Mem/Phil- we get meeks

Mem gets Meeks in a S&T
Phil gets their second round pick back that we got for Sam Young
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#82 » by SparksFly87 » Fri Oct 5, 2012 2:58 pm

Philly offers Guard Evan Turner and Forward Thaddues Young for Rudy Gay.
Basketball MVP
Junior
And1: 406

Post#83 » by Basketball MVP » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:28 am

SparksFly87 wrote:Philly offers Guard Evan Turner and Forward Thaddues Young for Rudy Gay.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't trust ET to fill the gap Gay would leave, and Thaddeus is a hybrid 3/4, and hybrids aren't that great.
Memphis basketball
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#84 » by SparksFly87 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 am

Indy gets Evan Turner and Thad Young, Memphis gets Granger and a future pick from Indy . Sixers acquire Gay.
Basketball MVP
Junior
And1: 406

Post#85 » by Basketball MVP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:32 am

SparksFly87 wrote:Indy gets Evan Turner and Thad Young, Memphis gets Granger and a future pick from Indy . Sixers acquire Gay.

That I would be downgrading in a sense. Gay is much better then Granger.
Memphis basketball
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#86 » by joseph mamah » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 pm

wow, I guess the Pistons board isnt the only one who has Gay penciled into their starting lineup next season, lol. would there be any interest in Stuckey, Jerebko, Maggettes expiring (10 mil) and a future lottery protected 1st for Gay. we still owe Charlotte a 1st rounder, so the pick wouldnt come through until at least 2016.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#87 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 am

joseph mamah wrote:wow, I guess the Pistons board isnt the only one who has Gay penciled into their starting lineup next season, lol. would there be any interest in Stuckey, Jerebko, Maggettes expiring (10 mil) and a future lottery protected 1st for Gay. we still owe Charlotte a 1st rounder, so the pick wouldnt come through until at least 2016.

I'd rather give you Tony Wroten, Wayne Ellington, and a future unprotected first for Stuckey
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#88 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:18 am

Alright, assuming a situation where you had to trade Gay, which do you prefer?

Memphis trades: Gay, Allen, Ellington, Pondexter
Memphis gets: Ellis, Prince, Maggette

Conley - Bayless - Selby
Ellis - Wroten
Prince - Maggette
Randolph - Speights/Arthur
Gasol - Hadaddi

or

Memphis trades: Gay
Memphis gets: Young, Turner

Conley - Bayless - Selby
Allen - Ellington - Wroten
Turner - Young - Pondexter
Gasol - Hadaddi

In my opinion, Memphis wouldn't trade Gay in either instance. However, which trade leaves you better this year? Which trade makes your long term future brighter? Which trade makes more financial sense?

Thanks for playing along, I just lost in the trade tournament, and was curious about your reactions to this scenario.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach

Post#89 » by Marvin Martian » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:Alright, assuming a situation where you had to trade Gay, which do you prefer?

Memphis trades: Gay, Allen, Ellington, Pondexter
Memphis gets: Ellis, Prince, Maggette

Conley - Bayless - Selby
Ellis - Wroten
Prince - Maggette
Gasol - Hadaddi

or

Memphis trades: Gay
Memphis gets: Young, Turner

Conley - Bayless - Selby
Allen - Ellington - Wroten
Turner - Young - Pondexter
Gasol - Hadaddi

In my opinion, Memphis wouldn't trade Gay in either instance. However, which trade leaves you better this year? Which trade makes your long term future brighter? Which trade makes more financial sense?

Thanks for playing along, I just lost in the trade tournament, and was curious about your reactions to this scenario.

Option 1 is full of scrubs that do not actually improve the team now or in the future. Not to mention it makes MEM a huge liability on the defensive perimeter.

