ImageImage

The Official Trade Proposal Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: The Official Trade Proposal Thread 

Post#101 » by dark-child » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:28 am

Morse Code wrote:I'm not a Derozan fanboy but I don't understand the hate for DD from memphis fans. He's slightly worse than Gay this seasons statistically, he's younger and a hard worker (adds more to his game every season) and about half the price. From the raptors perspective most of us would rather include DD than Ross just because Ross has great upside, plays really good D, can shoot from beyond the 3 line, gets out on fast breaks and very athletic. Many raptors fans believe he will be better than Demar within a few seasons if given the same opportunity. Not to mention he's on a rookie contract and seems like a team-first kind of guy. Calderon doesn't serve much purpose other than the expiring 11M plus his on-court chemistry with Gasol. He would be one of, if not the best, back up PG in the league which would help MEM in the playoffs.

I have seen some pretty good offers from other teams, that the Raptors wouldn't be able to match, but they are coming from fans, and we don't know what has actually been offered, obviously. If it turns out that you guys can get somebody like Derrick Williams +picks/expirings, or AK47, or something like that, then good luck. If not, I think DD would mesh well with your lineup and continue to get better, and T Ross could also start right away and be an asset for the future.

At this point, Raptors are willing to give up anything but Lowry and Valanciunas, IMO. Also, we would want to keep one of DD or Ross. You guys don't like a Calderon + DD or Ross + fields/Kleiza or Ed Davis package at all? Our feeling is that DD would be better because it means less raping of our cap space from taking on Gay. That's why I thought Ross or Ed Davis would be better than fields/DD because they're super cheap and young, but one poster seemed to want Calderon + DD + Fields, which from Raptors perspective is MUCH better than just Calderon + DD + filler or Calderon + Ross + filler. You would be doing us a favor to take Fields lol

I may be alone amongst Grizz fans, but I would be okay with Calderon, Derozan and a pick for Gay and possibly Bayless. I think we (Grizz) need a stud SG going forward as we could lose T. Allen this off season who will be looking for his final long term deal but who may not make fiscal sense for the Organization going forward. Therefore obtaining a talent such as Derozan or Ross is actually a must in the Rudy Gay trade.
mid-post
Analyst
And1: 70

Post#102 » by mid-post » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 am

dark-child wrote:Therefore obtaining a talent such as Derozan or Ross is actually a must in the Rudy Gay trade.

Very true. But if they're building for the long term, I really don't like the look of Derozan's contract compared to his value. At least Rudy's contract is up in a couple years, which is where Ross is way preferable.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#103 » by tontoz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Ric Bucher tweeted that the Wizards made a good offer:

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/f ... ce=twitter

Nene wouldnt work since he has 4 years left at $13 mil/yr. That means Okafor (2 years left) is the main part of the offer. I would guess Webster is in the deal since u guys would need another 3 and he is having a respectable year.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#104 » by deneem4 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:51 pm

dark-child wrote:
deneem4 wrote:Everyone gets what they want...who says no?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9954b2
And add a 2013 2nd round to kings from washington

Wizards get talent
Grizzlies get low cost replacements and wing shooters
Rockets get defense, better back court chemistry and a low post threat...
Kings get an older cousins, back court defense, a 6th man, a pure shooter on the wing, and 2nd round pick

so are you Beavis or Butthead? THIS IS A VERY BAD JOKE!

Thats beavis ....this is butthead

And you wont say no to butthead

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxuzqk9

All teams get exactly what they want...and it's not outlandish as lin getting traded

Kings get some defense and gives their younger guards a chance with a vet big man and get rid of salmons contract
Bucks get the perfect compliment to Jennings...and crawford adds that push of the bench
Grizzlies get the perfect compliment to their defensive system in Monta basically get a slight cheaper zach replacement. ..and forwards who shoots better from beyond the arc...and monta is clutch

Heard dunleavy name mentioned as well
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=convpze
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#105 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:51 pm

tontoz wrote:Ric Bucher tweeted that the Wizards made a good offer:

Nene wouldnt work since he has 4 years left at $13 mil/yr. That means Okafor (2 years left) is the main part of the offer. I would guess Webster is in the deal since u guys would need another 3 and he is having a respectable year.

Another possibility would be that the core of the offer is Ariza + Vesely for Gay, plus the Wizards are throwing in some extra incentive (perhaps Crawford, Webster or Seraphin). I hope Ernie Grunfeld isn't stupid enough to include a future 1st in the package, but with him making decisions, anything is possible.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Post#106 » by jefe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:02 pm

The inclusion of Oakafor alone means that the Grizz aren't getting out of the luxury tax without including other Grizz players in the trade (an unlikely proposition IMO). Also, I can't see the Grizz agreeing to take Okafor's larger contract on when the Grizz have allegedly balked at taking either of Biendrins' or Jefferson's smaller deals from Golden State.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#107 » by miller31time » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 pm

jefe, in terms of a Wizards/Grizz trade, what would you consider a fair deal from a Memphis perspective?
jefe
General Manager

Post#108 » by jefe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:49 pm

miller31time wrote:jefe, in terms of a Wizards/Grizz trade, what would you consider a fair deal from a Memphis perspective?

In all candor, I've not watched too many Wizards games this year, and I'm not sure how the Wizards's players are performing - but our goal with a Rudy trade is twofold: 1) Immediately cut ~4million in salary this year and 2) Add outside shooting for spacing.

The Grizz only have two true small forwards on the roster - Rudy Gay and Quincy Pondexter. Pondexter is out indefinitely with an MCL sprain, meaning at least one true small forward has to comeback in a Rudy trade.

With all that said, I guess the starting point in a trade with the Wizards would be Ariza - he's making 7.2 million this year and he's a true small forward; but it looks like he's not shooting the ball too well from 3 this year - so, ideally, the additional pieces to meet Memphis's criteria would need to be roughly ~5million in salary being paid to an outside shooter (I'm not sure if the Wiz have this??).
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#109 » by miller31time » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:36 pm

jefe wrote:
miller31time wrote:jefe, in terms of a Wizards/Grizz trade, what would you consider a fair deal from a Memphis perspective?

In all candor, I've not watched too many Wizards games this year, and I'm not sure how the Wizards's players are performing - but our goal with a Rudy trade is twofold: 1) Immediately cut ~4million in salary this year and 2) Add outside shooting for spacing.

The Grizz only have two true small forwards on the roster - Rudy Gay and Quincy Pondexter. Pondexter is out indefinitely with an MCL sprain, meaning at least one true small forward has to comeback in a Rudy trade.

With all that said, I guess the starting point in a trade with the Wizards would be Ariza - he's making 7.2 million this year and he's a true small forward; but it looks like he's not shooting the ball too well from 3 this year - so, ideally, the additional pieces to meet Memphis's criteria would need to be roughly ~5million in salary being paid to an outside shooter (I'm not sure if the Wiz have this??).

Thanks for the response. Martell Webster has been one of the biggest (hell, who am I kidding, the only) bright spots for the Wizards this season. He's got a very respectable outside shot and is a pretty good all-around player with a great attitude. He'd probably be your best bet in terms of a SF who can hit the 3 consistently.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by dark-child » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:13 pm

If it was a deal the Grizz Brass felt was everything they were looking for than I am pretty sure it did not include the following

Wizards send Bradley Beal, Jan Vessely, & Trevor Ariza
for
Grizz send Rudy Gay

A one on one deal between the two clubs is very difficult and if and when a deal gets done the team that ends up with Gay will probably have been apart of a three way deal to satisfy all of the Grizz criteria in a deal since they don't have to deal him.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 896

Post#111 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 pm

dark-child wrote:If it was a deal the Grizz Brass felt was everything they were looking for than I am pretty sure it did not include the following

Wizards send Bradley Beal, Jan Vessely, & Trevor Ariza
for
Grizz send Rudy Gay

A one on one deal between the two clubs is very difficult and if and when a deal gets done the team that ends up with Gay will probably have been apart of a three way deal to satisfy all of the Grizz criteria in a deal since they don't have to deal him.

Just wondering about opinion from your side, this is type of deal being discussed on Wizards' board similar to what you have proposed...

Trevor Ariza, Jan Vesely, Jordan Crawford for Gay
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6203992

Deal is about the least salary Wizards can send and deal still work, saving the Griz alot of money right away as well as long term.

Griz get back a starting SF (Ariza) and starting caliber SG in Crawford. Vesely is 6-11 #6 pick from last years draft with potential.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#112 » by dark-child » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Bradley Beal is the straw that stirs the drink in a Wizards deal. The request from every potential suitor is probably a young potential star on a rookie deal which is the life blood of sustainability in small markets. Obviously teams are not anxious to make this sort of move in January but a deal in February when teams get a little nervous is possible.

Beal was coveted by the Grizz in last years draft but they could not move up in the draft to get him.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#113 » by tontoz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:41 am

jefe wrote:

The inclusion of Oakafor alone means that the Grizz aren't getting out of the luxury tax without including other Grizz players in the trade (an unlikely proposition IMO). Also, I can't see the Grizz agreeing to take Okafor's larger contract on when the Grizz have allegedly balked at taking either of Biendrins' or Jefferson's smaller deals from Golden State.

Are you talking about this year's luxury tax?
jefe
General Manager

Post#114 » by jefe » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 am

tontoz wrote:
jefe wrote:

Are you talking about this year's luxury tax?

Yes. Memphis's primary interest in moving Gay before this year's deadline is cutting ~4 million in salary immediately upon completing the trade. If a deal doesn't cut salary immediately, Memphis will likely pay the tax this year and then trade Rudy in the summer to avoid being a lux tax repeater IMO.
grizzlies50
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#115 » by grizzlies50 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c5eu36d

Wayne Ellington is not fitting well on our defense system. How about trade to Atlanta Hawks?

Memphis Grizzlies
Wayne Ellington 2nd Draft pick Tony Wroten or Josh Selby

Atlanta Hawks
Deshawn Stevenson

This trade point is cut our salary 1M
Hawks will rebuild with Jeff Teague, Al Horford, Zaza Pachuria after this season.
So they need to get more draft pick next year.

Deshawn Stevenson is good 3 point shorter and alot better defender than Ellington.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#116 » by tontoz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

jefe wrote:Yes. Memphis's primary interest in moving Gay before this year's deadline is cutting ~4 million in salary immediately upon completing the trade. If a deal doesn't cut salary immediately, Memphis will likely pay the tax this year and then trade Rudy in the summer to avoid being a lux tax repeater IMO.

Thanks. I didn't realize you guys were up against it this season.

Regarding the Beal rumors one of the Wizards posters made a good point. If the Wizards had offered Beal then the deal would have been done already.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#117 » by NEM » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:34 am

How would you guys feel about the following:

Redick (expiring)
Turkoglu (owed 6 million if cut by 7/1/13)
This years Orlando first round pick

For

Gay
Wroten

It saves you 13 million next year and 30 million over the life of the contracts.

Edit: you can sub out hedo with Harrington which saves you about 4 million this year, and he can be cut after this year and he would be owed 3 million a year for the next two. So you save more now, but the same amount over the course of the contracts.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#118 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 am

Wiz fan here, No offence intended but I really don't want the wiz to trade for gay.But what if, say the cavs offered you this?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aev6jcn
would you take that deal?
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#119 » by vanjulio » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Wiz fan here, No offence intended but I really don't want the wiz to trade for gay.But what if, say the cavs offered you this?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aev6jcn
would you take that deal?

no because it doesn't help our team personnell-wise - huge downgrade, and doesn't relieve of us the tax burden for this season.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#120 » by Jajwanda » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm

It just seems like the trade that should be done is something where Dallas sends Marion+extras to get Gasol, Memphis gets Marion and the salary cut it deserves (plus some a pick or a young player to help their bench), while L.A. takes Gay's large deal to convince Howard to stay.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies