ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards Tickets

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,302

Re: Wizards Tickets 

Post#21 » by dobrojim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm

I have ONE ticket for tonight (1/14 vs ORL) that is unspoken for.
Will consider reasonable offers. Warning - it's right next to
me.

$1 is not what I personally would consider a reasonable offer.
I'm a season tix holder so I can exchange it for later game.

I need to hear from interested party by 4 o'clock. I'll probably
be slightly late getting to the game.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#22 » by dobrojim » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:48 pm

I got some tickets for tonight 3/25 vs Memphis, club level.

Will consider reasonable offers.

dobrojim
RealGM

Post#23 » by dobrojim » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:01 pm

You guys effed up.

You shoulda gone to the game!

In case you hadn't heard, Wall was out of his mind Hibachi good.

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#24 » by hands11 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 2:08 pm

Looking for some help from the board.

I am thinking about getting a tick plan this year and looking for advice.

Season vs partial.

Who kind of cost.

What to expect for selling tickets to games I can't make.

1 ticket or two.

What kind of plans do you have ? Is there any negotiating ?

Thanks in advance
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#25 » by jivelikenice » Fri Aug 2, 2013 3:02 pm

^I've had the 5 game plan since we drafted Wall. The tickets started off good but every year we'd get bumped up a few rows and last year we were behdind the backboard in the seats below the Acela Club. Its lower level but not great. We upgraded this year to a full season ticket plan with 4 seats that we're splitting 50/50 with another group of 4. The tickets were $5 cheaper per game and now we're in row G in section 114 so its a huge upgrade location wise. We're probably going to use 10-15 of our games and sell the other 5-10. I guess how well I do in recouping my cost for those tickets will depend on how the team does.

There doesn't seem to be much negotating. It does seem that some reps are better at finding good seats than others.

If you can't make a game you can exchange it for tickets to another game (I think they give you 8-10 games to choose from). We're planning on exchanging our Bobcats tickets and inviting a larger group or bringing the kids out to a game.
hands11
Banned User

Post#26 » by hands11 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 4:54 pm

jivelikenice wrote:^I've had the 5 game plan since we drafted Wall. The tickets started off good but every year we'd get bumped up a few rows and last year we were behdind the backboard in the seats below the Acela Club. Its lower level but not great. We upgraded this year to a full season ticket plan with 4 seats that we're splitting 50/50 with another group of 4. The tickets were $5 cheaper per game and now we're in row G in section 114 so its a huge upgrade location wise. We're probably going to use 10-15 of our games and sell the other 5-10. I guess how well I do in recouping my cost for those tickets will depend on how the team does.

There doesn't seem to be much negotiating. It does seem that some reps are better at finding good seats than others.

If you can't make a game you can exchange it for tickets to another game (I think they give you 8-10 games to choose from). We're planning on exchanging our Bobcats tickets and inviting a larger group or bringing the kids out to a game.

If you have session tickets, then how are you swopping for another game. Don't you have all the games already ?

Makes sense about getting bumped back for partial plans. Ted talked about the session ticket sales in one of his press conference. Sad they were at 65/70% renewal. Things got as back as 40% renewal. Said they were on a equal trend 3 years into a rebuild as the Caps where. Goal is to get to 90% plus. At that point, customers can start to actually make money on tickets because of supply and demand.

He seems to really be keyed into that whole business model side on things and how the relationship is between the Wizards and the ticket holders.

So what should I expect to pay for decent seats for a single season ticket. Do you get a discount for getting two seats ?

Also, is there a secondary market where you can find season ticket holders who want to split a plan ?

Thanks
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#27 » by dobrojim » Fri Aug 2, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm really happy with the seats I was able to move to as a result of the Select-a-seat
nights at VC. I have seats which are a bargain price ($31) but right across the aisle
from me are $50/seats. They're lower level.

select a seat - that's the way to go. You walk in to the arena and available seats
have a sign on them. Choose and move.

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#28 » by montestewart » Fri Aug 2, 2013 6:50 pm

dobrojim wrote:I'm really happy with the seats I was able to move to as a result of the Select-a-seat
nights at VC. I have seats which are a bargain price ($31) but right across the aisle
from me are $50/seats. They're lower level.

select a seat - that's the way to go. You walk in to the arena and available seats
have a sign on them. Choose and move.

You definitely have a great location at that price. If I start buying tickets again, I might consider something similar.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#29 » by dobrojim » Fri Aug 2, 2013 7:01 pm

one of the best things about my seats is we have a great group of Zard fans
in the immediate vacinity.

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#30 » by montestewart » Fri Aug 2, 2013 7:04 pm

dobrojim wrote:one of the best things about my seats is we have a great group of Zard fans
in the immediate vacinity.

My old section always seemed to have way too many Lakers, Knicks, Heat, Bulls, and Celtics fans.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#31 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 7:37 pm

Hands, I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but I have 2 seats, center section (Section 111), Row L (basically just right of center court 12 rows up). I really would like to find someone to split the season with me, but it is hard to find someone that wants to spend that much money. If you want to buy a few games from me, I would be willing to do so. My seats are $125 per seat, which is the season ticket holder discount. Gate price for my seats is $165 per seat. This year, the Wizards are also giving a $20 per game food/beverage voucher for my seats, which is nice. Anyway, let me know if you might be interested....or anyone else.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#32 » by dobrojim » Fri Aug 2, 2013 7:58 pm

BTW Hands,

the swapping thing is for games you can't make it to - Yes, you already have tix to all
the games but this at least gives you another option on nights that you can't make it,
that option being to get extra tickets for another game.
There historically was offered a limited number of non-marquee mid-week games which you
can trade your season tickets for. Obviously the earlier you do this, the more choices
you have.