Option 2 is still bad, but at least Tuner can play the 2 or the 3 and Young can play the 3 or the 4, Giving MEM a little bit of versatility. Also, Ellis' contract is not included.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#90 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:16 pm

As an independent outsider, I am wondering why so many teams boards on RealGM think they can trade for Rudy Gay? I really like the team you guys have constructed and think you should keep your core. But, everyone seems to think that Gay is going to be traded. Can ya'll enlighten me why would you even do this besides luxury cap. I would get rid of Randolph myself if push came to shove.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#91 » by SD2042 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 am

If it were to come down to this, the move to go for is RG22. Why? Memphis is a small market like OKC and like them, attracting or retaining free agents to small markets is hard by nature due to the city's economy. Especially if you're a team w/o any titles or struggling to carve a niche in this league.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach

Post#92 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 am

SD2042 wrote:If it were to come down to this, the move to go for is RG22. Why? Memphis is a small market like OKC and like them, attracting or retaining free agents to small markets is hard by nature due to the city's economy. Especially if you're a team w/o any titles or struggling to carve a niche in this league.

Gay is already on a max contract and is still on the team so that MAY be an excuse when his contract is up but i don't see it happening since Z-bo's contract would also be up at the same time and i don't see him asking for more money than he's getting right now. Gay on the other hand, will attract a lot of teams so another max contract is likely.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#93 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:50 am

someone posted this on the T&T board, wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

To TOR: Rudy Gay + Wayne Ellington + Dj Augustin
To IND: Terrence Ross + Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza
To MEM: Danny Granger + Alan Anderson

* Memphis clears 4.6 of immediate salary putting them underneath the luxury tax.

I thought Granger fit your current team better by providing better spacing but obviously he would need to prove his health and something like this take place closer to the trade deadline but assuming all is well, what do you think?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
laydo
Junior
And1: 2

Post#94 » by laydo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:07 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:someone posted this on the T&T board, wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

To TOR: Rudy Gay + Wayne Ellington + Dj Augustin
To IND: Terrence Ross + Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza
To MEM: Danny Granger + Alan Anderson

* Memphis clears 4.6 of immediate salary putting them underneath the luxury tax.

I thought Granger fit your current team better by providing better spacing but obviously he would need to prove his health and something like this take place closer to the trade deadline but assuming all is well, what do you think?

Pacers fan here. I don't think we want to move Granger right now, and Ellington plays well in Memphis and I don't think they want to move him either.

Combine with the rumor about Sixers want to get Maynor, here's my thought:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=at9nyfs

MEM get: Beasley, Dudley, 1st round pick from PHX
PHX get: Gay, Lamb
OKC get: Wright, Ivy
PHI get: W-Johnson, Maynor

For MEM, clear over 6 million this season and get a qulified role player, Dudley, and a potential (if you think so), Beasley.

For PHX, upgrade for the wings.

For OKC, get a back-up wing player.

For PHI, get a back-up point guard.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#95 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:45 pm

Why don't you guys trade Randolph for Pau Gasol so Pau could play with his brother?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#96 » by Baby Bop » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:30 pm

basic framework of the deal. Final could involve draft picks, young players, more bad contracts...

Lakers Out: Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace
Lakers In: Andrea Bargnani, Rudy Gay

Lakers gain youth and better fits, taking on longer-term salary to pay the price for it.

Howard /Hill
Bargnani /Jamison
Gay /Ebanks
Bryant /Meeks
Nash /Morris

Grizzlies Out: Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay
Grizzlies In: Pau Gasol, DeMar DeRozan, Jose Calderon

Shorter contracts, as well as a useful player and big expiring in Jose. DeMar isn't much worse, but is a less costly version of Rudy.

Gasol /Speights
Gasol /Arthur
DeRozan /Pondexter
Allen /Bayless
Calderon /Conley

Raptors Out: DeMar DeRozan, Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon
Raptors In: Zach Randolph, Metta World Peace

Get into the Playoffs and possible make some noise for the first time in a long time.

Valanciunas /Johnson
Randolph /Davis
World Peace /Fields
Anderson /Ross /Pietrus
Lowry /Lucas
RIP Jerry Buss
jefe
General Manager
And1: 634

Post#97 » by jefe » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:38 pm

Baby Bop wrote:basic framework of the deal. Final could involve draft picks, young players, more bad contracts...

Lakers Out: Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace
Lakers In: Andrea Bargnani, Rudy Gay

Lakers gain youth and better fits, taking on longer-term salary to pay the price for it.

Howard /Hill
Bargnani /Jamison
Gay /Ebanks
Bryant /Meeks
Nash /Morris

Grizzlies Out: Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay
Grizzlies In: Pau Gasol, DeMar DeRozan, Jose Calderon

Shorter contracts, as well as a useful player and big expiring in Jose. DeMar isn't much worse, but is a less costly version of Rudy.

Gasol /Speights
Gasol /Arthur
DeRozan /Pondexter
Allen /Bayless
Calderon /Conley

Raptors Out: DeMar DeRozan, Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon
Raptors In: Zach Randolph, Metta World Peace

Get into the Playoffs and possible make some noise for the first time in a long time.

Valanciunas /Johnson
Randolph /Davis
World Peace /Fields
Anderson /Ross /Pietrus
Lowry /Lucas

Unspeakably bad for the Grizzlies
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,431

Post#98 » by Morse Code » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm not a Derozan fanboy but I don't understand the hate for DD from memphis fans. He's slightly worse than Gay this seasons statistically, he's younger and a hard worker (adds more to his game every season) and about half the price. From the raptors perspective most of us would rather include DD than Ross just because Ross has great upside, plays really good D, can shoot from beyond the 3 line, gets out on fast breaks and very athletic. Many raptors fans believe he will be better than Demar within a few seasons if given the same opportunity. Not to mention he's on a rookie contract and seems like a team-first kind of guy. Calderon doesn't serve much purpose other than the expiring 11M plus his on-court chemistry with Gasol. He would be one of, if not the best, back up PG in the league which would help MEM in the playoffs.

I have seen some pretty good offers from other teams, that the Raptors wouldn't be able to match, but they are coming from fans, and we don't know what has actually been offered, obviously. If it turns out that you guys can get somebody like Derrick Williams +picks/expirings, or AK47, or something like that, then good luck. If not, I think DD would mesh well with your lineup and continue to get better, and T Ross could also start right away and be an asset for the future.

At this point, Raptors are willing to give up anything but Lowry and Valanciunas, IMO. Also, we would want to keep one of DD or Ross. You guys don't like a Calderon + DD or Ross + fields/Kleiza or Ed Davis package at all? Our feeling is that DD would be better because it means less raping of our cap space from taking on Gay. That's why I thought Ross or Ed Davis would be better than fields/DD because they're super cheap and young, but one poster seemed to want Calderon + DD + Fields, which from Raptors perspective is MUCH better than just Calderon + DD + filler or Calderon + Ross + filler. You would be doing us a favor to take Fields lol
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Post#99 » by deneem4 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Everyone gets what they want...who says no?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9954b2
And add a 2013 2nd round to kings from washington

Wizards get talent
Grizzlies get low cost replacements and wing shooters
Rockets get defense, better back court chemistry and a low post threat...
Kings get an older cousins, back court defense, a 6th man, a pure shooter on the wing, and 2nd round pick
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#100 » by dark-child » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:17 am

deneem4 wrote:Everyone gets what they want...who says no?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9954b2
And add a 2013 2nd round to kings from washington

Wizards get talent
Grizzlies get low cost replacements and wing shooters
Rockets get defense, better back court chemistry and a low post threat...
Kings get an older cousins, back court defense, a 6th man, a pure shooter on the wing, and 2nd round pick

so are you Beavis or Butthead? THIS IS A VERY BAD JOKE!

Return to Memphis Grizzlies