of our big name players (apart from Kobe) for Gay along with some draft picks or fillers. We absolutely need to get younger, I'm sick of having old players. How long has it been since we had a high draft pick or a genuine young talent who we know will be dominant in the future?

To answer your question- the guy who got hurt bowling. ;) The trade was a steal for us, it's just unfortunate that Dwight is still stiff and recovering from the back surgery.
curryshimmylol
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Kobe failing as a leader and destroying Lakers confidenc 

Post#223 » by curryshimmylol » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:15 pm

GeneralNash wrote:Dwight denied the stories, there is no beef between Dwight and Kobe.

Dwight is an honest guy so you can trust what he says right? He didn't deny saying him and Van Gundy weren't getting a long last year either, oh wait.

I agree with the OP and many of the Lakers fans here. Kobe just doesn't know how to lead and build his teams confidence. He just insults and breaks down team morale.

But i'm sure he will take a pay cut next year so you can buy someone else. He only cares about rings and not money right? Right????? RIGHT???????????????????
curryshimmylol
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#224 » by curryshimmylol » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:19 pm

IS THERE REALLY AN ISSUE HERE GUYS? IT COULDN'T BE KOBE RIGHT?
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#225 » by leeprettyp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:32 pm

curryshimmylol wrote:
GeneralNash wrote:Dwight denied the stories, there is no beef between Dwight and Kobe.

Dwight is an honest guy so you can trust what he says right? He didn't deny saying him and Van Gundy weren't getting a long last year either, oh wait.

I agree with the OP and many of the Lakers fans here. Kobe just doesn't know how to lead and build his teams confidence. He just insults and breaks down team morale.

But i'm sure he will take a pay cut next year so you can buy someone else. He only cares about rings and not money right? Right????? RIGHT???????????????????

Bill Simmons is that you????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#226 » by Doormatt » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:55 pm

curryshimmylol wrote:

I agree with the OP and many of the Lakers fans here. Kobe just doesn't know how to lead and build his teams confidence. He just insults and breaks down team morale

i cant find a single laker fan that has said that other than the op who seems to be bipolar.
#doorgek
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Lakers Only Practice D for 15-20 Minutes 

Post#227 » by kblo247 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:04 am

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports

While I was in L.A. this weekend, I spoke with 4 @Lakers that told me the team dedicates only 15-20 minutes of practice time to defense

https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports/stat ... 5398032384

I kid you not ladies and gentlemen, that's why it looks like it takes them a whole game to get rotations down by the fourth. They treat defense like less than a lunch break
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: Lakers Only Practice D for 15-20 Minutes 

Post#228 » by Doormatt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 am

pretty dumb but still there needs to be more effort from everyone even if they dont practice it consistently.
#doorgek
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#229 » by ROballer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 am

Hey ,we only gave up 108 points last night

Now that's what I call an improvement
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#230 » by kblo247 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:30 am

Doormatt wrote:pretty dumb but still there needs to be more effort from everyone even if they dont practice it consistently.

This isn't a team that has been together though. I mean Kobe and Pau have had 6 years together, Metta 4, but other than Ebanks and Morris who are trivial, everyone else is in their first calendar year together. Hill hits one year in a couple of months btw. How do you expect to build cohesion by not practicing when the majority of the rotation is all new and the 4 youngsters have hardly played at this level? You have to build some cohesion on that end. I'm not saying run them In the ground but you have to make a situation where guys know one another and where the others are on D by instinct. Right now we have a team full of guys second guessing me another or doing their own thing
EnigmaticProblem
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#231 » by EnigmaticProblem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Just want to get a sense of what other guys think about trapping the pick. Everyone knows we're atrocious at hedging and recovering-- We're also atrocious at making sure there isn't a switch. Do you guys think trapping the pick would work? Our bigs have tremendous length, so it'd be a very difficult pass out of the trap. . .
PandGneverfold
Banned User
And1: 42

Post#232 » by PandGneverfold » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 pm

This Kobe doesn't know how to build his teams confidence is stupid. There is no rift between Kobe and Howard. The team is losing and guys are edgy. All you trolls are just trying to push an agenda based 'I told you so'. Smh what trolls have been reduced to.
doobee
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#233 » by doobee » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:07 pm

It looks like we should be doing well… Kobe playing good, our D on paper should be ok with D12, Pau and Metta. Both of our coaches are not my #1 choices but I think they are not this terrible.

I think we lack shooting especially 3pt shooting. We are #3 in the league in 3 point attempts but only 14th at 3P%. If we gonna shoot so many 3s we have to make more… this will lead to better D because other team will have less chances to run on us (long shots long rebounds). Plus all our stars get doubled all the time and have to pass out of it.

I know it’s easy to say just make more shots but I really think with some minor improvement in this area the Lakers can be a different team.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#234 » by ArC_man » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:24 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports

While I was in L.A. this weekend, I spoke with 4 @Lakers that told me the team dedicates only 15-20 minutes of practice time to defense

https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports/stat ... 5398032384

I kid you not ladies and gentlemen, that's why it looks like it takes them a whole game to get rotations down by the fourth. They treat defense like less than a lunch break

Don't they only practice for like 1 hour? So if you think about it, D'Antoni probably thinks he's spending a lot of time on defense in terms of percentage of practice time :lol:
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#235 » by JustAwesome » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:34 am

They spend more than an hour practicing.
EnigmaticProblem
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#236 » by EnigmaticProblem » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:53 am

0-11. . .

Everyone can see we're taking way too many threes, especially for the kind of talent we have on the floor.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers