ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,114

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#921 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:04 pm

Regardless of the validity of the girls claims it vindicates our franchise. This guy puts himself into bad situations and more than likely hangs out with an entourage of punks that pollute his mind even further. I don't care how well he's doing in Brooklyn -in a contract year, coming off the bench-, good riddance.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#922 » by closg00 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:06 pm

True, Dray never learns, now he is jeopardizing his chances for a new contract. Dray strikes me as the type to blow-through his millions quickly.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#923 » by queridiculo » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:37 pm

"Im ok and I didn't do anything jus was n the area when it happened," wrote Andray Blatche on his Twitter feed.

I'm glad you're ok Baltche, what a class act.
closg00
RealGM

Post#924 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 pm

dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#925 » by dobrojim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm

not quite a former, more like a coulda/woulda but couldn't help but
think we might have been nearly as unhappy with Enes Kanter if we
had been able to pick him (as many of us wanted, incl me) instead
of Ves. Caught a brief blurb on him last night before the espn games
and I think UT fans rightfully expected more for a #3 overall.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#926 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 am

DCZards wrote:Here's a few excerpts from a column in today's Denver Post about McGee that was posted on another thread.

For $10 million, you would think Nuggets center JaVale McGee could buy a clue.
You would be dead wrong. It's impossible to make a basketball player smarter by overpaying him.

In a single 7-foot bundle of confusion, McGee and his unfulfilled potential represent everything that's wrong with the Nuggets, a team coach George Karl labeled as arrogant and immature after a putrid home loss Thursday night against Minnesota.

With 5 minutes, 8 seconds remaining in the fourth period of a tie game, Timberwolves guard J.J. Barea, who's about as physically imposing as JWoww from "Jersey Shore," drove the lane to the rim. McGee stood there and did nothing, as Barea made an uncontested layup. Karl called timeout. McGee took a seat on the bench. The Big Tease never returned to the court.

I would give McGee a one-way bus ticket to Altoona, Pa. Trade his unfulfilled potential in a heartbeat. Don't let the door hit you on the way out of town, big fella.

But, based primarily on a single, amazing 21-point playoff game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri gave McGee a four-year, $44 million contract, in effect doubling down on a bet that money can instill passion in a tall guy who doesn't particularly love basketball (e.g. Nene).

There are advanced hoops metrics that suggest McGee is the team's most productive player. But as I watched McGee struggle like a frustrated third-grader, as he stubbornly tried to pull on a dress shirt and a sweater over his head at the same time following the loss to Minnesota, my lone thought was: Wow, can stats tell a real doozy of a lie.

That was shear awesomeness DVZ

And I just watched a Nick Young interview the other day. Wow. Still not a lick smarter then when he left.

So Nick is making 6M this year. What cha think he will be making next year ? And where ?

Glad we let Nick and McGee go. We may not have the record to show for it right now, but I much prefer the type of players we have on the roster today. Now we just have to see what they all look like on the court together and healthy.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#927 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 am

keynote wrote:
closg00 wrote:Proceed cautiously here, this tap story has all the makings of a classic honey-trap. The female was dragged upstairs to the hotel room? This will end with a "settlement"

That's entirely possible. That's *still* "trouble," though. Blatche was *still* up at 4 AM (with a game that night, if I have the time line right), hanging w/ a crowd and in an environment where he'd be susceptible to a "honey-trap."

Some players can live like that and get away with it. Blatche has not shown the ability thus far in his career to live that way and remain unscathed.

A while back I saw a "home video" that featured Ray Lewis, Snoop Dogg, some women, and you fill in the rest. The lifestyles of some athletes would be shocking to the average person.

In this case it is obvious some hired entertainment was providing services and something went down. Someone, too, probably, if you know what I mean. The question arises if one of Andray's good buddies used GHB or some other date rape drug. Nothing would surprise me. Years back a former Georgetown and NBA player was implicated but never convicted of drugging and date raping several women.

This is the type of thing that makes teams leery of certain players...

I believe Andray will face civil liability charges from this. His reputation was already deservedly run over by the bus prior to this from choices he has made. This incident slowly backs the bus over whatever was left of Andray's rep. If he doesn't get successfully sued (if it comes to it--She says, "He was there and did nothing to stop it"--which makes Blatche perhaps civilly liable); what will happen is that when Andray becomes a free agent this season his leverage will go down. What team's owner is going to reward Andray Blatche with a nice contract commensurate with his considerable basketball skills when the guy is a prison sentence, a drive-by shooting, or a stint in alcohol rehab waiting to happen?

It's going to cost Blatche some money. One way or another he will pay. Blatche is innocent until proven guilty but in the court of public opinion IMO he better pay this person to quietly go away. He's guilty by association and his track record. He may have sat there and watched, too, thinking she was too out of it. Terrible stuff.
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#928 » by TGW » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 pm

According to Blatche, it's okay because he watched, but didn't participate.

What a piece of work this guy is. I hope he's ready for that eternal pitchfork in the ass.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#929 » by Halcyon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

TGW wrote:According to Blatche, it's okay because he watched, but didn't participate.

What a piece of work this guy is. I hope he's ready for that eternal pitchfork in the ass.

If this is indeed true (he's not innocent until proven guilty in my eyes, he's lost that privilege) he's as stupid as I thought. After hearing the interview he did recently when he came on the air on 106.7, it's clear this guy is a complete fool with no sense of accountability. He's still a child mentally, with no maturity.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#930 » by fishercob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 am

I just love this video so much. SOme of Kyle's best work:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjBqXaftZcE[/youtube]
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM

Post#931 » by fishercob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 am

Bwahahahahhahah

“He’s got to understand that lazy and crazy isn’t going to make it work,” Karl said. “We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t.”
— Steve Martin
hands11
Banned User

Post#932 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 am

fishercob wrote:Bwahahahahhahah

“He’s got to understand that lazy and crazy isn’t going to make it work,” Karl said. “We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t.”

He doesn't need basketball training, he needs a head doctor.

Hell of a gamble they made. Big risk when you are betting on stupid.

Like Forest said. Stupid is and stupid does.

And that is why they call him, The Big Tease.
closg00
RealGM

Post#933 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:37 am

Shaun Livingston showing signs of life.
http://www.nba.com/games/20130125/MILCLE/gameinfo.html
closg00
RealGM

Post#934 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:07 pm

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#935 » by tontoz » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:24 pm

fishercob wrote:Bwahahahahhahah

Serious b!tchslap there lol.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#936 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:31 pm

Sounds like a soundbite that could be coming from Flip Saunders if he was still coaching this team.

Around these parts that sort of comment was qualified as borderline abusive. The more things change the more they stay the same..
closg00
RealGM

Post#937 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:37 pm

Great write-up in the article above, Jan Vesely is the new Joe Alexander except Joe was selected 8th.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#938 » by fishercob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:41 pm

I love that this thread exists on the trade board:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1239455
— Steve Martin
hands11
Banned User

Post#939 » by hands11 » Mon Apr 1, 2013 3:13 am

So Dray has a PER of 22.5 :-?

Shooting .512% and 19.6 pts 5 FTA, 9.8 rebs per 36 :-? :-?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#940 » by Kanyewest » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:07 am

hands11 wrote:So Dray has a PER of 22.5 :-?

Shooting .512% and 19.6 pts 5 FTA, 9.8 rebs per 36 :-? :-?

I wonder why this is true. Perhaps he was out of shape like other NBA players like Lamar Odom. Or just playing with a team where Blatche doesn't have to relied for his scoring with Wiliams, Lopez, and Johnson or grabbing boards with Wallace and Evans. Or maybe he's not talking as many 20 footers. Or getting cut served as a wake up call or motivation to get his act together especially since few teams pursued him once he was amnestied.

Is there any scenario that Blatche could have produced this kind of play with the Wizards or was he simply a lost cause? A lot of people have criticized Ernie but many were on board with letting Blatche go- people were comparing having him or Kwame Brown when they amnestied him.

Well at least Martell Webster is playing well and even the Oka/rizza tandem as of march.

Return to Washington Wizards