My first option is typically to sell them on Craigs List (no direct cost). Considering
the difference btw gate and season ticket price, you can subsidize your seats nicely
that way, especially if you're willing to sell marquee games like the MIA or HOU.
FWIW, I usually explicitly say I want to sell to Wizard fans and not to visiting team fans.
Of course no way to really enforce that. I do ask for feedback from my friends in the section
and in most every case someone representing themselves as a Wiz fan will in fact be a Wiz fan.
Selling on CL is easy since the tix are digital and can be delivered via email so the whole transaction
can be done via paypal and email, right from your computer at home/work.

hands11
Banned User

Post#33 » by hands11 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 7:59 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:Hands, I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but I have 2 seats, center section (Section 111), Row L (basically just right of center court 12 rows up). I really would like to find someone to split the season with me, but it is hard to find someone that wants to spend that much money. If you want to buy a few games from me, I would be willing to do so. My seats are $125 per seat, which is the season ticket holder discount. Gate price for my seats is $165 per seat. This year, the Wizards are also giving a $20 per game food/beverage voucher for my seats, which is nice. Anyway, let me know if you might be interested....or anyone else.

Thanks

I appreciate the offer and the information. Sound like awesome seats. Let me chew on that. If I don't get a plan of my own, I would definitely at least check out a game. Opening night will be here before we know it.

So what do you usually do with extra tickets ? Ticketmaster ?

Just trying to learn what I can about people experiences. At some point, I think I will pony up. Just a mater of when.
dandridge 10
Veteran

Post#34 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 9:05 pm

hands11 wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote:Hands, I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but I have 2 seats, center section (Section 111), Row L (basically just right of center court 12 rows up). I really would like to find someone to split the season with me, but it is hard to find someone that wants to spend that much money. If you want to buy a few games from me, I would be willing to do so. My seats are $125 per seat, which is the season ticket holder discount. Gate price for my seats is $165 per seat. This year, the Wizards are also giving a $20 per game food/beverage voucher for my seats, which is nice. Anyway, let me know if you might be interested....or anyone else.

Thanks

I appreciate the offer and the information. Sound like awesome seats. Let me chew on that. If I don't get a plan of my own, I would definitely at least check out a game. Opening night will be here before we know it.

Just trying to learn what I can about people experiences. At some point, I think I will pony up. Just a mater of when.

If I want to sell a game, I usually post it on CraigsList or try to find a friend that wants to buy them. If I am in a bind, I will sell the game at a discount to one of my buddies. Craigslist is much better than Ticketmaster as you don't have to pay them to sell your ticket.
dandridge 10
Veteran

Post#35 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 9:10 pm

dobrojim wrote:BTW Hands,

the swapping thing is for games you can't make it to - Yes, you already have tix to all
the games but this at least gives you another option on nights that you can't make it,
that option being to get extra tickets for another game.
There historically was offered a limited number of non-marquee mid-week games which you
can trade your season tickets for. Obviously the earlier you do this, the more choices
you have.

My first option is typically to sell them on Craigs List (no direct cost). Considering
the difference btw gate and season ticket price, you can subsidize your seats nicely
that way, especially if you're willing to sell marquee games like the MIA or HOU.
FWIW, I usually explicitly say I want to sell to Wizard fans and not to visiting team fans.
Of course no way to really enforce that. I do ask for feedback from my friends in the section
and in most every case someone representing themselves as a Wiz fan will in fact be a Wiz fan.
Selling on CL is easy since the tix are digital and can be delivered via email so the whole transaction
can be done via paypal and email, right from your computer at home/work.

Ha, I used to sell my tickets to only Wiz fans. However, with the Wiz sucking so bad the last couple of years and my tickets being high priced, I have been forced to sell to fans of other teams. At least I get a premium from Laker, Heat, Knicks and Bulls fans. Hopefully, we return to the days where the tickets are in demand and I can be more picky on who I sell to.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#36 » by jivelikenice » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Any ticket holders going to the open gym thing tonight at Verizon?
jeffsays
Rookie
And1: 150

Post#37 » by jeffsays » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Noooo, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I just picked up a seat in the same section to the bulls game for 281 dollars :(

I bought a five game plan from the wizards for about 86/ticket section 200 row C. That wasn't bad, but my cousin desperately wanted to see the bulls play in January so I got a ticket for 281 dollars from the Wiz. I think I should have waited. Worst part: I still need to buy an additional ticket for him.
jeffsays
Rookie
And1: 150

Post#38 » by jeffsays » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:14 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:
hands11 wrote:

Thanks

If I want to sell a game, I usually post it on CraigsList or try to find a friend that wants to buy them. If I am in a bind, I will sell the game at a discount to one of my buddies. Craigslist is much better than Ticketmaster as you don't have to pay them to sell your ticket.

Sorry for the double post, but would you be willing to sell your tickets to the bulls game on January 17th? I might just try to sell my seat and recover some of the lost funds.

Return to Washington Wizards