Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#181 » by sisibilio » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Dewey wrote:
sisibilio wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:Bjelica is a PF though, right?

He's played in either F position but i don't think he's quick-fluid enough to play extended minutes at the 3 in the NBA.

lets not be over analytical here - he can play or he cant - we need bodies

Next season? i don't think so, he's not mature enough. Actually this guy would probably be a better choice.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
re49gb_2gho32fp
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#182 » by re49gb_2gho32fp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 am

Hasn't improved noticeably in 3-4 years. Still lacks confidence, still plays soft, still overrates his own three point ability and still hasn't improved his handles. Average lateral quickness at best.
He does have good vision and playmaking while his feet are set or while he's getting a hand-off and there's generally lots of movement. Anything more than two dribbles and it's likely a risky situation for him and his team.
He has no post-game whatsoever.

Might have improved feel for rebounding and that's about it. Mentally weak, shy, and his body-language follows his character up perfectly.
Maybe a new setting (and a new game - NBA) where he isn't under the constant eye of a drill-sergeant would change things, but i doubt it.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#183 » by MrTwister » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:46 pm

re49gb_2gho32fp wrote:Hasn't improved noticeably in 3-4 years. Still lacks confidence, still plays soft, still overrates his own three point ability and still hasn't improved his handles. Average lateral quickness at best.
He does have good vision and playmaking while his feet are set or while he's getting a hand-off and there's generally lots of movement. Anything more than two dribbles and it's likely a risky situation for him and his team.
He has no post-game whatsoever.

Might have improved feel for rebounding and that's about it. Mentally weak, shy, and his body-language follows his character up perfectly.
Maybe a new setting (and a new game - NBA) where he isn't under the constant eye of a drill-sergeant would change things, but i doubt it.

I think i have to agree with you, i was not impressed first time i saw him play vs our NT(even though he was most impressive of all serbian players out there), and after few games i seen, all i can say he is fine player and for him it would be best to stay in Spain.Best case scenario: he can be AK47 with less hustle and almost no defense but with better scoring ability.

If wolves decide to look for young backup C/PF which can shoot 3s nearly 50% check out this guy http://www.acb.com/jugador.php?id=217.He had good games vs Real and Barca and recently set career high.His post moves are Pek-like and he is also good perimeter shooter unlike Pek.He developed nicely in Valencia and growing into one of the best PFs in Europe.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#184 » by sisibilio » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm

http://www.acb.com/jugador.php?id=217
Now :wink:
Couldn't agree more, his name (among other montenegrins) already poped out recently.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,956

Post#185 » by shrink » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Can Bjelica come over this season?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#186 » by Macho » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:36 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... --867RvlYQ

Also had 15 pts (7/8 fgs) and 7rbs. He's playing well and I really hope he comes over next season as it would be the best move for his development.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#187 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Macho wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k--867RvlYQ

Also had 15 pts (7/8 fgs) and 7rbs. He's playing well and I really hope he comes over next season as it would be the best move for his development.

If he can play SF like AK than it's good for his development. But if he's strictly a 4 than i don't see many minutes for him especially if Love is not traded.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#188 » by lobishome » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, if Bjelica doesn't sign this summer he never will sign.

BTW,

- Robbie Hummel is playing better day by day. He has the same heigh than Cunningahm, two year younger. He is playing with only a big man but sometimes he plays at 3 depending on the other team. He runs as if he had a potatoes sack hanging of his ass, but he is more agile than he looks and his layups are good. Let see what he does in the future. Yesterday 23 min, 15 pts, 2 rebs. (season 18 min, 8 pts, 3 rebs. He lost the first 6 games due a knee injury). His team is the nineth ( of 18) of the ACB league and he usually is between 3 best players at the last games.

- Henk Norel is playing well too. Yesterday 16 min, 14 pts, 6 rebs. (Season 25 min, 12 pts, 6 rebs). His team is the seventh of the ACB league and he is his best player.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#189 » by NikolaPekovic » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Would rather keep derrick williams.

Dont need another stretch 4.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#190 » by Dewey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:55 am

people keep saying he's soft and not a gamer.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#191 » by [RCG] » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 am

NikolaPekovic wrote:Would rather keep derrick williams.

Dont need another stretch 4.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Post#192 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:11 am

I wouldn't mind having him here, but we already have Love, Williams, and Cunningham.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#193 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:19 am

We should be shopping Williams in the offseason. If we're able to find an acceptable trade, there's room for Bjelica.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#194 » by PZiv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 am

Bjelica is player who could inherit Toni Kukoc.
He can play (in EU atleast) on PG to PF.
You forget that he is Adelman type of player, big man with ball handling.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,567

Post#195 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 am

How does BJ compare to someone like Ersan Ilyasova?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
PZiv
Veteran

Post#196 » by PZiv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 am

Klomp wrote:How does BJ compare to someone like Ersan Ilyasova?

less physical, more flairy.
Almost equally same shot selection.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#197 » by lobishome » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm

I know I'm a little boring with this topic , but Henk Norel (yesterday 27 min, 17 pts, 9 rebs) and Robbie Hummel (18 min, 12 pts, 3 rebs) are also playing well. They could be valuable assets for future trades next summer.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#198 » by mandurugo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 pm

lobishome wrote:I know I'm a little boring with this topic , but Henk Norel (yesterday 27 min, 17 pts, 9 rebs) and Robbie Hummel (18 min, 12 pts, 3 rebs) are also playing well. They could be valuable assets for future trades next summer.

it's always nice to get the updates.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#199 » by MrTwister » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:44 pm

PZiv wrote:Bjelica is player who could inherit Toni Kukoc.

Its pure blasphemy to even mention Bjelica in same sentence with Kukoc.Kukoc was legit 6th man in one of the best NBA teams in that time.

Bjelica inherited Teletovic position and role in Caja Laboral and now he is still behind him.Not to mention Teletovic was more psychical and better shooter in Europe(though very streaky) and even won few awards in Spain(Spanish cup MVP and 1st ACB team).Same guy now struggles in NBA, airballs open 3's and collecting DNP-CD in Nets.

I just wanna say, don't get your hopes high about him, he might surprise but its more likely he wont.
PZiv
Veteran

Post#200 » by PZiv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Vuc N Pek wrote:
PZiv wrote:Bjelica is player who could inherit Toni Kukoc.

Its pure blasphemy to even mention Bjelica in same sentence with Kukoc.Kukoc was legit 6th man in one of the best NBA teams in that time.

Bjelica inherited Teletovic position and role in Caja Laboral and now he is still behind him.Not to mention Teletovic was more psychical and better shooter in Europe(though very streaky) and even won few awards in Spain(Spanish cup MVP and 1st ACB team).Same guy now struggles in NBA, airballs open 3's and collecting DNP-CD in Nets.

I just wanna say, don't get your hopes high about him, he might surprise but its more likely he wont.

Kukoc might be even the best 6th man to even play this game, and I can stand by that, I am just making comparison.
Bjelica has ball handling that is impressive for a big man, he can play on forward positions, he can play minutes as SG. He is all arounder, rare and pure one with impressive height.
However his major pro is his major con, he doesn't excel much at any of position he plays, he plays SF cause his body fits there, not because he is excelling on it, he plays on Mirza's place because there's player on SF position that plays(as far as I know it was San Emeterio) great also. Bjelica is still uncut jewel and young and shouldn't be judged too harshly.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves