ImageImage

'13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto again! Yaaay!!)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Re: '13 Draft Thread (Let's talk late lotto again! Yaaay!!) 

Post#181 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:26 pm

giraldo5 wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:What about Big Dog Jr. (ie. Glenn Robinson III)? Sure would be nice to have another Glenn Robinson on this roster.

Excellent freshmen but no way he should come out right now. Has a lot of work to do. Looks like afuture 2nd round pick to me. Michigan is probably my favorite team to watch in the country.

I think he's already being projected as a mid-1st round pick in some mocks. I'm guessing he'll be closer to the lottery than a 2nd rounder.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#182 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:28 pm

The Wet Whistle wrote:I think we're gonna need a top 5, maybe top 8, pick to get a guy like Goodwin.

Stern's got this.. if the Bucks are sold, look for the Bucks to move up in the lottery.

IMO..

Locks for top 5:

1. Washington
2. Cleveland
3. New Orleans
4. Charlotte
5. Orlando

We are in the next tier (moves to make):

6. Sacramento (Cousins)
7. Phoenix (Gortat)
8. Milwaukee (Ilyasova, Ellis)
9. Utah (Millsap)
10. Minnesota (Love)

I think Toronto and Detroit will naturally pass us and Dallas, LAL, Boston, Philly will pass us as buyers. Curious to see what Utah and Minnesota will do given their respective positions.

Stern bounce =

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#183 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 am

If the Bucks would blow it up, target a top 5 pick, and somehow acquire another lotto pick, they could completely fix the backcourt - and have a young team on the path to contention.

Based upon the stats, Marcus Smart is the next great point guard prospect. I think Smart goes in the top 5 eventually. Right now and from what I look at, he's right on par with Rose and Wall as collegiate prospects.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... art-1.html

Jordan Adams is criminally underrated. No one is talking about him even though he has the best numbers of any of the potential SGs in this draft. When I say best numbers/stats, I mean what typically correlates to winning. I got him right below Harden and on the same plane as Beal as a prospect.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... ams-1.html

I'm also digging Glenn Robinson III. I could see the Bucks selecting him if they do nothing and maintain their mid-first round position. That would be a good pick.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... son-2.html
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#184 » by ampd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:30 am

Unless the organization makes trades to force it, I don't think we pick in the top 10. Somewhere around where we were last season (12-14) is far more likely, if we even land that high.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#185 » by ampd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 am

What do you guys think of Michael Carter-Williams?

Will he be available in our range? Seems like adding a guard with that kind of passing ability and size next to either Jennings or Monta would be ideal?
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#186 » by VooDoo7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 am

Zero chance we're in the lottery IMO. The east is just so damn bad. We're pretty much a lock to make the playoffs.

And I really like MCW. But he'll be gone before our pick me thinks.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#187 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 am

What do you guys think of Kelly Olynyk? He has been absolutely tearing it up lately, I think he's the most talented 7 footer in the country. Most projections have him as a late first at best. I don't really understand it.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#188 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:36 pm

ampd wrote:Unless the organization makes trades to force it, I don't think we pick in the top 10. Somewhere around where we were last season (12-14) is far more likely, if we even land that high.

Sad but true. I like MCW although Cuse is using him as a point guard and I don't think he's fast enough to play point in the pros. If he could play 2, I'm give him a look.

But as you pointed out, the lottery is slipping away.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#189 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Looking at the draft not a whole lot interests me outside of the lottery. Trey Burk is interesting but he is A LOT like Jennings.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,254

Post#190 » by Finn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Don't see it.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#191 » by Lippo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 pm

1(17) : James McAdoo
2(17) : Rodney Williams

Sign Mayo/Bayless and Webster
Sign Jenning 5/45m

Jennings/Bayless/Mayo
Mayo/Webster/Lamb/Williams
McAdoo/Moute/Harris/Williams
Ersan/Henson/Gooden/Moute
Sanders/Udoh/Gooden/Henson
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#192 » by Treebeard » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 pm

The cynic says:

Stern's got this..... Seattle/sacremento - dead mortal lock for the first pick (New ownership - see New Orleans)
:roll:
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#193 » by mattg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Looking at the draft not a whole lot interests me outside of the lottery. Trey Burk is interesting but he is A LOT like Jennings.

Burke is probably a top 5 guy right now honestly, nowhere near our range. Don't see the Jennings comparison really either, burke is a much more cerebral player. Sort of like a poor mans Chris Paul.

MCW is really overrated too. People like him because he's 6'6 and gets a lot of assists, but hes super skinny and can't finish at the rim at all. He's a terrible shooter and his handle isn't very good either. Also turns it over a ton when racking up those assists.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#194 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm

From what I've seen he's pretty chuck happy from three and has a tough time in the lane and everywhere I see has him at like 15+?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#195 » by mattg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:From what I've seen he's pretty chuck happy from three and has a tough time in the lane and everywhere I see has him at like 15+?

Draft express is notoriously bad/slow updating things in season, so take their mocks and whatnot with a grain of salt. Burke is the PotY right now and Michigan has probably the best offense in the country. Burke is a really capable scorer(check his efficiency) but also a really good playmaker. He's just a complete player in general, and because he is so talented its only natural that' he'll look to score in college where he can be extremely effective in doing so. His feel for the game is really really good, probably the best since Chris Paul honestly. I think he becomes a better version of Ty Lawson in the nba.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#196 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Just looked up Trey Burke. That's a sexy set of numbers other than the meh steals numbers.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,245

Post#197 » by The Wet Whistle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:33 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Just looked up Trey Burke. That's a sexy set of numbers other than the meh steals numbers.

:nod:
He's having a good season
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#198 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 pm

I mean i guess I mean Jennings in the sense that he shoots too many threes and he really doesn't get into the lane much. That's where I don't get the Lawson thing. He is elite at getting to the lane and drawing fouls. Burke is pretty meh in that sense. On NBAdraft.net and Draftexpress he's outside of 15 so I guess that's what I was looking at but I guess we'll see where he ends up at the end of the year. I like 1-10 a lot, I like Burke and I like a couple second round type guys but the rest of the draft doesn't do much for me.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,245

Post#199 » by The Wet Whistle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:38 pm

mattg wrote:Draft express is notoriously bad/slow updating things in season, so take their mocks and whatnot with a grain of salt.

Love their write ups of players but you're right, their mocks typically suck.
mattg wrote: Burke is a really capable scorer(check his efficiency)

.628 TS% this season
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#200 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I mean i guess I mean Jennings in the sense that he shoots too many threes and he really doesn't get into the lane much. That's where I don't get the Lawson thing. He is elite at getting to the lane and drawing fouls. Burke is pretty meh in that sense. On NBAdraft.net and Draftexpress he's outside of 15 so I guess that's what I was looking at but I guess we'll see where he ends up at the end of the year. I like 1-10 a lot, I like Burke and I like a couple second round type guys but the rest of the draft doesn't do much for me.

Lawson and Jennings have been very similar at FGA at the rim and FTA over their careers. Lawson doesn't finish like a lady though.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks