but it means a big deal to you
Be strong, serve God only,
know that if you do, beautiful heaven awaits
That's the poem I wrote for the first time
I saw a man with no clothes, no money, no plate
Mr.Wendal, that's his name"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9pfxI1p3v8[/youtube]

Matt 25:34-36

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Re: Official Random Thoughts Thread - Part 3 

Post#462 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 am

It's not about me but I do want to share something.

I was reminded that material possessions, status, money, and the trappings of success are nice but not what counts in the kingdom of God. Instead of worrying about bills and the future, every day is an opportunity to comfort someone or to just exchange a smile with a stranger. Joy came into the world and He hasn't left us alone. Also, to give is to receive even greater in return.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#463 » by AFM » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Didn't know where to put this but Jamar Board aka Silent Assassin died today. KD & Miles tweeted it.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#464 » by montestewart » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:35 pm

AFM wrote:Didn't know where to put this but Jamar Board aka Silent Assassin died today. KD & Miles tweeted it.

RIP. Any details?
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#465 » by AFM » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Apparently he was shot (this according to Twitter) but I haven't found anything official.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,603

Post#466 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 2:15 am

Does anyone feel like Kobe's talking a lot? Saying the lakers are old. Saying the clips are contenders. I'd be so assholey, or at best silent and fuming at my locker room after losses that reporters wouldn't dare approach me. Go mike up Jordan Hill. Leave me the frack alone. Of course, this draws comparison with his airness, but I just get that voice in my head every time I see a wiretap that announces Kobe's comments - "Jeeze. Just shut up and win already"
Bullets -> Wizards
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#467 » by montestewart » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 am

Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#468 » by Earth2Ted » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Check out this LINK to an article about a 6 year old kid in Montgomery County who made finga gunz with thumb and index finger at another kid, and said "pow."

His family was told that there had been similar incidents in the past. One day suspension.

When the family went to hire a lawyer on his behalf, they went to one Robin Ficker. Who has to be the same Robin Ficker who made his name behind the visitors' bench at Camp Centre as the "heckler of all hecklers."

You have to wonder if the County had any idea who they were dealing with.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#469 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Wale is a terrible rapper.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#470 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Anybody else get the "HUB" channel? Animaniacs is back weeknights at 7!

:clap:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#471 » by montestewart » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:24 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Anybody else get the "HUB" channel? Animaniacs is back weeknights at 7!

:clap:

Caught it
RealGM

Post#472 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Peyton Manning choked a playoff game away. He is IMO a great quarterback until he gets confused or pressured into making big mistakes. Tim Tebow cannot throw well like Peyton, but he can lead a team under duress.

Tim Tebow's big brother tweeted a few sharp comments about Payton Manning after the game.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e/related/

Among the comments from Pete Tebow:
Am I the only one in Denver who's happy right now?

This picture sums up my feelings (as well as those of whoever originally posted it).

FWIW I think Colin Kaepernick might be an ideal combination of Manning and Tebow.
Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#473 » by dobrojim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Tebow is just an awful QB. Was at ATL game so I didn't see Ravens.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#474 » by Induveca » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm

I can't properly express how much I despised having that low talent passive-aggressive idiot and his misguided Christian followers on my Jets.

The guy is going to make tens of millions as a cable pastor eventually. I wish he'd just quit and create "Tebow Ministries" already. That's his true calling.

He's quite possibly the most damaging "superstar" personality in any professional sport.

If having strong beliefs, and never playing, makes you a sports superstar NFL teams should just start signing Brazilian strippers. I'd much prefer to hear their idiocy. At least their appearance would distract me as the media insisted on broadcasting their babble.
RealGM

Post#475 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 pm

I think Tebow is a bad QB by NFL standards because he cannot make the throws the new breed of running quarterbacks can make. I understand why there is a lot of antipathy toward Tebow--everything has to change for him to be functional on a field. At the same time I think he didn't put others down but was repeatedly put down by people in Denver. This time last year he came through for them after Cutler did not. He won a playoff game, unlike Peyton Manning.

Denver had no business losing that game. I watched the game closely. They had the game won but their safety gave up a long TD to Jacoby Jones on a very bad coverage mistake. But he didn't lose the game all by himself. Peyton had many poor throws, the worst in OT. He did the same type of things Tony Romo did vs the Skins. As great as Manning is he was the goat yesterday. He lost his composure and attempted to throw across the field but was picked off. It was a terrible throw. Joe Flacco thoroughly outperformed Payton.

Tebow is terrible overall but he's 1-1 for Denver and Peyton is 0-1 in playoff starts.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#476 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Induveca wrote:I can't properly express how much I despised having that low talent passive-aggressive idiot and his misguided Christian followers on my Jets.

The guy is going to make tens of millions as a cable pastor eventually. I wish he'd just quit and create "Tebow Ministries" already. That's his true calling.

He's quite possibly the most damaging "superstar" personality in any professional sport.

If having strong beliefs, and never playing, makes you a sports superstar NFL teams should just start signing Brazilian strippers. I'd much prefer to hear their idiocy. At least their appearance would distract me as the media insisted on broadcasting their babble.

We agree on something. I wondered how Tebow was drafted in the first round to begin with. I feel pretty good that at least the money is probably going to very good causes in the Philippines and other places.

This year I don't recall Tebow saying much as a member of the Jets. The media has done more to make people hate the guy than him paying homage to God. Jim Harbaugh and Ray Lewis said their team praying is why they won. I know a lot of non-believers have to be sick of hearing that. My dad also is an atheist. I can see people saying they feel there is no place for that in sports.

Many think Tebow is no more religious than anyone else and that his over-the-top demonstrative displays are just for show or his own attention-seeking. Tebow teammates and former teammates seem to genuinely dislike the guy. I don't know.

I will feel better when he's preaching because it is divisive.

I am on the side of those who say let the guy run and do the wildcat and see what happens. Denver did make the playoffs last season and he was durable enough to get them one win. He got hurt, too, but they won.
Bye bye Beal.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,603

Post#477 » by pancakes3 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:49 pm

The real goat was our beloved and departed Champ Bailey. He got burnt all afternoon and gave up big play after big play. Manning has proven to be TERRIBLE passing while on the run and the game-ending INT was a good example of that. Also his audibles are highly overrated. His "win" % on audibles (as in audibles that legitimately finds and exploits a flaw in the defense and results in a 10+ yard play) has to be in the low teens and it has to be insanely frustrating to be his OC.

Manning bashing aside, to suggest that Tebow could have done better is ludicrous. I wish that Rex actually did play Tebow for a game just to put to rest the Tebow rumors/supporters. I don't know what he'd have more of - sacks or INTs.
Bullets -> Wizards
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#478 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Peyton Manning choked a playoff game away. He is IMO a great quarterback until he gets confused or pressured into making big mistakes. Tim Tebow cannot throw well like Peyton, but he can lead a team under duress.

Tim Tebow's big brother tweeted a few sharp comments about Payton Manning after the game.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e/related/

Among the comments from Pete Tebow:
Am I the only one in Denver who's happy right now?

This picture sums up my feelings (as well as those of whoever originally posted it).

FWIW I think Colin Kaepernick might be an ideal combination of Manning and Tebow.

Wow. I think Payton Manning has earned the right to not be called a choker. He was the MVP of the 2006 Super Bowl, for (pardon my language) Jeebus sake. He defied all odds by coming back from a severe neck injury, led his team to a 13-3 record - and 35 points against the Ravens defense in the playoffs. Speaking of the Ravens, he's been to offense what Ray Lewis has been to defense. Tim Tebow has been to football what Jan Vesely's been to basketball.

Pete Tebow?

I really don't care 1 way or the other about Tebow's religious activities, but he's certainly taken advantage of his unearned celebrity status, so if he takes some knocks along the way because of it - too bad so sad. As the song says, "Cry me a river".
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#479 » by fishercob » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

miller: being a real estate agent can be a great career. But it is hard-ass work, especially while you build your business, which could take several years (5-plus). When a deal blows up or something goes wrong, the agent nearly always gets blamed. It's not personal, just part of the business. You need a thick skin.

You also do a lot of your work when other people aren't (and are thus free to go to open houses, on tours, etc), so that means working most weekends and sometimes evenings. That might not seem like a big deal at all right now (or it may), but may pose different issues if you ever have kids, etc.

As for lead generation, I think some shops give you something. But make no mistake about it: long term, you justify your existence by bringing in business, not just by doing deals. The networking aspect is huge, as are referrals -- you need to know as many people as you can, and they need to see you as an expert who can help them. Developing that market knowledge that makes you an expert will take time too.

Remember, the barriers to entry for people a RE agent are extremely low; nearly anyone can get a license. What distinguishes those who make it from those who don't is a function of what I describe above. Being in a position to take a short-term financial hit, while you invest in yourself and your business, helps a lot.

Let me know if you have other questions. Good luck.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#480 » by Induveca » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:22 pm

End of the day, just merely comparing a first ballot hall of famer, and a top 4 quarterback of my time to Tim freaking Tebow I feel is disrespectful of the game as a whole. This is what's screwing up my enjoyment of professional athletics.

As a kid, obsessed with baseball I'd analyze the Sporting News weekly looking for trends in the AL/NL. Players I saw doing well, I'd collect their rookie cards and older players having career seasons I'd do the same. SportsCenter was actually entertaining, 100% highlights and close to zero personality/off-the-field stuff.

Now? You have people making a comparison of an all-time, elite quarterback to a guy who would have been considered a bum in the years of lesser media. Now the media is analyzing personal lives 24/7, reading incomprehensible Twitter feeds, dirty laundry being aired constantly. Some of the morons even make music and conduct "heartfelt" interviews which provide details I honestly don't care about.

Call me old and cranky, but catching a random game between the Atlanta Hawks and Boston Celtics in the late 80s was pure bliss. The game was called, and the players were appreciated for their skills.

rant over :D

Return to Washington Wizards