ImageImageImageImageImage

Earl Clark?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

nowetdio45
Sophomore
And1: 40

Re: start earl? 

Post#81 » by nowetdio45 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 am

Jajwanda wrote:He's got more talent than Earl Clark^ and there's a spot open for a play-making wing off the bench.

Terrence Williams?
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#82 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 am

There's more to it than just talent

And regardless,MDA won't play him anyway

He runs a 9 man rotation at the most(with the 9th guy playing few minutes) in non blowout games
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#83 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 am

nowetdio45 wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:He's got more talent than Earl Clark^ and there's a spot open for a play-making wing off the bench.

Terrence Williams?

Yup

Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#84 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:14 am

It's talent+fit and Williams fits perfectly. L.A. needs a wing that can create off the bench and facilitate alongside Blake/Duhon, while providing strong defense and transition play. With regards to the starters, Williams can cut off the ball and is an ok shooter from deep. His defensive abilities at the 3 especially would be a very big boost to L.A.
Kobean
Senior
And1: 27

Post#85 » by Kobean » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm

I'd love to see Clark start at the 4, I love his energy hes a great defender and his offense has surprised me to. Pau can backup Dwight :D
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#86 » by GAME TIME » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am

If ClarkSanity keeps blowing up, will the Lakers be able to sign him after this season :(
nkpballin12
Ballboy
And1: 31

Post#87 » by nkpballin12 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 am

No doubt. The guy can rebound, is quick and contests every shot with his great lenght. If he shoots the three with a little consistency he's basically the ideal guy you want in there. He brings youth to an old starting 5 and that is very valuable. Can't believe he's been buried while Jamison got PT (I know that contract wise it makes sense, but still).
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#88 » by AdonisDeMarion » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:32 am

Jajwanda wrote:It's talent+fit and Williams fits perfectly. L.A. needs a wing that can create off the bench and facilitate alongside Blake/Duhon, while providing strong defense and transition play. With regards to the starters, Williams can cut off the ball and is an ok shooter from deep. His defensive abilities at the 3 especially would be a very big boost to L.A.

Nash/Meeks/Bryant/Clark/Howard
Blake/Morris/Williams/Jamison/Gasol

Looks damn good, damn good

Nash/Bryant/Williams/Clark/Howard to finish off tight games....great mix youth with wisdom.... This would be better than the old Suns
ROballer
General Manager

Post#89 » by ROballer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 am

AdonisDeMarion wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:It's talent+fit and Williams fits perfectly. L.A. needs a wing that can create off the bench and facilitate alongside Blake/Duhon, while providing strong defense and transition play. With regards to the starters, Williams can cut off the ball and is an ok shooter from deep. His defensive abilities at the 3 especially would be a very big boost to L.A.

Nash/Meeks/Bryant/Clark/Howard
Blake/Morris/Williams/Jamison/Gasol

Looks damn good, damn good

Nash/Bryant/Williams/Clark/Howard to finish off tight games....great mix youth with wisdom.... This would be better than the old Suns

You forgot MWP :roll:

therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

is earl forreal? 

Post#90 » by therobg125 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:39 pm

is earl clark the trend setter/hustle/scoring man we've seen recently and can he continue his stellar play? or is he simply a pretender?....i for one don't know if this is a rouse or not, but i'm certainly willing to tell kobe to give pau the "magic foot" while pau goes up for a rebound so earl can take back his rightful place as a starter....
therobg125
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: is earl forreal? 

Post#91 » by therobg125 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:39 pm

so i guess is earl a contender or pretender is what im asking...
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Re: is earl forreal? 

Post#92 » by GAME TIME » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:10 pm

therobg125 wrote:so i guess is earl a contender or pretender is what im asking...

Earl is the real deal
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Re: Earl Clark? 

Post#93 » by Cashin out » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Earl Clark has Lamar Odom potential, if Dantoni keeps giving him minutes he will only get better. If we could trade Pau for bench pieces we should do it asap.

Nash
Kobe
Metta
Clark
D12

That has been our best starting unit all season.

Clarksanity!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#94 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:16 pm

It all depends on what your personal expectations of him are... If you expect him to replace Pau in the starting lineup and be a consistent double/double threat while playing solid D, I think you might be a little disappointed sooner or later...
If you expect him to be an impact role-player off the bench, I'd say he's legit... Something like Hill was for us.

I think he COULD be a Lamar Odom-type player for us, but I don't think it's fair to say he's already there.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
desertlakerfan
Analyst
And1: 32

Post#95 » by desertlakerfan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Kilroy wrote:It all depends on what your personal expectations of him are... If you expect him to replace Pau in the starting lineup and be a consistent double/double threat while playing solid D, I think you might be a little disappointed sooner or later...
If you expect him to be an impact role-player off the bench, I'd say he's legit... Something like Hill was for us.

I think he COULD be a Lamar Odom-type player for us, but I don't think it's fair to say he's already there.

I think the thing that's great about our roster is we don't need Clark to be a double double threat as the starting PF. We have plenty of offense in our starting 5, what we need is defense and hustle which is what Earl brings each night and something we can expect if he continues to start. Clark is the glue guy you need in a starting 5 with multiple star players that can bring things Pau can't.

Pau can bring more offensively, but we don't need it with Nash, Kobe and Dwight already being incredible scoring threats. He's being horribly underutilized offensively in the starting PF role due to Dwight needing the low post, and even worse he can't defend PFs which makes him a overall liability to the team in that role.
ManuteBol69
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#96 » by ManuteBol69 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Praise the lord! MD is starting Earl Clark tonight...at least for now

"Head Coach Mike D’Antoni confirmed at shootaround today that Pau Gasol WILL play tonight, but Earl Clark will remain in the starting lineup. Clark sat out yesterday’s practice, but said, “I feel better today, ready to go.” He’ll start out on Bosh while Metta World Peace guards Lebron James.

D’Antoni will re-evaluate after tonight’s game and possibly start Gasol this weekend at Toronto."

-Via Lakers FB site
AlvanC
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#97 » by AlvanC » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Kilroy wrote:It all depends on what your personal expectations of him are... If you expect him to replace Pau in the starting lineup and be a consistent double/double threat while playing solid D, I think you might be a little disappointed sooner or later...

Earl has put together a stretch of games that are far MORE impressive than any stretch of games in a row that Gasol has played this season. No doubt about that
Baby Bop
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#98 » by Baby Bop » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 pm

nickname idea:

SpectaculEarl
RIP Jerry Buss
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#99 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 pm

AlvanC wrote:

Earl has put together a stretch of games that are far MORE impressive than any stretch of games in a row that Gasol has played this season. No doubt about that

Pau sucks this season though... Hill out-played him too... It's not that big a deal. Unless your name is Jamison.

I'm a huge Clark fan, but it's been a handful of games... Not a big enough sample size to appoint him starting PF. Yet... Now if he plays well on significant minutes tonight against a team like the Heat... Maybe it's time.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#100 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 am

Still shocked TWill hasn't stuck with a team. Too much talent to fail
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon

Return to Los Angeles Lakers