ImageImageImageImageImage

The 2012-13 NCAA Knicks fan March Madness Bracket group

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

SkyMason21
Junior
And1: 79

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#101 » by SkyMason21 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:43 am

StumptheSlob wrote:Wouldn't mind the Knicks picking up Patric Young, Jeff Withey, Phil Pressey or Kabongo. Young would be that young, athletic big that could back-up Amar'e However, I feel like he'll move up the boards during/after the combine. Withey could be a nice replacement for Chandler down the line. He's a great defensively, pretty athletic and explosive around the rim. He could learn a lot from Chandler in his first few years. Of course, Pressey and Kabongo speak for themselves. Kabongo would likely be out of our range, but who knows.

I dunno about Young moving up to much. Everyone knows how strong/athletic he is, the reason why he is so low is because his skills aren't all that appealing. He can't shoot, his post game is basic ( mostly uses a hook shot over either shoulder), until this year despite his physical tools he was never much of a shot blocker, and he isn't a great defender. (BUT if he was available at our pick I'd be fine taking him, just based on that if he improves defensively he could guard 4s and some 5s)
UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#102 » by UnderdogKnicks » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:52 am

SkyMason21 wrote:
StumptheSlob wrote:Wouldn't mind the Knicks picking up Patric Young, Jeff Withey, Phil Pressey or Kabongo. Young would be that young, athletic big that could back-up Amar'e However, I feel like he'll move up the boards during/after the combine. Withey could be a nice replacement for Chandler down the line. He's a great defensively, pretty athletic and explosive around the rim. He could learn a lot from Chandler in his first few years. Of course, Pressey and Kabongo speak for themselves. Kabongo would likely be out of our range, but who knows.

I dunno about Young moving up to much. Everyone knows how strong/athletic he is, the reason why he is so low is because his skills aren't all that appealing. He can't shoot, his post game is basic ( mostly uses a hook shot over either shoulder), until this year despite his physical tools he was never much of a shot blocker, and he isn't a great defender. (BUT if he was available at our pick I'd be fine taking him, just based on that if he improves defensively he could guard 4s and some 5s)

I forgot about Young, u're right I would be fine if we took him. Solid role player for a late 1st round pick, think his NBA comparison is like Jason Maxiell. I got a feeling the Heat will draft him, they love athleticism and small big men.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#103 » by No-Man » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 am

We need to draft a shooter or a dribble guard.

Canaan/Crabbe for me.
SkyMason21
Junior

Post#104 » by SkyMason21 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 am

UnderdogKnicks wrote:
SkyMason21 wrote:

I forgot about Young, u're right I would be fine if we took him. Solid role player for a late 1st round pick, think his NBA comparison is like Jason Maxiell. I got a feeling the Heat will draft him, they love athleticism and small big men.

They would but I believe the Suns have the Heat pick (via Lakers from the sessions trade with the Cavs)
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#105 » by yaboynyp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:59 am

Tbh I want no parts of Phil Pressey… I loooove his game, but not for my team. He’s simply too small and he can’t finish at the rim. He’s shooting something like 20% in those shots. Defensively he would struggle against Nba point guards, and if he had to switch? Yikes..

Obviously his ability to create for others is appealing but I think those other things cancel that out…

What do you guys think about TJ Warren (Nc State)? Kid makes it look easy on offense..
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#106 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 pm

SMDH... one loss to a scrub team for their first loss and the Lobos drop from 17 to out of the top 25...

Anyways VS 8 Cincinatti tonight on ESPN could be a good game.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by yaboynyp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:02 am

Alex Kirk looks a lot quicker and in better shape. Pretty big win for them getting #8 on the road..
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#108 » by yaboynyp » Wed Jan 2, 2013 9:01 pm

Conference play is starting.. Can’t wait, finally some good matchups consistently
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#109 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Jan 3, 2013 2:51 am

This whole St John's shooting three's thing, it's nice. Should've made Harrison get contacts years ago, god only imagines how good he can be now... :lol:
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#110 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 4, 2013 6:02 pm

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_vBTNsCEAAId1R.jpg:large

Screw job in full effect.. How could the refs not count this basket?
SkyMason21
Junior

Post#111 » by SkyMason21 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:44 am

Anyone seen Kelly Olynyk from Gonzaga a lot? I keep hearing about him and he just had a great game, 33 pts 10 rebs.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#112 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 pm

SkyMason21 wrote:Anyone seen Kelly Olynyk from Gonzaga a lot? I keep hearing about him and he just had a great game, 33 pts 10 rebs.

Talented player who struggled with injuries and finding a role. Has really bulked up and looks like a legit center prospect. Skilled, not overly athletic but makes up for it with length, agility and effort. Tough guy aswell. Think of a little less rugged but more skilled Joakim Noah...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#113 » by yaboynyp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
SkyMason21 wrote:Anyone seen Kelly Olynyk from Gonzaga a lot? I keep hearing about him and he just had a great game, 33 pts 10 rebs.

Talented player who struggled with injuries and finding a role. Has really bulked up and looks like a legit center prospect. Skilled, not overly athletic but makes up for it with length, agility and effort. Tough guy aswell. Think of a little less rugged but more skilled Joakim Noah...

Probably used that redshirt year to his benefit, came back a completely different player
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:

Probably used that redshirt year to his benefit, came back a completely different player

Definitely. He has shown the development that never really happened with Elias Harris for the Zags...
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by yaboynyp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Haha meant to say that as an affirmative not a question.. He absolutely used that redshirt year to his benefit, got as much out of it as anyone in recent memory in my eyes..
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:09 am

yaboynyp wrote:Haha meant to say that as an affirmative not a question.. He absolutely used that redshirt year to his benefit, got as much out of it as anyone in recent memory in my eyes..

That's how I took it... :D

Man, Michigan State really played terrible but stole one in Iowa. Miami beat UNC, Kenny Kadji is a monster that not many people know about... lottery pick potential easily...
JoseChinga
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#117 » by JoseChinga » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:07 am

Flaming Mo wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:Haha meant to say that as an affirmative not a question.. He absolutely used that redshirt year to his benefit, got as much out of it as anyone in recent memory in my eyes..

Man, Michigan State really played terrible but stole one in Iowa. Miami beat UNC, Kenny Kadji is a monster that not many people know about... lottery pick potential easily...

He has good size, good defender, can score in a variety ways but here's where Kenny is lacking

a 6"11 dude who shoots 43% from the FG and takes 3 to 4 threepointshots a game. Kenny is the same age as me, 24 and he turns 25 this year. That means if he enters the NBA, by his 3rd season he'll be 28. Not sure if a lottery team wants to invest in that type of potential.

No chance he slides into the lottery. He's not even in anyone's mock draft, and I'm talking about late second round pick. But it's possible he can land in the first round. We'll see how things developed.

Trey Burke has been impressive, but I'm in love with Ben McClamore...I would no doubt trade Shumpert if the opportunity was there to get Ben. His game is almost flawless.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzufDLiYTNc[/youtube]
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:10 pm

I agree, McLemore is special.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#119 » by yaboynyp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:

That Miami team has some talent. Reggie Johnson is a load down there, and Kadji is silly
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:49 pm

yaboynyp wrote:That Miami team has some talent. Reggie Johnson is a load down there, and Kadji is silly

It's way early but they have the look of a team that can make noise in March. Larranega is a very good coach and they seem to buy into him. Very experienced team (lots of seniors), immense size and good shooters. Plus they got a sparkplug in Larkin at PG...

Return to New York Knicks